1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Faceup Artists?

May 9, 2016

1. I have used a few artists, but sadly one passed away. My number one favorite of course is my DIL Redmaiko here on DOA. My other two favorites are Arrowchild and Onionbulb also here on DOA. But I have had others do face ups for me.

2. I've always done my own, but I do like to collect faceups from friends who actually do them when I can. So far I have two in my collection that aren't mine. But often times if I don't want to do it myself, I will chose a factory faceup if it suits my needs.

3. My last three were all done by Iza’s Faceups and I was over the moon with them, got about 4 more needing faceups in the next year or so and she’s well aware I’m choosing her to do them!

4. I love Daltokki cause she’s so friendly and affordable , most of the dolls I bought already comes with face up that’s why I buy them ..I also recently got dollsfacedatudio faceup and love it!!

5. Iza`s Faceups and a dear friend which is a very talented Faceup Artist.

6. I think PauliAnne.Dolls faceups are stunning. I'm hoping to have a doll painted by her one day :abambi:

7. Does anyone know a good faceup artist that can do fantasy face ups? I want a cool face tattoo on mine.

8. My top three are AngelToast, SugarStars, and Komorebidolls. I've gotten a face-up from komorebidolls and she nailed it, and am getting another doll done by SugarStars.
      Here's SugarStars's commission listing, forgive my inability to make a proper link.
      https://denofangels.com/threads/sug...e-style-3d-lips-and-3d-skin-texturing.723876/
      And Komorebidolls has a DoA commission page as well.
      https://denofangels.com/threads/next-opening-march-komorebidolls-aesthetics-usa-based.749185/
      And the boy I had done by Komorebi: Sir Thomas
      [​IMG]

9. Who is your favorite face-up artist and why? I would love to hear stories about partnering with independent artists as what you like about those from doll companies. Please post pictures if you are comfortable. I don't know what kind of art is out there.

10. I highly recommend checking out Instagram :) following the #faceup tag provides you with a constant feed of new work. also, there's quite a few doll artists who post on YouTube. Moonlight Jewel, Dollightful, Hexetian, the list goes on.
      yummysweetsdolls and itsyoumebjd are some of my favorites on insta. the above mentioned YouTube artists should have instas as well.

11. My favorite face-up artist would probably be Story of the Seventh Day on instagram-- she's made some of my favorite dolls too, (Horus and Set) but I originally found her through her face-ups. She does a lot of fantasy style face-ups with face tattoos and markings-- I really like how thin and neat her lines are, and how 'swooping' they are, without overpowering the face of the doll.

Seconding shrimpflavor, instagram has a great selection of faceup artists to choose from or just look at ^^.

12. D.Lace but not entirely faceup. The artist is amazing and produces BJD that can be based on Michelangelo or Cyberpunk or Greek statues or artsy monsters. They had a doll that was the visual product of a Greek soldier statue that was shattered and put back together. So, the faceup would consist of the intricate put back together doll face and the coloring.