1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite type of BJD videos?

Aug 11, 2015

1. I like box openings, like... sometimes when I know it's just going to be a long time before I can make a doll purchase, I like to watch someone else's moment of dolly euphoria, get a little secondhand glee. And it's nice when I've already sort of decided what my next will be (though it seems those plans reset every time I have to spend the money on something practical and start saving all over again), because I can just search out videos of a particular doll or company, and see an opening/review to sort of mentally prepare.

I also enjoy going through the BJD addicts prompt videos from time to time, and I really like when people do a little tour of their doll's stuff, like... showing all the little bitty shoes and clothes and talking about where they found some perfect thing to complete their doll's look or habitat.

2. I like to watch doll openings, especially if I'm researching that one doll I want to buy next. Research ,research is always a good answer. :)

3. My fav are the stories - stop-motion mainly. I love the DIY project journal kind as well. Box openings can be instructional - when I'm looking to buy a doll from a company I'm not familiar with, or even a new sculpt, I will go looking for a box opening to see what the doll looks like (I do this even if I've already ordered one - as in, limited editions LOL - cause I wanna see LOL)

4. I love box opening videos and dress up/OOTD videos! ^_^ I really like seeing the dolls people get and seeing the different ways people stylize their dolls a lot. :3

5. I absolutely love watching box opening videos
      Especially when I'm waiting on a doll myself ^_^

6. Personally, I love watching box opening videos, especially when it's their first BJD. I always enjoyed seeing the excitement in their faces as they open the box and finally get to see their doll in person. I also really like watching the BJD Addict Prompts and hearing their own opinions and/or experiences about certain topics and/or situations.

7. Honestly i just like watching any type of bjd video people post up. My 2 very fav. types of vids are box opening and tag videos.

8. I like to watch doll unboxing videos because it gets me excited for my next doll. I also like watching doll clothing haul videos, because.. I don't know. I find it interesting haha.

9. It depends, and varies on the person making the video! Some people have such darling reactions, I love their box openings. Some people make really great tutorials. And some people have such awesome character/world building videos...

As a whole, I guess I like box openings the most (and making them as well, who doesn't love to get now stuff amirite) , but I don't specifically look them out unless I'm expecting a package from a speficif new company and would like to know what to expect.

I tend to follow people who make things and do videos related to that - be it sewing, faceups, wigs, stories, world building... and also try to follow people who have an inspiring or similar aesthetic to me.

10. I like videos that are compact. I don't tend to enjoy watching box openings and never seek them out unless I can't find owner photos of a doll I want. They are usually too long and overly drawn out.

I tend to like tutorials for things to do with your dolls or to make things for dolls that are detailed but short. One thing that is a major pet peeve is unedited or under edited videos that show the entire process of one detail. It is very simple to say cut this and sew along the line, and edit out the process of the excruciating process of you cutting and sewing, while brushing your pet away. I find that half the time these videos do things like this, they aren't even showing anything helpful, You'll see the draping of the fabric while most of the sewing happens off camera.

My general rule of thumb is if any tutorial that should be simple takes more than 5 minutes I won't click on it. I realize that plenty of people enjoy this and I mean no offense to them. Just personally, I don't like long drawn out videos.

11. I love the wine and dollies vids, tutorials, faceup speedpaints, and really any sort of discussion- characters or aspects of the hobby or whatever. Box openings can be fun as well (as long as they don't drag TOO much), I love seeing people so happy and it makes me happy too when it's a grail/ doll I'm about to buy :)

12. I love box openings and collection videos. I love seeing someone's excitement when they open the box. And I usually like watching them when I'm thinking of getting another doll. With collection videos, I love seeing different sized and styled dolls together.

13. I'm currently into watching wig making videos. This is mainly because I plan on making a wig sooner or later for my new BJD. I am very new to BJD and have recently subscribed to many people suggested to me. I was surprised by the range and content of those videos. Of those I guess I liked the general videos not really about anything specific the most.

14. Box openings are fun to watch. I watched so many of them when I was waiting for my first doll to come in.

15. I love story videos... could be very elaborate with sideshows of dolly pictures, stop-motion, reading out written chapters or it might just be the doll owner rambling about the trials and tribulations of characters and stories, but I really enjoy watching those things :D
      Clothing and dress-up videos are nice as well, the doll modeling new outfits it received and the character coming more alive through this is always cool to see.
      "Wine & Dollies" is fun to watch too, but I guess I just really like blabbing and rambling about dolls :whee:

16. I love them all! Box openings are my favorite though.

17. Unboxng videos! They really help when you're wanting to buy your own doll/or have one on the way, and you feel excitement for the person as they are opening their box.

18. Unboxing videos for me as well. Especially if they are receiving their first doll. I love watching doll videos in general, but those are my favorite.

19. I love watching box openings, i get excited with the owner lol and I also get to see what the doll looks like being handled out of the box and i get an idea of what they look like when purchased. Also crafts/tutorials since i get so many ideas on what to do, whether its a faceup,wig making video, or just creating something for them in general. Those videos helped me get into bjds in the first place :)

20. I love tutorials on anything BJD related and box openings. I lived watching box openings while waiting for my doll to come in. I also liked watching the old BJD prompts videos and really just a basic chit chat about the dolls. I mean honestly, anything that has to do with BJDs, I want to watch it :) Reviews, opinions on topics in the hobby, I love it all