1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Female dolls, big boobs or small?

Jan 15, 2017

1. I do not like big busts so I prefer the smaller side of the spectrum. I like slim female dolls so smaller busts feel more appropriate in terms of body proportions.

2. well, don’t really worry about the bust anyway, I just care about the face.

3. My size preference for dolls is small busts. I feel like it makes them look more natural, and versatile.

4. I prefer small busts because it seems to suit the style that they wear and their personality

5. Smaller busts work for me better than big ones. It's mostly because I prefer boy bodies anyway, and smaller busts are easier with clothes. I also find the sculpting on smaller busts usually more aesthetically pleasing for me. :)

6. I prefer smaller busts for clothing reasons. Big busts also sometimes look a bit too mature for the character of the doll.

7. What I really don’t like is when the breasts are sculpted so that they’re smooshed together to have serious cleavage. In clothes, it’s not so bad and can be very attractive-looking, but when the doll’s clothes come off, it’s a little weird to look at. And then they tend to really exaggerate the size, too, and it looks like it would hurt. o,o

I’d probably opt for a doll with a more natural-looking bust. :XD: The actual size doesn’t really matter, though I suppose it means I’d be more drawn to dolls with smaller busts. The anatomical aesthetic is just as important to me as to what they look like with clothes on, but I could be a little bit weird in that opinion.

8. Small breast because it is nicer in clothing give an elegant feel like expensive magazine photo shoot

I prefer small if the hip is small if the hip is big I prefer the big option to balance it

It depend on the character of the doll also where my preference is not important as matching the character

9. Most of my "adolescent" dolls are on the smaller side. One I chose for her face sculpt is also busty to absurd levels. I dress her in clothes which downplay her chest.

At least one of my "adult" dolls has large breasts, but they're breast shaped rather than semi spheres, and proportional to the rest of her.

10. I think the shape matters more to me. Some sculpts I have seen seem to forget about gravity... so I dont mind if they are larger, as long as they look natural. Those coconut half ones are a nope. They need the right amount of sag, I guess. That being said, I usually go for average or larger. I am not opposed to smaller ones though, it just needs to suit the character of the doll.

11. for me, my females have small busts. I have a dollstown 18yrs girl body and her breasts are perfect for me. As others have mentioned, in a lot of sculpts i have found that the larger boobs look very round and 'artificial' as @lividdarkangel has mentioned above, some seem to forget about gravity.
      however, again, i'm not opposed to companies making these and people owning larger breasted dolls, it is just my personal preference for my own collection.

12. Size is not a concern for me. What matters most in my opinion is if the bust size fits the doll nicely and if it suits the character I have in mind. But if I had to choose it would be something in the middle, not too big, not too small something that looks average if the doll was a human.

13. I prefer smaller busts! Mostly because the characters I have in mind. But I do find larger busts quite nice as well and actually ordered a larger bust than I intended for my MNF. It was totally unexpected but I've been mulling over it for weeks before I finally decided.

14. I'm up for almost any chest size and what I'll actually aim for is completely dictated by the character I'm shelling, but I do prefer the look of a larger chest when the rest of the doll has proportions to match it. Big breast on a very thin doll can look a little awkward, in my opinion.

15. I like the medium size, not too small but not too weird/oversized either. General I prefer one close to the average human version so it look better (in my opinion) when wearing any type of clothes.

16. I actually find super large doll breasts a big turn off XD
      I just think it looks silly on their frame and so I like a small-medium bust range.
      I saw some crazy insane dolls with breasts that looked like watermelons and I just cringed because I can imagine how painful that would be XD

17. I'd probably chose medium, if it's offered.
      As for which one otherwise... it entirely depends on the sculpt. I really dislike large boobs that look like smoothed balloons about to pop, for example... like the largest minifee bust size, the large spiritdoll bust size, etc. so in those circumstances, I might pick the small bust... but if the small bust doesn't look very good either to me, I guess I'd have to pick which one I mind less/which one is more practical.

18. I prefer a small or medium sized bust. I really don’t like big boobs in general lol

19. Most of my mature girls have smaller/medium-sized busts because a lot of them have the same body, but I'd like to branch out more. I want a ridiculously stacked girl even though I might be at a loss when it comes to clothing her.

20. i like smaller busts, because i think it gives a bit more wiggle room in terms of clothes and measurements - and, honestly, i think smaller busts are much cuter than bigger ones! a lot of bigger doll busts tend to look really unnatural to me, so im never very keen on them!