1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite type of BJD videos?

Aug 11, 2015

1. Videos of doing face-ups are nice, and stop-motion animation is always impressive! I've tried to watch box opening videos but they just don't hold my interest.

2. I like watching box opening videos, because they allow me to kind of see the doll in person and I can get a concept of the dolls scale, and even how the doll moves. I love review videos, because I can see how the doll moves and I can really understand its possibility and limitations. I enjoy watching other doll owners discuss their dolls characters and back stories, because it's really fun to see how someone else is using their doll. I also enjoy the BJD Addicts prompt videos, because it's cool to hear someone else's opinion about a certain topic.

3. i love the story videos. you know.. the ones that show a line of events or things like that. recently i made one for my Saint when he come to my home.

4. My favorite are probably box opening videos! It's a great way to see how big the dolls are next to someone, if that person decides to show themselves in the video. And it is a bit satisfying to watch while I'm waiting for my dolls to come in. I do like watching videos of people opening from the company I ordered from, but I will watch pretty much any box opening video. I love seeing people fall in love with their dolls! I definitely plan to make one when mine come in!

Second favorite, are probably bjd family videos. I love seeing other people's dolls and how well (or not well) they fit together. And by not well, I just mean that some people buy dolls that they don't have in the same background story or something like that. Nothing wrong with that!

5. I really enjoy watching box openings, especially when I'm waiting for a doll since it amps up my own excitement. I also enjoy watching restringing videos and faceup tutorials since I find them educational and strangely relaxing. It's also fun watching addict prompts and just general update videos like current collections with backstories and seeing dioramas. I really like seeing everyone's creativity in the hobby.

6. I like box opening videos, tutorials and collection videos! :)

7. I'm not too picky. I really like any videos that are about my hobbies (BJD, books, writing, games.... ect) As long as the video is entertaining, than I will enjoy watching it! I love seeing videos about dolls I am interested in or about dolls that are similar in scale to the dolls I hope to own, so I can get a more clear idea of what the doll will look like in person.

8. I like good comparison or body review videos. I think the good ones are pretty short and to the point.

9. I love watching faceup time lapses! And Doll openings, whenever I'm waiting on a new dollie and can't wait.

10. I like to watch box openings of dolls not commonly seen, tutorials can be very helpful e.g. showing you how to make wigs and I enjoy people showing their complete collection of dolls. I'm don't like videos where someone just rambles on and on, I turn off those very quickly as they are too tedious for me.

11. I love love love! Box oppenings, the reaction the people have when they open and finally hold their new doll after weeks and weeks of waiting is priceless :D

12. I've always loved watching box opening videos, even before BJDs! It's nice to be able to share in the excitement of someone getting something new and sharing their thoughts on it, plus I think it helps curb my impulses whenever I feel like spending money, lol. As a newbie it's really informative hearing thoughts from someone with more experience, so I've been bouncing around Youtube listening to reviews and such too these past few weeks.

13. I like watching videos, but i like watching not just for the dolls but to see a slice of someone elses life. This hobby is enjoyed by people all over the world and it is quite nice seeing others houses, living style and if they film outside their surrounding area.

I do like the box opening vids because it is nice seeing someone get a doll, then later maybe post some pics of it all dressed up.

14. I love tutorials, even when they're for crafts and projects I wouldn't want to do myself. I just enjoy their incredible creativity! :abow:

I also enjoy body reviews. I've learned a lot.

15. My favorite videos are the prompts where hobby members discuss questions and topics. I also like tutorial videos for faceups and blushing.

16. I like watching people do faceups (tutorials). I also really like it when they do body/size/sculpt comparisons (shopping purposes).

Also when they talk about their dolls. Sometimes it's really nice to see people so passionate about their hobbies and characters. :)

17. I really like watching unboxing, prompts and collection videos. I think prompts give you a really good incite into who you're watching

18. I love box opening videos. Seeing new doll arriving is really exciting!:love

19. Being still relatively new to the hobby (nearly 18months) I still really love vox opening videos as these are a great way of finding out about packaging /product reviews etc. I also like watching customisation videos :)

20. When I have doll plans, I always look for reviews. Posing reviews are the greatest. I also keep my eye out for wig making tutorials, as I am trying to improve my wig making skills.