1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Feb issue of Haute Doll is out! (discussion thread)

Dec 9, 2006

1. Are the MSD patterns still sized correctly? I don't want to cut into my fabric and find out it's wrong. ^_^;

2. Shape of... a Dolls Party 16 LE SDG Kurimi! *^^*

3. I'm planning on commissioning my indebted boyfriend to build one for me *^^*

4. I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that current as well as back issues are available on ebay... and you should be able to find them in large bookstores (my Chapters/Indigo carries the magazine).

5. I tried to find this at my Waldenbooks a while ago, but they don't carry it at all here ;_; So I ordered this issue via their site, and I can't wait to see it!

I'd get a subscription myself, except we'll be moving soon, and it's so hard to switch over subscription addresses...even when you get them switched the magazines never show up at the new place ;_; ...

6. I get mine at Borders. No one else seems to carry them in Des Moines. I really like the wrist tutorial. I didn't even realise it was by Armleia! (I should have though, she's like the Goddess of Modding...)

7. i get mine from Hastings bookstore...what a great magazine...this is only my second one and i'm very sad that i didn't discover it earlier!!!

8. No, I'm sorry. =(
      I just compared the article to my originals and the MSD ones have also been shrunk down. At a different ratio from the SD patterns too... *_*

I hope I can post the originals. I'm so disappointed that this happened as I spent a lot of time working on and cleaning up these patterns for printing. *sigh*

9. I agree, I'm a little annoyed as well. I'm surprised that a magazine that's been around for so long would do that. I bought the mag purely for the pattern, but it was good practice making it. I've never made something as complex as that (I've mostly made pants and skirts), so I don't really mind.

10. I look forward to getting the corrections on the kimono pattern. I'm glad the error was caught so soon.
      Susan

11. I just spoke with Karen from Haute Doll and they're going to post the original patterns on their website for people to download. I'll let y'all know soon as its up!

12. that's great news, and you can still use the step by step photos that AJ included in the article. I might even try it, even though I'm doll-sewing challenged. :)

13. Thank you so much! And while I'm thinking about it, is there a seam allowance included on the pieces?

14. Seam allowance is 1/4 inch and they should include that when they upload the patterns (hopefully soon). I think it got left off the pattern instructions. Sorry!

15. I had a hard time finding Haute Doll in local stores. Then I happened to ask the lady who stocks magazines where I shop if she could request Haute Doll for our store, and in two months she got them in for me. Apparently they have been selling well, so it couldn't hurt to ask you local market to get them in stock for you. My market sells magazines at 15% less too!

16. Haute Doll also sell individual issues on eBay, including back issues.

- Liz

17. Thanks for letting us know. I was looking at the patterns (got the magazine on Monday from Barnes & Noble) and thinking something was amiss. Please let us know when the corrections are posted. Thank you :)

Nancy

18. I have the issue!

I just moved to Torrance. I have to do some unpacking. Once that's taken care of, I'll get to making that Kimono Lolita outfit for my doll. Lots of thanks to AJ for having that pattern on there. I've been studying it and I look forward putting my sewing machine to use.

And I really enjoyed that article on Orient Doll. I look forward to what they plan to do in the future!

Of course, the Victorian trunk looks tempting. I can't afford it, but American Girl furniture should work fine for my MSD size ladies.

19. wow, thanks for the feedback, WRA!

20. And thanks for all the leads in response to my Incredibly Dumb Question of the Day! (tm)

Yahooooo! If I can get out of the driveway tomorrow... I'll go shopping! (15 inches of heavy, soggy snow. Ugh.)