1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Independent Doll Artists?

Jan 21, 2018

1. I'm really excited about Meeksdoll Murphy (can't wait to get my head!) and I also love love love the body Pintsizepalace is sculpting right now.

2. Among the wonderful indie artist dolls, I'm really impressed with Alice In Labyrinth 1/3 girls, especially they updated the body lately. Very unique, and they also offer hand made eyes. Worth a try ♡

3. Just recently bought an Angeltoast Crow head. :love

4. Nabarro! I haven´t looked through many independent artists or even companies, but I really love her sculpts! I have a total bias for her sculpt "Sumner"

5. Haha...my collection has yet again to change...

After my MerryDollRound bout...I'm now all about AtelierMomoni...

She's one person and she's extremely talented...

She sews the clothing, paints the Faceups, makes the wigs, makes the shoes...

She's incredible...

I cannot say enough good things about Lola...

We talk a lot and we have a great relationship, almost like we're friends...

I can speak with her in my native tongue which is very important to me...

I really am just smitten with my doll collection right now...

I have 4 girls at the moment and am expecting 3 more...for now

Lol :XD:

6. My most favorite independent doll artist would be a Chinese sculptor-Small from Flower&Junior ! She makes the cutest and most unique looking bjd I have ever seen. Hope she would get more notice for her talent :love

7. The majority of my dolls come from independent doll makers, Meadowdolls, Zun, Irrealdoll, Orange tea dolls, Dust of dolls, Kaye Wiggs, Sephie doll shop, Nikki Britt studio, Mushroom Peddler, Compagnie des Radis... I just can't choose which one is my favorite.
      Diversity and abundance are what make a nice collection.

8. Esthy of DistantMemory. She sculpts based on bts members and I’m in love with everything she produces (sunho is my grail doll and I will never stop searching for my boy...)

9. I am a fan of Lost Chronicles; I love seeing updates on Facebook! The Naris sculpt is so gorgeous :love

10. Marmite Sue- hands down- her dolls are more amazing every year, and the detailing that goes in to each body part is incredible-

11. I'm going to second Nefer Kane! I adore her unusual and expressive sculpts. I've also recently become quite the fan of Misterminou who makes again unusual sculpts with a very distinct style.

I'd also mention Dokudoll for their cyclops head and I'm not sure if they are an individual artist (I get the impression that they are) but Argodoll/Argonautica Doll have some gorgeous sculpts. I'm particularly keen on the alien sculpts Kios and Prias ( in both 1/3 and tiny sized).

I keep thinking of more! Apodoll (or also known as custom lovers). Their orchid mantis Hamanor sculpt is off topic but so wonderful!

12. Esthy of DistantMemory my favorite artist and Flower&Junior from China they are so talented, absolutely awesom

13. and baby lamb, and baby lamb~..........

14. Did anyone mention Magic Mirror yet? Or Nympheas Dolls?

I wish I had another doll by Asella, my Raspberry is so lovely.

Doll Pamm is another one of my favorites.

15. Definitely Rafael Nuri and her Resin Bidoll line. Her sculpts are so fluid and extravagant, and the jointwork is impeccable. There's definitely a certain taste for this kind of doll so really just check it out and see if you like it.

16. Baby Lamb is like a dream~~A dream~A dream~

17. I own four Varvyanskaya dolls, though I'm ashamed to say I have only done a proper photoshoot for Neonilla:

[​IMG]Untitled by the_alien_experience, on Flickr

It seems that the artist has stopped producing this sculpt, which makes me very sad. There are one or two of her dolls that I missed out on, and would jump at them second-hand if I had the chance.

18. I'm really enjoying exploring this thread to discover new artists! I still consider myself pretty new, so there's a lot of sculptors etc that I've never heard of. One that I do know of (and love) is Summerbird BJD Studio <3

19. I was just about to mention MM!