1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Female dolls, big boobs or small?

Jan 15, 2017

1. I prefer smaller bust.

2. It depends on the character I am trying to portray, but I think I prefer the range of small-medium. Actually my first doll is going to be a Xanthe human and one of the reasons I fell in love with her is her tiny and super detailet chest :love She's like me but in doll format!

3. Medium for me. I want some boobage to get nice curves, but a lot of larger busts tend to venture into basketballs-glued-to-the-chest territory which isn't what I'm going for haha. If I can find a reasonable "average" chest size I'm happy! What bugs me is how prominent the nipples often are. It's not like they can wear bras under their clothes so I'll likely be sanding them down when I get my first female sculpt.

4. I like them on the small side, can't really take those big resin boobs serious and personally would not enjoy having a girl with those. Sure, looks fine when dressed, but not for me. Also quite like the trend there is with those near minuscule busts, looks so sweet and more natural to me.

5. I prefer medium overall. I don’t mind large since dolls obviously can’t wear a push-up bra and for some outfits a large bust looks great. Chest size can’t really deter me from a doll so no matter what size it’s not a big deal to me.

6. Medium I think. Medium or even small as a normal doll medium size is very similar to a human E.

7. i don't have any distinctly female dolls (the only girl i have is a pukifee so it hardly counts), but i look at them occasionally, and usually the number one turnoff for me is a large bust. i just don't like how theyre sculpted--they look fake, and sometimes bordering anime waifu type bust; while i'm not after pure realism in a doll, i like for it to be at least believable, and i've yet to see a doll that sports that in a large bust. in fairness, there's a lot of physics involved with how a large bust sits on a person (i'm an illustrator so i have to think about body physics a lot lol), and it's difficult to capture in a static resin sculpt. but, i think i could see better.

so, medium to small bust for me. it's something to keep an eye out for if i ever get a mature female doll.

8. Now I mostly prefer medium to small busts. When I first entered the hobby I liked the bigger busts. But recently I changed my Unoa's bust from the large chestplate to the smaller one. I feel like it's also easier to dress smaller chests.

However if there was a character that called for a larger bust, I would probably buy a doll with one.

9. I personally base the chest size on my character. Or just what the body comes with. I have a girl that's supposed to be tall slender and basically flat chested. Another one is supposed to be an hourglass shapely body. But there's only so many body types actually available. I prefer equal opportunity in the breast department. XD

10. Depends on the character, and also what clothing I plan for the doll. I have one doll whose character is supposed to be rather flat chested, and a floating head that needs a body with the giant unrealistic breasts (because while they don't look realistic, they do look like they were shoved into a corset).

11. Small realistic, don't really understand the appeal of giant round boobs - real breasts don't look like that!

12. I always prefer small to medium because they’re always the fear that the large won’t fit into the clothing or will look strange lol

13. Small and medium also like most here I think. :P

14. Generally I prefer flat chested dolls, the more the better. The non blossom version soom little gem girl bodies are honestly one of my favorites right now.

15. Tiny chests all the way! As far as bust sizes go my favorite in my collection right now is my Triffony Artwork Sphinx, and she is super flat chested.

16. I’m only new to the bjd world but follow quite a few artists and I personally think it depends on the doll that is being created at the time

17. I prefer small bust

18. I have 3 dolls and all of them are females and small.

19. Since I love my dolls super petite, I prefer a smaller bust, but I do plan on getting a large bust doll one day.

20. I like smol chests maybe because I also have almost no chest lol. I wanted a doll chateau Madeleine bc I love her face sculpt, but the body's bust is too big for me so I got me a dc Katherine.