1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Independent Doll Artists?

Jan 21, 2018

1. I love Seed Dolls Wol and Peabody head sculpts by armeleia. I bought Wol on their Etsy store. I love her so much because of how unique her nose is.

2. Elfgutz - I don't know if I would like to buy any of her dolls, but they're really original and unique.

3. Just a couple of little reminders:

Please don't hotlink photos; you must host any posted photo yourself.

Mentions of artists that have been banned from DOA (and are found in the wiki page list of banned artists/dolls) have to be removed.

If you own an indie head and want to share it here, but the artist isn't a member and you don't know if it's on-topic, you can submit the doll/head itself by going to Ask the Moderators and providing some clear photos of the nude doll/head yourself.

4. Connie Lowe. I love her Sprocket dolls and have quite a few of them.

5. LLT. I have Red Dove. I also really love boypink's incomplete muscle girl body. I wish the progress would update though.

6. Orange Tea Dolls, their dolls are curvelicious.

7. Twigling, merry doll round, Pasha pasha! All create their own artist dolls that are very unique and very gorgeous! Twigling is definitely my grail company. I have 2 dolls on the way from Reese and hope to own one of every sculpt from her!

8. pygmalion doll :)

9. Rugged Realism (RUGGED REALISM) and her Venitus @_ I heard she doesn't do commissions anymore but her work really got me started on the bjd hobby they are AMAZING.

10. My favorite are Kana (Kanadoll) and Esthy (Distant Memory).

11. I checked out You pls dolls and fell in love. Fortunately for me, the current offering is too big for me. I prefer the YOSD or MSD size due to space restrictions I've imposed upon myself. But boy, is she sexy and I'm a sucker for red hair and freckles

12. Shout to sarah wandzz, who know also know as pintsizepalace in instagram!

I love her nimah sculpt!

13. My favorites are Nikki Britt and Atelier Momoni. Nikki Britt's Phoebe is my avatar, I just love all of her sculpts. Atelier Momoni is a newer favorite of mine and I find myself wishing I had discovered her a few years ago so I could have gotten some of her clothes to go with her dolls. She's an artist all the way around!

14. My vote goes to Limhwa. I have a Leda girl, aiming for a half elf of hers..

15. My favorite is @Breath doll <3 I owned two of her sculpts and they are so beautiful and unique! <3

16. It's Irrealdoll, hands down. Their MSD sculpt Nur is the only boy doll I've ever wanted to own. Their tinies are cute as well, especially Enyo and Oli. I like their mature minis too, it's just not my preferred size range. Their dolls are so distinct and I adore the aesthetic. Like Nur isn't your typical MSD guy not that there's anything wrong with being one! The unique sculpt is just delightful to me and he pops out of the crowd positively.

17. This is a great thread...

I am a huge fan of NikkiBritt as well...her childlike dolls are so unbelievably adorable and so well sculpted.

If you're lucky enough to get a artist edition doll with an artist Faceup, you'll be smitten.

But since my collection has changed drastically, my most favorite sculptor right now is Nuria from MerryDollRound.

She's beyond incredibly talented and I adore how she focuses on ethnicities as her specialty.

My three MDR girls are my most favorite and I cannot imagine my life without them.

That being said, I have a huge respect for all of these Spanish artists making a name for themselves...

Being Latina myself, I tend to want to support smaller artists like MDR and AtelierMomoni, Irrealdoll, LittleCosmos, etc.

This is my two cents on the matter...thanks for this thread!:dance

18. I remenber that I saw two dolls from a etsy shop, one was 1/1 which is amazing, the name was something moon I think, and the other one I think is a independent maker called musen???

19. I totally agree -Nur from Irrealdoll is a great MSD sculpt....such a cool kid on the block!

20. Sometime, when I have the time to explore social media and other peoples' collections and independent artists' sculpts---and my time isn't usurped by class projects, etc.---I'll have to really check out some of the artists out there. As for my favorites of the ones I know about, I like Light Limner's sculpts (Their girls are nice and sophisticated looking), and I like most of what I've seen from Little Rebel (And love the Kai I managed to snatch up when I got the opportunity:D). I also loved Batchix's lovely elven boys (especially Clever Little). Simply Divine also has some simply divine male sculpts as well.

That's what I'm currently aware of, but I'm certain---given the opportunity to look around further---I'm sure I could find others I'd admire :kitty2