1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

feedback for DOLKOT

Sep 23, 2007

1. ahaha, thanks you! im also excited, but, due to my insane list of wants, she wont be here for a little while, so in a way its good, hopefully all their orders can be perfect by then. and i wish you the best of luck with your abel.

2. Oh man, this is so disheartening :( My next two dolls were going to be Daisy and Lai, and I really wanted a Leaf. But this many dolls arriving with yellowed resin and cracks? Is it really only the boys that are having these problems? (does that seem strange to anyone else?)

3. It was me with the "natural color" doll instead of "white skin" and believe me, I asked them like five times sending comparison pictures if that was supposed to be white skin and if they didn´t have anything fairer. They repeatedly told me that was their new "white skin" tone. At the sixth e-mail complaining with pictures (head was fairer than body and after a closer examination, the body had a couple of cracks in the wrists and knees), they told me to ship back the head and they´ll send me a body matching the head color (the head was like Volks natural pureskin, the body was darker and yellower and they didn´t really match) That was the best alternative they gave me.

So I´ve shipped the head back to them and I´m waiting to see if at least I can get a girl whose head matches with her body. I´ve given up on the white skin thing. I love the Bera sculpt too much, so I´ll take her as a natural skin girl.

I´d say, if you want a natural skin color doll, you have it easy: order the white skin option. It´s a nice shade, just not white. If you really want a genuine white skin doll, wait and maybe they´ll produce real white skin with time or pick another doll company. Right now, their "white skin" is like Volks natural pureskin. I have no idea how their new "natural skin" looks.

4. That is very disappointing. They should've replaced the entire doll for you. :|

Much as it would be nice to get that half-price faceup offer for the month, I'm going to hold off on ordering for a while as well. There was one person on the Q&A board who was actually happy with what they received, so maybe this is a sign of improvment?

5. I'm shocked. o__o Yuna's in PERFECT condition, and I dunno... she's a WS, so I could take some resin comparison shots.

6. Thank you for coming by after I PM'd you, and please please do take photos! That would be so helpful. <3

7. We're having exams recently, but I'll ask her once we're done with the papers. :) I'll be keeping track of this thread too. Cracks and skin tone aside, does anybody have more information about whether their new casts yellow faster than the old Korean ones ?

Edit:

So basically we would like to let them know that:
      1. Dolls are arriving cracked, broken, yellowed and rusty
      2. seams are not well moulded
      3. this is not the quality we expect for USD550
      4. Skin tone naming is misleading, we would like resin match pictures
      5. Please improve your services because many people are put off buying your dolls because there are so much negative feedback
      6. Customer service is bad, people are not receiving responses even after weeks or months.
      7. we love your dolls, but please improve your standards because we don't want to spend so much on something that isn't worth the money

Any more ?

8. Here's the resin comparison shots. On the left is the Dolkot White skin, on the right is Dollmore normal skin.

[​IMG]

9. Oh no! I was wanting to buy Day! He looks so pretty on the sight. I just asked something on their Q&A board, but I'm afriad I might have made it confusing to a non-native English speaker.

I wrote:

I really love the doll Day, mostly because of his beautiful white skin. In your website's pictures his White skin is very pale, but I learned from a feedback topic that the White skin that people have been receiving doesn't look like that.

They have said that you call it the new white resin, but it isn't very white looking to me and most people I know. In the comparison photos I have seen between the site's images of Day and the buyer's images of day the new skin is much darker.

Will you be replacing this new, darker White resin, with a lighter White version that looks more like the White in the photos? I really love the doll Day, but he needs to be as pale as in the sites pictures.

I would love to buy him, but I am afraid of the negative feed back I have received on the skins color.

10. Uh, which is which? :sweat

11. -palmforehead- Oh GOD, I'm stupid. SORRY. T.T
      On the LEFT is dolkot WS, on the RIGHT is dollmore.

12. this makes me really sad. i had planned on having the next doll i get be a dolkot doll because i think all of their molds are sooooo beautiful. I like them so much i can't even decide which one i like best! but i'd love to have a hara, or day or yun or abel. the fact that their service and quality makes me wonder if i should just wait awhile.

to be honest i had wondered why i never see them for sale here in doa but i guess now i know. Everyone is to scared to buy one in the 1st place. :(

also, i have a whiteskin angelo and he hasn't changed color as far as i can tell in a year and he is MUCH paler then the 'white skin' i've seen here.

13. Thank you so much for the comparison shots, kitteh!

14. Dolkots 'white' skin has always been a little confusing to me @_@ I've got an older white skin kiss head, from back when Dollmore still sold them... and at first I would have SWORE to you it was normal skin. My freind got the body an had a NS Dim head on it an it was a perfect match.. then we found out it was actualy white?! Thou it's almost the same colour as my dollmore kids >.<!

15. I think this thread has completely put-off my wanting to buy Daisy. *_*

16. I think I have good news. This was the reply I received.

"Hi!

We are working on white color now!

I know many customer disappointed about our doll this time!

We are trying to make more lighter color now.

So, please wait little more.

New feedback will show up soon!

Thanks. "

It's good to know that they are working on it now. :3 Hopefully they can shape up. ^_^

17. I wish you all the best. ^_^

18. That does sound like good news!
      I shall be waiting to see what they do...I did in fact buy something else with the money I was going to spend on an Abel now, but I would be able to buy him this summer if they do come out with an actual 'white' skin as opposed to the 'pale normal' their so-called white skin is right now.
      =D

19. I bought an MSD body from dolkot a couple months ago... i ordered WS, and it's kind of yellow. It's actually really similar in color to another WS doll that I have, and I've had her for almost two years now and she's yellowed considerably.

But, color aside... the body was very dirty :( I was extremely disappointed that they would send out such a dirty item. Not to mention I'm going to be selling it and it's a little ridiculous having to take apart a body to clean it, when it's fresh from the company.

20. That's a shame. Did you e-mail Dolkot about the problem?

It's good that they're finally acknowledging their issues with WS. Let's hope they change for the better.