1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Faceup Artists?

May 9, 2016

1. Has anyone used any UK artists, who’s results you’ve been happy with?
      I would love recommendations or links to their work. I know there’s not so much choice here☹️

2. BrotherTiTi on Instagram does some amazing work. Elfgutz has one of the best styles and extremely unique and characterized dolls too. Forty.Nine on Instagram has breathtaking wig work, although I am not sure they do the faceups on their dolls.

3. Thank you Scumpai, I will check them out.

1. I love Jazzremix and Pepstar male faceups - they make these dolls so lifelike that I literally lust after them! If you want "rocker" faceups, try Lachlana.light - her guys are fabulous! Meeksdoll does very good "brooding" and captivating faceups! I have recently had some heads done by Sugarstars and have been very happy with her work. These artists are all on Instagram and I'm sure most if not all are here on DOA. There are quite a lot of really talented artists out there - I just wish I had the money and heads to try them all!

4. That’s really helpful Terry, great to have some good “leads”

5. This thread is very useful!

My fav are:

Pearls of Danube
      Rugged Realism
      Olesyagavr
      Green Wolfy
      Mahua mmma_hua_ (on IG)

And my most is TianBa0830 (on IG)

6. -Tianba

-Sdink (she will always be my grail faceup artist if there is such a thing :) I was lucky enough to buy a head from her and it came with a faceup and wow, it's such a work of art, it looks even better in person )

-Jazzremix (she is very nice and very responsive. I love Kieran's faceup and all of her commissions look so cool!)

-Looloo I am such a fan of Crispin he's the reason why I ever go to instagram

-Memole's Dollroom ( I bought a doll with a faceup from her and trust me, it's more than half of the reason I bought the doll :D )

-Rugged realism
      -Pearls of Danube

The last two, sadly, I don't think they would ever open so there goes my hope of ever commissioning or much less seeing their work in person.:(

And I agree with people who recommend Tianba I stumbled upon her faceups when I was ogling LLT and Granado dolls on IG. But has anyone here commissioned her? would love to see other photos of her work. Also I'm about to dive head first in commissioning her but it would really help if someone can tell me how the commission went. (Sorry I had a very bad experience with commissioning someone recently so any feedback would help)

#67 Yangire811, Oct 24, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    7. Wayfarer/Black Trumpet Rhapsody did an incredible job on my Spiritdoll Echium and I've really enjoyed the other faceups she's done (I got put on to her work by browsing for unusual faceups in the galleries). A wide range of style, from fantasy to rugged to animesque, I really like the versatility and expressiveness of her work. (@wayfarer.bjd • Instagram photos and videos)

I bought a Resinsoul Song with a Ticuk faceup and it completely changed how I view such a simple/plain sculpt. Everything about Ticuk's work is so cool. Gothic, glamourous and edgy.
      (Gallery)

Draconic Maiden/A Maiden's Kiss is awesome to work with as well. I bought an entire doll and went for a glam fantasy faceup solely because I saw her work on the same sculpt. Not only does she do crazy fun creative stuff, she's great to work with.
      (Vic (draconicmaiden) (@amaidenskiss) • Instagram photos and videos)

Last but not least, I've had two of my dolls glowed-up by Dreaming with the Doll/BunnyForever and her work is so gorgeous. She puts subtle shimmers into each faceup so whenever I see my dolls their skin literally glows and seems alive. She made me love my basic Bory even more and brought so much subtlety to his expression.
      (face-up commission | BunnyForever)

8. Thank you Dolly Wardrobe, Yangire811 and a Wee Tiefling, seems like there is loads of choice!

9. I love Tianba's style so much but her faceups are soooo hard to get a spot

10. Sylvester
      do you know anyone who has successfully commissioned her?

11. I -love- Rakeru Sensei and Tonocha on Instagram! I've also seen Raquel Clemente's works which are also stunning.

12. I like 3rd_strike, Lapland, Minyeaki and Rapunzelken but she no longer accepts overseas commission.

13. Yarka.laka on Instagram! She isn’t open right now but I adore her work and she’s honestly the sweetest person in this hobby, definitely worth checking out!

14. I love white-tea and Valedoll !!!!!

15. Definitely Eludys on Instagram^^

16. I would say Xhanthi and Mahua. Some excellent skin texture they've created.

17. This is a great thread and I'm definitely saving it as a reference.

Shaiel Workshop - My only boy who I got secondhand came with a faceup by her and it's gorgeous. I love the subtle shades.
      Lightly Battered

18. Tianba - from IG
      AngelToast
      Rugged Realism

19. What is a good faceup artist here in the US? ☺️