1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

favorite way of storing clothes?

Sep 26, 2021

1. I bought a lot of coathangers and some coat hanger covers (like people have for like fancy dresses or sutis irl haha) so once they arrive I'll hang them all up neatly on that. I like to change my doll's clothes quite often so I don't want them to be hidden away.

2. I have one of those plastic drawer things from target! The smaller drawers are for accessories, the clothes go in the bigger drawers.

3. @Setsura That's really sweet and pretty much goals in one way :D I love it so much

4. Each of my dolls has their own shoebox sized plastic tub for their stuff with their name on top written in their own signature style. I keep these in a chest of drawers my dad custom built just for this, but they could just as easily stack in a closet or slide under a bed. Any outfit that needs special care is on a doll hanger and hanging up.

5. I love that you have a Lan Zhan and Wei Ying box.:love
      I need one of those and a Wen Kexing and Zhou ZIshu box. Wen Kexing and Lan Zhan have SO MANY CLOTHES.

6. Uh, yes, those two have so much stuff. :XD:

7. I have a duffel bag, a drawer, and a clothesline thing. The clothesline is from two sewing pins, twine, and some mini clothes pins. Obviously it can’t store much, but it’s a fun way to display and store a little bit. Just don’t do it in direct sunlight or on fabrics that stretch out. It doesn’t have to be all doll clothes though. Right now, I have a few pieces up, but they’re also sharing with some OT art. I made a bunch of shirts and a couple dresses that I still need to dig out and hang up.

[​IMG]

8. thats really cute!!!

9. I hang my guys' flowy clothes in their closet (which I'm running out of space) while their modern outfits go into a separate drawer shelving unit (which I'm also running out of space). :shudder

#29 Miss Era, Sep 29, 2021
      Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    10. This probably only works because I don't own too many clothes, but a friend of mine actually gave me a jewelry holder which is funnily enough a small closet! Sadly I'm at uni right now and don't have it with me so I can't attach a photo, but its the perfect size for doll clothes and looks just like an antique closet (if only tiny!) complete with drawers and mini hangers!

11. I have them currently hung up in clothing racks I made, and all of their shoes displayed. So far I like it this way and it is part of how I display my collection.

12. i'm not a very organized person, all my doll cothes are in various baggies which are in boxes...ideally when i get enough time and energy i'll go through what belongs to who and organize the clothes that way.

13. I just stuff everything into a box…. Probably should change that….

14. I just have a set of boxes stuffed into a closet. I wish to get a nice looking wooden drawer to get more organized. Not just for clothes but for wigs, eyes etc.

15. Not the most efficient way but for now I have a big zippered storage box for all my clothes and shoes, then a miniature plastic three drawer storage for smaller things like eyes and smaller accessories, and finally another bin for props which are mostly plushies at the moment :sweat I try to sort things into sections though for each respective doll though (they all have their own clothes sets >_>).

16. I have mine stored in plastic bags in an antique vanity.

17. I'm going to need to figure this out soon, and not just because of clothes- I have a serious addiction to buying props LOL. I have a tall plastic drawer set that was supposed to be for my card/board games and some craft supplies, but... I think I'm going to repurpose at least one of the drawers for doll items. Maybe the large one on the bottom, and fill it with smaller boxes for different items?

18. I'm currently dedicate 3 out of 4 stories of drawer to doll stuff (The lowest one belong to my other hobby)

2 Stories for clothing (Boy/Girl) Store by zipper bags
      [​IMG]
      Where to get these zipper bags : Daiso (A box of 15 for $1 if I remember correctly)

1 Drawer for wig which I've took them all out of their original box/bag and put in all the same size boxes in picture below
      [​IMG]
      Where to get these boxes : Aliexpress (Search for a "Macaron/Cake" box with transparent window... that's what these boxes meant to be :lol:) choose the size that suit your doll's.

Result - This way I could store...
      - about 40-ish dress set
      - about 40-ish wigs

ps. All of my dolls are on 1/4 scale and they do share clothing. For reference.

#38 xxxsaturnxxx, Jan 1, 2022
      Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    19. Those wig boxes!!!!

20. I wanted to test the idea of putting everything on hangers, creating the rack and hangers myself... what a bad idea! It takes too much space! Especially when you have SD...
      So, for the moment, almost everything fits in two boxes on shelves, but I would have liked to find something even more practical... I would like to try the binders with plastic pockets...