1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Female dolls, big boobs or small?

Jan 15, 2017

1. My dolls have a medium to large bust by default. I think it's because I prefer mature-looking dolls rather than cutesy ones. Thankfully most clothing artists create clothes for minifees with C busts, so it's not too hard to find clothes. I actually have a harder time looking for clothes for my artist dolls because they tend to have booties that don't quit.

2. it depends on the character, I would like to have all shapes.

3. Excluding dependance on characters, I prefer small bust. Big busted doll bodies often look so... innatural and irrelalistic. And it takes a pretty much time and money to make them look more anatomical.
      And it's just easier to find clothes for a doll with small boobs :XD:

4. A while back I ordered a non-bjd with a large bust and at first I was fine with it. Although when it came to dressing her, all of her tops look baggy or too lewd lol. When it came time to order my first bjd I made sure she was a medium bust. I know she will look great in her clothes.

5. It really depends on the doll, though I do tend towards smaller rather than larger. I like a more natural looking bust.

6. It depends on the doll, and the character I want to shell. I currently have plans for dolls with a variety of bust sizes, because I would like some variety in the body shape of the dolls that I have. In general, I favour smaller busts because they tend to be less unnatural looking. Sometimes, the larger sculpts go beyond just being about large boobs, and sneak into the territory of fetish-y or awkward (eg: some of the larger busts that have "corset" sculpting that put them in permanent push-up cleavage are a bit limiting and weird looking).

7. I prefer natural looking busts so it really depends on the bust, but generally that means I like the smaller busts more. A lot of the bigger busts are just so... gravity defying. Unnatural looking, as many folks have already said. That being said, when I see a well shaped larger bust I instantly want that more than the smaller bust.

8. It entirely depends on the doll, but based on my purchase habits, I'd say that I favor a smaller bust over a larger bust.

9. I have both at the moment but I prefer smaller chested dolls, they look nicer I think. The big dolls are too big, sometimes near the size of their head which I find silly.

10. It’s depend on doll. I’d prefer smaller better than large... but some dolls looks better with big ))

11. I like MSDs with a small chest, but I like SD sizes to have a medium sized chest. Sometimes I like the large chests, like on a Minifee, but with almost any other doll I would choose a small chest.

12. I personally prefer dolls with small chests, the smaller the better. I'm not super into traditionally feminine-looking dolls, I like my girls to be a bit androgynous, and a flat chest helps with that. If I ever were to get a doll with a big bust, I'd want her to have a larger body in general, skinny bodies with big boobs just isn't appealing to me, I'm not sure why.

13. I have both. Big is pretty, but sometimes hard to fit in outfits.

14. It depends on the doll for me. I have one that I want a super duper small bust for and some that I'm fine with a large bust. I guess I prefer medium for most? I just wish that companies all offered bust options.

15. I know it’s so they’ll look good in clothing but I really don’t like that push-up bra look ok female dolls so I’ve always preferred the smaller size

16. I prefer the smaller chests. The large ones are not attractive to me and look painful. Even medium size is pushing it for most if not all of the characters I have.

17. Depends on the look I'm going for. And the sculpt (some heads look odd on a body with a small or large bust).

Typically if I want a more "youthful" look, I'll go with a body with a small chest but if I want a doll to look more "adult-ish" then I tend to gravitate to the larger chested bodies.

18. I think the really large busts look unnatural to me. I've seen more softly sculpted smaller busts. Plus, it's harder to make clothes fit larger bsusts because they're not squishy like a real chest.

19. It’s depend on doll and company. But personally I prefer large or medium busts dolls ^^

20. I feel like it depends on my character that I’m shelling. For my girl Lauren, I’d prefer a smaller chest. Where as Jodie and Josie would be a more medium sized chest. I can’t ever seeing myself owning a doll with some of the more unrealistic anime size chests. Those look like they’d be hard to dress to be quite honest. Maybe if I accidentally wrote a character where that would be fitting, I’d change my stance.

EDIT: I just remembered that at a local doll meet someone I met had a doll with a small chest and she’d made her a larger chest out of a squishy material that fit over her torso like a sleeve and it was actually acceptable looking and since it was squishy it was easier to convincingly dress than a hard resin large chest might be.