1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Female dolls, big boobs or small?

Jan 15, 2017

1. It truly comes down to the character, But I know I'm not a fan of humongous bazingas lol. I like to create my doll characters with archetypes, so if I wanted a caring/motherly and more feminine character I'd go with a larger bust and curvier sculpt. As for my warrior girl, she's smaller in the chest.

2. I would prefer a female with smaller breasts. In my opinion the large breast look...ridiculous..maybe it’s because I’m not attracted to breast I think this way :XD:but I’ve seen some characters with big breast I really like. But most of the time I prefer small breast.

3. I prefer small breasts, and it’s a dealbreaker for me when deciding on sculpts I like.

4. Smaller chests are my preference, if mostly for fitting them into clothes.

5. I don't have many female dolls. Currently my count of female dolls is 1 MSD and 2 YoSDs. The YoSDs have the gender neutral type body so they don't really count. But my 1 MSD I bought in stock and so I just had to accept the size but I can't remember if Little Monica has other bust sizes.
      I think I prefer a smaller bust size. There was a doll I got intimidated by due to her bust size o.o
      I don't think I'd mind a larger bust size but when it seems a bit too large, then I'd probably not go for it.

6. I prefer smaller busts, they're just more aesthetically pleasing to me!

7. I love Fairyland full bust bodies and I'll be switching all my minifee's over to them ^^

8. Depends on the sculpt. Some companies do big-breasted dolls fairly well, but I really dislike the types of bodies where the breasts look like they're just stuck on half-melons.
      Generally for my MSDs I prefer the smaller breasts, though. I don't have any SD girls yet, so again, it would depend on the sculpt I finally decide on. IF I ever get a girl. (My sixth SD boy is coming in...)

9. Aestetically I like both small breasts and large ones, but not too huge. When I choose a certain type I just stick to the character's appearance (for me the character always goes first and only then I choose the doll).

10. I generally like smaller busts, because like Fairy says, so many 'large' breasts are unnatural spheres glued on to the torso, and not natural-looking at all. To me it's not the size that makes them unappealing it's the unnatural shape that turns me off.

I also just think small busts are simply cuter.

11. I definitely think having huge boobs IRL has biased me against big-chested dolls. The huge, round, gravity-defying globes on so many dolls is a total deal breaker for me most of the time. They look obscene, almost. I wish more companies offered small breasts or even flat chests. I know some do, but I wish it was more. I'm considering a m-to-f mod for my next doll because the character's breasts are just smaller than anything I've seen on a non-childish body.

12. I prefer big boobs because I don’t like flat chested dolls.They look boyish to me and look too young to be the age I want them to be.

My first girl is going to get the large bust body because her character has big boobs. I can’t work with flat chested dolls, it’s just not my thing.:sigh:sigh:sigh

13. I much prefer smaller busts for my dolls but I do have a few in my collection who are overly exaggerated in that area, due to them being purchased as full limited default sets (the head sculpts and resin colours won me over).

14. Small/flat, it looks so cute

15. I like to have variety for the same doll when possible. Currently, I only have multiple bust parts for one doll. The other two mature ladies look balanced too me, and clothes seem to fit just fine. Neither of them would ever be in night club type clothes since one is a 17 you serious student and the other is an expecting mother. Just me, I think all bust sizes are good and don't have a strong preference for my dolls, it's more about being able to dress them with minimal fuss and on a small budget.

16. I have a range of breast sizes in my collection. To me, the size of a dolls chest is related to the character I want her to be. An example of this is my DD Snow Miku, Miku basically has a flat chest, so my Miku doll will never have anything but a small bust. I also have bjds that are more mature and such that have larger chests. All in all I really do not have a 'preference', I just buy what I want a specific character to have.

17. I prefer small, as they're easier for sewing. But when it comes to SD dolls, I can accept even bigger. yet with msds... no way ;)

18. I always go for small busts because finding/making clothes is easier AND they look better in clothes, imo. I have a Souldoll MSD girl and her bust is GIGANTIC for some reason and in most things, her boobs pull up the front of the dress weirdly so she usually runs around in one pink dress.

19. I prefer small to medium bust size. The large busts often look unnatural, like balloons. Just not into that aesthetic.