1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Independent Doll Artists?

Jan 21, 2018

1. Little Rebel is my favorite!
      Instagram: littlerebeldoll

Here's Justin, my tan Andre (on Luts real skin brown SDF Type 4 body, as LR only makes heads for the SD size dolls)

[​IMG]

2. I love dolls made by independent artists! My favourites are Demiurge Dolls, Dust of Dolls, Agatti Dolls, Batchix, and Irrealdoll.

3. I adore Mariya Zhukova's work @mariya_zhukova_cloverdolls I think she's selling her dolls on dreamhigh studio (don't know if it classifies as independent given that she's selling it on a bjd platform other than IG or what not, but still, I can't get enough of her whimsical sculpts[​IMG]

4. I love Shecow's Mara head but I am so waiting on her Kit she is working on to be done. I have been following the progress and I am getting really excited!

5. @villitunes is my current favorite! She makes an adorable tiny cyclops, Mizuki (among others!). Right now I'm waiting for her to finish a big cyclops that she started last year, Niimz. :love

There are tons of adorable photos on her instagram, here.

6. Ohhhhmygosh cuuuute!! I went to their website but I couldn't find their bids on their site for sale only their art (which is also gorgeous!!)? D:

YESSS! I absolutely LOVE my Mizuki <3 <3 <3 She is just too cute :D I follow her on instagram, but I've never seen anything on Niimz! :0 do you have a pic? :chibi I love cyclopses so much :aheartbea

#27 stormi, Jan 23, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2018
    7. You can see a pic of her together with Mizuki on instagram, here!

I absolutely want to get a Mizuki someday too :aheartbea

8. LOVE!!! Thank you for the pic!! :D ah Villitunes is the best <3 She's super sweet too :chibi

9. The Cyclops is so cute, and I love the three eyed unicorn baby in yellow.

10. Not sure if this counts or not but Bimong makes beautiful bodies that have things like de-attachable breast plates (so you dont have to change the whole bust :aeyepop:)

Rosen Garden makes cute posable 19cm girls that Id love to have in my collection one day too :kitty1

11. Hands down, Youpla is my favorite independent artist. I have yet to receive my Ziya, but I love the style of her dolls overall and she is so kind and understanding. I feel so grateful to her, that she was patient with me when I bought Ziya <3

ETA: I received my Ziya and I'm absolutely in love :love So I will stand by calling Youpla my favorite independent artist.

#32 Akatsuki, Jan 23, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    12. aoi tuki dolls are really pretty, but i wouldn't get their chest pieces theyre way too big for my liking

13. Beautiful dolls!! Woah but.... wow..... those boobs are just.... not.. ok..
      Gorgeous faces though!! <3 I'd defiantly just buy the heads they're gorgeous :D

Ahh yes I LOVE Marmite Sue!!! :D just so so beautiful and delicate!! :chibi
      Awww I love that pic <3 I didn't know maskcat was an independent artist :D
      Aw my pleasure!! I think it's super important to support individual artists :chibi I love "indie" dolls :aheartbea

#34 stormi, Jan 30, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2018
    14. Little Rebel for sure! All of her sculpts lips are GORGEOUS. <3 I wish that she had bodies to go with them since my hybrid making hasn't been an easy experience so far. :sweat But I'll still get one of them someday!

15. I know for sure I'm going to support more of Pygmalion Doll and Kanadoll's work. I really hope Pygmalion Doll gets the attention it deserves because those boys are gorgeous!! Plus the owner casts everything by herself and stuff, so definitely I support them 100%. Also I really like Kanadoll (even though she's connected to Rosen Lied), and their gentle sculpts. I love the kind of elegant aesthetic of it.

Other than those two main ones, I really like Fifth Motif, Amadiz Studio, Universedoll and Little Rebel!!

16. I love the dolls made by Lume Doll. The faces of the artist's doll are realistic and diverse. The company doesn't seem to get enough notice, but they're beautiful dolls. I own several and want more!

17. Lillycat and Nefer Kane are two of my favorites along with Dust of Dolls which makes such cute dolls! Popovy and Yuki Doll are my dream dolls but way out of my price range right now. Maybe someday. I have given up on ever getting an Enaibi doll, and I used to follow her much more closely but I don't really bother anymore.

And I am DYING to get Annako from Dodo Dolls which is an artist who works with Jpop.

18. Atelier Momoni! I absolutely want a momonita!:D

19. Nabarro boys and Anna queen are my faves.