1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

FDQ presents LE Volks New York Style SD16 Ami Ayase

Jan 1, 2011

1. Yes she's sold out already.

2. That's confirmed! Ami has sold out already. According to Pat, a few customers tried to order 5-10 of them, which of course, was not allowed. The response to Ami has been amazing. We'll be posting the outfits as soon as we get the final pricing from Volks.

3. Some people tried to order 5-10 of her?! Thank God, FDQ and Pat put their foot down.

4. If you go to the main FDQ website, it says she's sold out, but outfits will be available. As a subscriber, I would have liked to have received an e-mail about this doll being offered because by the time I found about her on this site today, it was too late. On the good side, that means temptation was avoided and I saved a bunch of money to follow through on 2011 doll plans.

Stacy in IL

5. Wow - she went SUPER quick! I thought as much, since she's fabulous. I can't believe some selfish, selfish people tried to order multiples to scalp. Yay to FDQ for stopping them!

6. Stacy, an email from FDQ was sent out to subscribers on New Year's Eve/Day. Mine had the sent date of December 31, 2010 10:10:15 PM PST. Maybe your spam filter ate it?

Still boggled that people tried to order multiples of Ami.

7. An email did go out just after midnight on New Year's Eve. You might want to check your spam folder or make sure that your email carrier lists FDQ as an accepted sender. I'm sorry you missed out on Ami, but the outfits will be announced soon and you should have a chance of grabbing one of those!

8. And now the long long wait begins. I wonder how many DOA girls got an Ami?

9. the link is not working for me. can you double check? thanks Barb

edit, not working one browser, looks like maybe on safari

10. It's coming up fine for me in IE and Opera, for whatever that's worth to folks looking to order.

11. finally working on Firefox, but no way to order, so I assume it is sold out. It seems that the shopping cart was not Mac friendly. - Barb

12. Barb, I'm on a PC - and on Firefox - and can't see the outfit at the link. Perhaps it has to do with some protective software we might be running?

~Bruce

13. Or how many DoA guys . . . (~_^)

~Bruce

14. ...or very smart men. Didn't mean to leave you DOA guys out Bruce!

15. Hi Bruce,

earlier yesterday, the outfit did get into my cart using safari but, I got warnings that the site was not secure (and it was a http, not a https through safari). So, I did not follow through to use my cc on an unsecured site. It wasn't through the link (which still won't work on my mac), it was going through FDQ's site to find the outfit.

Has anyone been able to buy the outfit? - Barb

16. I recieved a FDQ New email from Pat earlier and saw this following statement.I guess the outfits aren't available to order now but later tonight.

"Tonight(western time,I think)we will be updating the site with the special edition outfit which is also being sold separately. The price is $150 and includes shipping anywhere in the world! In addition to the many pieces you see Ami wearing, there is also a handbag in the costume ensemble! This is also one per customer, but you can order the costume in addition to your current doll order."

17. Wow~good luck everyone^_^

18. Memememe! I got my confirmation mail. Wooo~~~~ I've so been in love with Ami since her first release and I've been meaning to subscribe to FDQ, so I got both and it's just win - win!

19. Congrats!!!! I was procrastinating and when I finally decided, thinking that it was too good a deal to pass over, Ami was alrdy sold out!! Boo-hoo.

Pls post pics of her in Mar!