1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

FCS a good idea for a first doll or no?

Aug 13, 2010

1. I am beginning to waffle now between FCS and just getting a Rinon exactly for the reason you said Kim. I mean, there isn't a FCS mold that I would just seriously die for at FCS and I am OK with Rinon, just not too crazy about her makeup. I figured I would change the makeup when I got home anyway. So it's kinda open to interpretation and after a while you have to redo the faceup anyway.... Kinda makes you wonder if its worth the extra money.

2. I think it's easier to just get a 'pre-constructed' for a first doll.
      Haha!
      But I've always loved the idea of FCS.

3. I did FCS at Sato and loved the experience. I adore the boy I got out of it! But language would certainly be an issue. Even if they have employees who speak some English (which I've encountered there), they're likely to be hesitant and want you to either speak Japanese or bring someone who does. This is not a very simple conversation to have! There are a lot of details, there are legal disclaimers, and they are very careful with the process in my experience.

As Kim said, faceups aren't permanent. Also, if you feel they messed up on what you asked for, you can send it back once to be redone. You can't change the requested faceup, but you can have them redo the one you asked for originally if it's not correct. It's not that big a risk. However, if you aren't set on an FCS sculpt, it is a more expensive and time-consuming way to get a doll.

4. I know I am echoing Kim and many othere here but I think and FCS is an excellent idea for a first doll as long as you know exactly what you want (lots of picture references, a picture is worth a thousand words after all!) and keep an open mind as to the collaborative nature of the FCS process. I personally would love to have an FCS sunlight skin Rinon and I am hoping they add her to the line up soon.