1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback for Elfkin

Feb 15, 2009

1. Positive feedback from me! Elfkin bought a Felix doll Brownie from me. She was very nice and kept in touch. She let me know when the dolly arrived. Great buyer. Love to deal with again.

2. Amazing buyer!! I sold a pair of SD shoes to her. She was very nice with PMs and fast with payment. A total pleasure, recommended!! :D

3. Elfkin is awesome! I bought an SD top hat from Elfkin a few months ago. She had sent it, but it never arrived due to postal failure. She had asked me if I wanted a refund or for her to resend one. She resent a second hat. The postal service failed us a 2nd time. She offered to ship it a 3rd time with tracking to make sure it got to me because she understood how much it meant to me to receive this hat. During the whole process she was so understanding and sweet. I've completed many transactions with individuals online (over 250 transactions) and I must say that Elfkin is by far the nicest person I've had the pleasure to deal with. She kept in touch and made sure I got the wonderful hat that she made (I definitely recommend her creations). She's a saint :)

She's a great person to do business with :) I'd buy from her again any day! :) Thank you!

4. Love, love, LOVE this hat!! Elfkin is wonderful to work with, excellent communications, and so sweet! My Annabella has a head size that's a bit larger than most MSDs, but smaller than SD - Elfkin made sure to size the hat accordingly and it fits her perfectly! Did I mention how much I love it?! ;) Will definitely be picking out more wonderful items from this talented artist!

[​IMG]

5. bought a lovely traditional black top hat from Elfkin - unfortunately the post awful was uncooperative & lost the first one & ended up sending the 2nd one back to her but she was a trooper & mailed it right back out and I am very happy with the hat & her service!

6. Bought an awesome SD Top hat from Elfkin. Unfortunately, the post didn't cooperate with her and the first one never arrived. I told what happened and she was a gem and sent a second one out! It finally did arrive safely and was awesome in condition and construction. I'd gladly buy from her again. Thanks so much! :chocoberry

7. I am leaving neutral feedback for Elfkin.

I commissioned an outfit back in the middle of March 2010.

Details on the case can be found in this thread:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?382334-Paging-Elfkin

In short, originally it should have been done within a couple of weeks, but delays occurred (mostly due to illness I gathered), and I was often unsure when the commission would reach me, and what exactly the state of the outfit was.

I had not yet seen pictures late April and requested some, which were given to me. In May I was told the outfit was mailed off, but I never received it. I also had to ask for final pictures of the outfit, and eventually got one.

Approximately a month later it was returned to Elfkin, who tried to mail it out again - this time with a tracking number. However, I never received the tracking number, as it was her husband who had mailed it off and they had lost the customs form.

As a long time had passed since the outfit originally was commissioned (and should have been finished), and as I did not have a tracking number, I requested a refund for the outfit if it had not reached me for a meetup I was going to attend, and wanted to bring my doll and the outfit intended for him along. The deadline for receiving the outfit was 10 business days, corresponding to the time USPS stated for it reaching me.

Elfkin was friendly and let me know she would refund me if I had not received the outfit, and she also let me know that I could keep the outfit when it showed up. As the outfit didn't arrive in time for the meetup, I got a full refund for her some days later (she had to transfer money from her bank account into her Paypal account). She even included fees, which was nice. The outfit has still not showed up, so I am not sure if it is lost in the mail or what.

So all in all - the transaction made me feel, but I am glad there was a satisfactory resolution. For future customers, I suggest the following is provided/asked for:

1. Progress pictures.

2. Final preview pictures.

3. Accurate information on when the outfit is finished; perhaps some subsidiary goals ("The pants will be finished on February 15" and similar). Even better, a schedule would be excellent. If those deadlines cannot be kept or if delays occur, information should be up front, and not afterwards, if possible.

4. Shipping with another courier/freight company than USPS. There seems to be a lot of issues with Elfkin's items in the mail. Every once in a while something can go wrong with the postal service, but the frequency seems very high with her local postal office. Which leads onto:

5. A tracking number, and that the tracking number is provided on the same day as shipping off (if possible).

The few pictures I saw of my outfit gave me the impression that the quality and detail is lovely, and not once was Elfkin unpleasant in her communication, she was also very intent on remedying the situation. But I do see room for improvement, and the postal service issue really needs to be solved.

8. OUTSTANDING FEEDBACK!
      First of all, there is no rushing art--this is true for Bloo Frog/Elfkin. The garment took a very long time to complete, but I knew from the start it would be incredibly complicated and unique. This will always add time to any commission. However, Elfkin was in constant communication with me the entire time, sent photo updates, and was extremely pleasant to chat with throughout. Even after she had been ill for a while and wasn't online, I didn't doubt her sincerity on working on this commission. I knew from her experience as a seamstress and many positive feedback responses that she would be one of the few seamstress/designers here on DoA that could produce the garment I was looking for, one very dear to my heart, so the wait was well worth it.

I have an original character I have been working on for the better part of five years. I retired from cosplay after I already designed and bought materials for the costume. I showed Elfkin my sketches and sent a tape dressform of my specific doll for her to work from along with the fabric I bought for the human sized version. After a few months wait, I got the exact outfit I had in mind. It's perfect, to every degree, every detail, everything I've been dreaming about for the past five years. I have been scared that the doll I bought for this character wouldn't work out after all, but seeing her in Elfkin's professionally rendered costume brought it all together. I'm still working on other elements of this doll (she needs pants, shoes, and I need to work up the guts to go over her orange eyebrows with black...) but now I can see the character whenever I look at this doll instead of just the "Souldoll Ignis" she was before.

Thank you so much for helping my BJD dreams come true!!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

9. recieved a beautiful outfit from Elfkin. She did a Victorian suit for my boy with a pair of steampunk goggles. It fits like a glove and has great dart details on the ulster. Thank you. Worth the wait.

10. GREAT FEEDBACK!!!

Elfkin was wonderuflly communicative through the whole process of commisioning an amazing unique outfit for my dark skin Cocori! I sent her sketches of the whole outfit and we discused details and color choices and everything. She kept me updated on where she was with the outfit and about her wellness and if things were delayed or not. There was a bit of a hiccup with postal services to Canada, but he kept me updated on all of it and even travelled to different towns to try and get the outfit properly shipped! When it wasn't showing up properly with it's tracking number she even called the post office to ee if everything was alright on my behalf!

The outfit itself is simply AMAZING. Different texutres, colours, lace, ribbon, leatherette and even tiiiiny to scale buckles and tiny hoop buttons. Simply beautiful. I will post pictures as soon as I am able (it's raining today and my camera HATES indoor lighting). Just simply.... wow. I WILL be commisoning her again in the future when she is able for more outfits for my dolls as, despite the postal and time oddness, it was WELL worth the wait! :aheartbea :aheartbea

11. I commissioned Elfkin to make a sailor suit for an MSD-sized boy. The outfit that I received is very cute and detailed, and the materials she used are excellent; furthermore, she was always extremely sweet and pleasant to deal with, and when my commission ran over time, she offered me a free top hat from her collection as an apology. I do not regret commissioning Elfkin. My MSD is wearing the outfit right now--it looks good on him, it is exactly what I asked for, and it fits him well.

Unfortunately, this commission did fall afoul of Elfkin's bout with illness. I hasten to add that I was never jerked around, but the commission did end up taking much longer than originally agreed upon, and in the confusion, the communication between us became spotty; I occasionally had to nudge her for updates, and I didn't receive pictures of my commission until after I actually had the outfit in hand.

The other problem came with shipping. Since a part of the original outfit went missing, Elfkin had to ship items to me on two separate occasions; on both occasions I was informed that the packages were returned to her, requiring her to ship them out again a week later.

I recognize that Elfkin was having issues beyond her control at the time. Unfortunately, said issues did make the transaction a bit uncomfortable on my end--still, I did eventually get what I paid for, and ultimately, that's what matters to me.

12. I had two commissions with Elfkin, a steampunk suit and a shirt and shawl.

During the first commission alot of problems came up, especially regarding delays and communication. Unfortunately this resulted into a paging thread:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/sh...-Paging-Elfkin

Til that point it was always me who had to initate communication, to ask for updates and so. After the paging communication became alot better.
      I received the first outfit, although it had some issues, like covered in cat hair and with some stains on the coat and the pants. Elfkin apologized for that and compensated me with taking over some of the shipping costs for the second commission.

The second commission went along well with communication and time (delays were on my part since I wanted to have something changed). The outfit arrived quickly after it got sent. I didn´t get any pictures of the finished product, just of the the one before the changes. On that photo the shawl looked rectangular, as I wanted it, when I got it it was a huge triangle that looked like a tablecloth cut in half. The skirt is well made, with the exception of the lower seam. I know Elfkin removed the lower lace there (even if I told her to leave it), which left the fabric full of tiny holes along the seam. I wanted a ragged look, but that is not ragged, just untidy. I decided not to pursue this any further cause I am frankly tired of the whole matter.

I am sure that Elfkin is a very good seamstress and makes wonderful outfits, she is always polite and tries to solve problems. It just did not work out very well between her and myself.

13. Excellent Feedback for Elfkin!

Here are a few photos of my beloved Ezra (FL Mnf Karsh) modeling a full outfit (except feather) I commissioned from Elfkin:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Neutral Feedback

I'm leaving neutral feedback for Elfkin. Details can be found in this thread. The work Elfkin did was beautiful, with a lot of attention to detail (jacket lining, working pockets in jacket and trousers, the world's tiniest buttons on the jacket cuffs). I am very pleased with the outfit, and impressed with Elfkin's artistry.

15. WARNING!!!

I commissioned a hat. I waited a long while and was told it was sent off. It never arrived.

I told Elfkin. She said she'd mail out another immediately.

It never arrived.

I thought it unlikely that two packages would go missing. I asked what address she was sending to and received no response.

I hadn't left any feedback, thinking there was some mistake, but since I never got a reply (this was months ago!) and never got my hat, I'm now leaving a warning...

I have never had to leave negative feedback before and I've had LOTS of transactions on DoA... :(