1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

feelings towards hybrids

Jan 9, 2007

?
  1. go for it! greater room for creativity!

2. absolutely not! it's an insult to the artist!

3. i'm indifferent.

4. other.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I think a huge part of this hobby is the ability to change a doll to make it your own. I'm all for hybrid dolls.:D Personally I don't see it as being much different than opening up the eyes on a sleeping head.

2. I have no problems with hybrid dolls! As long as the resin matches, it's great to be able to choose head+body that you like best. ^_^

3. Eh, I don't really care one way or the other. If someone wants to make a hybrid, I don't see why they shouldn't. For myself, I'd probably shy away from hybrids, only because I don't want to deal with resin-matching and head to body ratio issues. ^^;

(I have, however, considered getting a SoulDoll Celestyn head and putting on a SoulDoll female body. Would that be considered a hybrid?)

4. I a making a hybrid~! kid delf head with a dollzone body

5. i don't see how it could possibly be "an insult to the artist", as these dolls were MEAN'T to be customized. Honestly, to me, that's like saying "Omg, i can't believe you used Brand X acrylic on your doll!!!!" U know? i think that when you create a BJD (which is designed to be altered and customized) you can't really be insulted when the buyer does just that. :) But that's my opinion. :)

6. Hybrids are great. I love it. :aheartbea

7. If it looks good and matches, hell yes. I don't hate the idea of hybrids at all. Best of both worlds ^^

8. I put a DIM head on a dollmore body, works for me!!

9. all these responses are amazing!

breaking it down it seems like it really comes down to personal taste, budget, and to a certain extent, the artist in question.

my limho body just arrived to day, and he WILL have a narin head. i'm feeling pretty good about this.

10. I have a luts nanuri head on a Lishe body. Not really a hybrid, but, i did buy a pair of Iplehouse High-heeled feet for her, so that she could wear high-heeled boots. The resin match isn't the greatest, but i figure they aren't going to be seen anyways LOL

11. I have one hybrid, sort of. Kid delf head on MNF body.

I like it when you can choose a body and head even from a different manufacturer, if you do like the dolls head but the body is not into your liking when different manufacturers body looks just perfect to your taste. ^-^ And if the resins matches it is even better. :3 Tough even if they're not perfect match it can still look really nice if you don't mind a bit of a difference. Like them hybrids.

12. I think hybrids are great, to me it's a great expression of artistic choice. I was under the impression that the dolls are supposed to be all about customisation so it makes sense if you want a particular head on a particular body you should have it. I also think hybrids present a great way for people who are shorter on money to have the head mould of their dreams but without the sometimes scary price tag. Plus lets face it there are some simply stunning customs out there!

13. i'm all for hybrids, nevermind i don't own one myself yet. i'm sure i will one day, though. *laughs* i'l just that kind of girl. these dolls were created as pallets for creative expression, for customization, for people to express themselves with, even if only in a private way (for those who don't photograph their dolls much and don't take them out to meets).

so, yay hybrids!

14. Bump!

Does anyone know what heads are likely to work well with the Domuya (F) Flexi body?

I have one coming, but am having a crisis as to what head to get for it. The Domuya heads are pretty, but not exactly calling my name. On the other hand, I'd hate to buy a head for it and discover that it just doesn't work without modding.

I am tentatively looking at Dollmore and Iplehouse, but am open to suggestion, if you know that they (or another company) will work, or won't.

This is not an emergency thing, though it would be nice if it didn't take too long - what I'd really like here is for the head to be 'perfect' :-) So .. I am doing research :-)

tia!

15. I'm not sure--I've not seen one in person. However, does Domuya have the head size of their dolls listed? If so, you could check it against the head size of the Dollmore and Iplehouse dolls and get some idea of scale.

16. I think putting different parts together is okay. The artist knows not everyone will enjoy every single thing on their dolls, so I think they wouldn't mind if people mixed and matched doll parts. Plus, you're putting together your interests of the doll artists that you like the most.

I don't really enjoy the kid delf boy bodies, but I adore the heads and everything else. I like D.O.C's boy bodies, so I'm putting a Hodoo head on a D.O.C boy body. This means I enjoy both artists' creations and I want to put them together to make something I will enjoy having.

I don't think the artist wants you to feel disappointed if you have to get one of their dolls with a part you don't like. If they care about customer satisfaction, I think a doll artist would respect you if you buy one part from them and another part from someone else.

17. I didn't notice, but I'd think that it's the neck opening that would make it physically compatible, no? And the kind of assembly method, of course.

My comments must make it clear that I don't have a problem with hybrids, but maybe I should make that point explicit :-)

I will go and look at the various published dimensions.

Thanks for your very quick reply!

18. i'm indifferent. i don't mind really. people like hybrids they can make them. I would make one if i like the head and not the body tho i usually don't really mind the body all too much. ( i like boys and thin ones so no muscle pac is needed it can be done by blushing and i really don't care how big their package in there)

19. I have a hybrid, my Iplehouse Silvia head Normal Skin tone is on a Domuya Flexigirl body in normal skin tone with some neck modification, I love her to bits and so does my DS Hound;)

20. I have two hybrids, and I do so because the bodies that they normally would come with do not match with my idea of how I'd like them to look.
      I had another hybrid, and I just didn't like her being that way and am trying really hard to get her a body of the same maker as her head.

I can understand from the viewpoint of the artists/sculpters/companies that it would be insulting.