1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Female dolls, big boobs or small?

Jan 15, 2017

1. I have had several bodies for the same girl and I tend to gravitate to medium/big-sized boobs except when it becomes a pain to find clothing for them.

2. Depending on how big their bust is, it can be slightly hard to get certain clothes on.

I personally prefer the look of small/flat chested girls (both in humans and dolls). I am okay with medium if that's the only option (which is the case of my girl).

But honestly, it also depends on the character. I might want to shell one of my girls who has a larger bust, so I will definitely be going for it if I ever decide to get her as a doll.

It's all narrowed down to personal preference.

3. Large boobs:

Small boobs:

So medium all the way! :)

Well not really. I have a 2XL tiddy monster, a pair of mediums, a flat and a boyflat. The bust size suits the character the body is fitted with. :p

4. Depends on OC... my first girl is pretty average (?), but my new twins both have different sizes, one has the regular bust and the other has the large XD

5. I appreciate all sizes of doll breasts (lol), so it totally depends on the character for me. I do think that dolls who fall in the middle of the boob spectrum are much easier to dress though. Clothes can be somewhat baggy on my MNF who has a small bust, and it can be difficult to find things that fit girls with large breasts.

6. Medium.

Enough to have a bit of shape under clothes, but not giant watermelons.

The XL bust sizes look a bit silly I think. They are disproportionate, hard to find clothes for, and when naked the "invisible bra" is really weird. Plus I kinda feel sorry for the girls having to carry that extra weight on their neck/shoulders.

7. I prefer small - medium; they look a lot more natural and pleasing to me.

8. It really depends on:

A) The doll's character. Depending on what theme I'm going for some body types work better~

B) If the breasts look more "natural" vs more phony. While I can appreciate bigger boobs... if they're like two balloons just stuck to the chest I can't really get over it. Push-up bras suck and I don't need my doll to be permanently stuck in that torture.

And

C) If the proportion of the breasts match the rest of the body. I generally like more healthy figures anyway, or at least ones that aren't purposefully sexualized beyond any sort of reality.

I agree with the sentiment that no one wants to think about their dolls suffering, and the very thought that proportions alone can cause a lot of pain leaves a lot to be considered.

9. Medium, usually.

It depends on the doll's face sculpt and on the character I'm shelling. For athletic OCs with lean faces, I prefer medium busts. Large breasts might be better for a doll with a softer, curvier face. They need to look realistic, though. Personally I don't care for the very large glamour busts.

#29 operadoll, Jan 16, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    10. My question is, which do you prefer? Big boobs or small boobs? What is your preference and why?

I like a variety of breast sizes--it really depends on how I see the character--curvy, pear-shaped, tall and thin, etc. My Souldoll Yu had a very small chest, because she's supposed to be a bit ethereal and spindly, but small. My Simply Divine Harlequin also is very small-chested, but with a stereotyped breast shape of someone who's gone through gender reassignment (a good portion are wide-rooted and shallow). My MSD Riz also has smaller breasts, because she's just starting puberty.

My LLT Roderich has a medium-sized chest in appearance, although she actually has a rather large cup size (cup side is relative to band measurement, so high numbers--I think she'd be a UK HH or J--don't necessarily mean huge boobs).

My Amanda Beauty has huge boobs. She's meant to be rather curvy as a contrast to her more severe mechanical parts and serious personality. She has some internalized misogyny issues, and as a result, sort of distances herself from femininity, so it adds a nice contrast that she's so curvy.

I used to hate my boobs as a young adult, but now, thanks to learning my proper bra size, they no longer hurt my back and are kind of fun, rather being a pain--I'm actually probably a similar bra size to my LLT Roderich.

#30 americanseamstress, Jan 16, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    11. I own a variety. My Doll Chateau Queena has very small, almost flat breasts. My Minifee RFA and LoongSoul Michelle are medium. My Iplehouse Erica has the huge glamour bust. The April Story Rebecca I have ordered is on the Junior body which has a mall chest.

Clearly, I like different types, and it really depends on the character. I like slender girls, I like curvy girls, I like in between girls. I just want them to be proportionate--for example, if her bust is smaller than her thigh like some artist dolls, that's a big no for me.

12. I don't have any mature female bodies yet, but I have shopped for them. The most striking example I've seen of the difference in sizes has been...who else? The MiniFee busts! I think the largest bust looks comically fake, like someone just took two rolls of resin and pasted them to the doll's chest. When I shop I usually am drawn to one of the two middle sizes, either B or C. I think those will be the most likely to fit and fill out the dresses I've got. Cutie would be too small, and Full, in addition to looking fake, would probably bust out of the cute little corset I've got.

13. I prefer small, and no bigger than medium. Especially since many big busts tend to go for the balloon look. Also, I like androgyny. If I had an idea for a busty doll I would, but so far I haven't had any.

14. I prefer small boobs.

My ideal woman is pretty washboard.

15. It depends on the sculpt. Normally, I prefer medium/big boobs, but on some sculpts smaller boobs look better.

16. Small. I prefer my dolls to be pretty androgynous. Also a lot of the larger chests are rather unrealistic or far too large in proportion to her body. I can see going for a medium chest at some point if I get some more mature dolls in the future, because I would like to design clothing for that silhouette.

17. Personally, I prefer smaller busts on dolls solely for the fact that it's more aesthetically pleasing to me when they're wearing clothes. I am particularly fond of dolls with very small chests and wider hips.

18. I prefer medium or small myself. Seems companies love to offer bigger and bigger boobies, but so few offer smaller options. The Delf girls I started with are about as big I would want to go for my dolls.

19. I perfer a small bust or a very flat chest because finding clothing for a larger bust is pretty hard :)

20. I prefer a medium to small chest of my dolls although I can appreciate large to out of this world doll chest size.
      (I would love to see a chubby anime bjd with large breasts!)