1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Independent Doll Artists?

Jan 21, 2018

1. Red River Road is my most recent doll crush, their work is amazing. @_@ I still regret not buying a ridiculously well-priced work of theirs I saw on ebay a while back.

Other favorites are Dust of Dolls, Orange Tea Dolls, Bishounen House, Misterminou and Plasticmoon. They're all gorgeous, beautifully stylized dolls and I hope to own one from ANY of them someday. :D I figure it's just a matter of keeping your finger on the pulse, being in the right place at the right time...

2. Donn Kinney of Bishonen House. His dolls are full of awesome!

3. My favorite is Nefer Kane. Her sculpts are all so unique and full of personality. Also love Irrealdoll, Dododoll, Nikki Britt and Connie Lowe. Tatyana Filenko of TaFidolls has the cutest faces! This thread is great; I'm seeing so many new artists to check out!

4. Akhmel Dolls is my fav doll artist, I am DYING to own their Xiro, crazy unique dolls like that are my passion in this hobby <3

5. There are a few independent artists whose work I own and love:

Lumedoll
      Shinydoll
      tinybear (thesleepingelf)
      twigling (Artifex Kindred)

Very sad I missed out on Seed Art's Wol and Summerbird's Viola. Will be purchasing TiffieBJDCrafts' Battholomew and hopefully Morningstar Dolls' Ballista if there is a re-release!

6. I love my little Cuarto dragons and my Dream High micros.
      My Forever Virginia Briar and Argonautica Little Kio are all kinds of adorable.
      My Bishonen House Steve has more sheer attitude per cm than any other guy in this house...

Picking a favorite is TOUGH! :lol:

7. All of these look so amazing!

#67 DeeTen, Apr 27, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    8. I like sio2's sculpts so muuch~~ they look very unique and awesome!!!~~

9. I love mia so much, I love Soo, Ginger and Baby Lamb!

10. My favorite is Otherside dolls by @Zun. I own three of her fabulous dolls : a Dione, a Kobalt and an Oddity.

11. I enjoy watching Baidu bar " BJD 自制吧 "
      There is many Chinese independent doll artists.
      Some are made for themselves only, and some open to others' orders.
      This bar are mainly chatting about how to make a doll , though.

12. I rather like Anna-Queen, Kanadoll, La Maison de Aile, OR-Doll/Nyxdoll, Dollgru, and Transcend★B.

13. Omg Depths Dolls! They are so super cute and have a cartoonish style.

14. Definitly Kay Wiggs love her girls so expressfull faces if i ha a pot of gold i would run for one of her dolls!

15. I would love to add Distant Memory 디스턴드 메모리 (her web is the same, if you google it) ...
      but I just wanted to say that this thread is a blessing !!! :kitty1
      I had spent hours browsing these independent creators and fallen in love with so many sculpts... what do I do now.. :drool

16. Little Rebel has some of the most beautiful sculpts I've ever seen! Even without faceups, I find them absolutely stunning and I hope to own one someday.

17. Well I can't find their web when I google this name "디스턴드 메모리".
      Can you let me know their web by typing their web adress please :sorry

18. Oh!! So sorry, dear! :frownyblush: I was on the phone at the time, and I was too lazy to link.
      So sorry! Here she is! Distant Memory

19. Thank you so much!!
      They may be my ideal type face and I want to know them more >//////<

20. I think her sculpts are lovely! Very subtle but so, so charming!!! :fangirl: