1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

feedback for DOLKOT

Sep 23, 2007

1. sorry, but no. at the moment dolkot does not offer heads only. :(

2. that is horrible! :evil: please let us know how this has turned out! :(

3. hey. me again. (sorry, i'm just really obsessed with this doll i want, and hoping dolkot will shape up soon). :|

just wanted everyone to know - in case anyone else here is following the dolkot issue - that i wrote to them, again, hoping to get a more straight answer.

here's what i wrote:

hello. i want to buy a doll with white skin. i wonder, if i get him, and his skin looks "normal" and not white, can i return him?

i only want this doll if his skin looks white like your photos.

thank you!

so, hoping that they'll reply soon. they're usually very polite on the q & a board, but not very direct...:roll:

4. Perhaps with the move completed, they can get back on track with things. It seems someone has been waiting on a pair of ears since last year! o_O

The half-price makeup offer for May is quite tempting, though.

5. They've still completely ignored my post on the Q&A board. Dunno if I should bother posting again or if I'm just wasting my time. Everything recent has been replied to, except my post which was made 5 days ago. >_<;

6. I posted here a few days ago about Dolkot delaying sending the doll, and, well, today I have him :) Actually, as soon as I wrote them on the message board that I'm planning to open a dispute with Paypal, the doll was shipped *immediately*. Worked like a miracle, really.
      And he is great. Absolutely great. He poses perfectly, his resin has quite a lovely color - and his face is beyond beautiful. He is a limitation doll, though, and I suppose he was made before they started having those problems with color, so, he doesn't reflects their state of affair now. He might have a few tiny chips here and there and he does have a broken finger but that's okay with me. He's really a beautiful doll, and I'm very happy with him.
      I was very lucky, I think, that everything ended so happily for me. I hope Dolkot will solve their problems very soon, and I really, really wish good luck to everyone who is waiting for their orders or trying to solve problems with Dolkot. Thank you, everyone, for the support!

7. try writing them again, for sure. and make your letter to them public, if you feel comfortable with that. i think that may influence how soon they solve your problem, because then it will be out in the open for all their other customers to see.

8. yay for you! thank god someone has had a (semi) good experience. seems money (or threats) talks huh? and congratulations! i can't wait to see pictures of your new doll! :)

9. Dont their dolls come with a warranty card?

10. hmm...do they? does anyone know?

11. okay, so here's what they wrote back a couple days later:

Hi!

It will be white color! If you order white color.

So, don't worry about it.

Of course, there will be little different because even we think it is white

sometimes other people think it's not white.

But, usually it will be a white color. So, don't worry about it.

Thanks.

again, not so helpful or direct. so who knows...:roll:

12. :doh
      "It's white, we think it's white even though other people don't, but it's white. Kthnks buy our dollz nao!"
      :| :sigh

13. I really wish they hadn't sacked their old english rep, she rocked :( The new guy is kinda like the new luts guy

'hi, we're right you're wrong now buy our dolls and put up with our crap service'.

yeah right

14. Hi everyone, Sorry for showing you some pics of my doll. They did have made you a bad impression of DK. Anyway, I think they will get improvement later I think. So I send my doll back and ask for a refundment. Finally, they pay my money back. So I think they are still reliable. I think what us should do is waiting. May be a half year, maybe one year.

15. actually that is helpful, i believe theyre referring to how some people dislike maybe a pinky white, or the difference between images on the computer and real life product.i dont believe were being fair about their responses. as they cant speak english well they are likely to make mistakes.

16. Maybe we are being demanding sometimes in comparison to their actual English capabilities.. but even when we bend to adapt to that it doesn't mean they're not constantly avoiding customers problems, or questions..

I've been watching this thread for a while because I thought something was up with Dolkot a long time ago. And I was going to purchase one of their Limited Editions, but when it's from a company as fishy as they've become I don't feel safe even spending that money.

A long time ago I asked them about the Limited I wanted, if they would take layaway, because just a few days before I posted a girl had asked the same question about a different doll and I figured it would be fine. I waited a while, and they blatantly ignored me for 3 weeks. so I reposted in even simpler English, and they still ignored me, and never replied to me.
      At this point, my friend, who was going to contribute in paying for the doll because she wanted the couples set of the two to share between us, decided that even though she wasn't directly involved in the purchase she would ask Dolkot about the same thing...without saying she was involved in my purchase in any way. It's been months since we asked with no reply, and the other day they finally contacted HER after still not saying anything to me, saying that they would take layaway and put them on hold for her if she told them how many months etc..

I'm so unimpressed by them ignoring me that I don't even want the dolls anymore.. x_X..

17. Hmm, this skincolor thing is quite interesting....

I have recently seen a white Dolkot boy - he is one of their one-offs, ordered before the move, but arrived only at the end of March. We compared his skintone to my NS Hound, they were almost the same, with my (two years old, very slightly yellowed) Hound being a bit more pinkish and the Dolkot boy being on the yellow side - he was definitely paler than the pics I've seen posted in this thread.

While his skin is pale as white should be, and he has arrived with some gifts as an apology for being so late, more than two months of wait for a doll that was supposed to be on hand is too long for my tastes...

18. i don't think this is the issue (at least for me). i wouldn't mind at all if there were some slight differences (like a pinky or yellower type white). but the photos i've seen of supposedly white skin, are of a "normal" colored skin darker than the average doll's normal skin color. and the reply from them regarding that problem was that their "resin colors have changed". so i just wanted to know if we could expect approximately the same shade of white shown in the photos.

i'm totally fine with their limited english, and i feel very appreciative that they try to communicate well, and quickly. however it is the photos of the dolls people have recently got, that to me, speak louder than words.

so, before i drop the $600. i just wanted to ask a lot of questions, and do a lot of research, you know? i hope i didn't sound unfair. ;)

19. i didnt mean you specifically being unfair, and its not that youre fine with the limited english, its that sometimes its difficult for them to explain what they mean.i feel bad cause i know how hard it is to explain things in a language you barely know, sometimes even in one your very fluent in. to be honest, i hadnever heard of an issue until this thread,and there arent enough people with problem dolls to deter me. and there are tons of people who have a kiss, and from what i can tell most of them are fine. also, if someone received a doll that is a normal skin, instead of white, its possibly just a mixup. the reason it looks darker is because obviously the dolls arent exactly how they look in the sites pictures. i believe that if you really love the doll, youd be willing to taqke the risk. especially now that theyve finished their move, and are setled in. im madly in love with bera, and i will purchase one, unless things seem to get much worse.

20. oh yes, i totally understand. it is very difficult to explain things in a different language i'm sure...maybe you're right. i feel the same as you about abel. he is definitely the one i want. and i too have been thinking of taking a risk. but as it is, i think i will wait just for a couple more months at least. i can't wait to see your bera, and i hope it all turns out good for you. ;)