1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Female dolls, big boobs or small?

Jan 15, 2017

1. I personally tend to lean more towards the curvier dolls. I like putting them in things like corsets and such. I’m designing my own dolls in 3d now. And I have been making it a point to make small, medium and large bust versions on my dolls.

2. I personally like smaller chests, but my biggest opinion is how much i just HATE SCULPTED NIPPLES!

3. I feel like they always turn out weird. Or they’re so pronounced that they poke through everything like nails. Lol. Some of them remind me of the Fembots in Austin Powers. Lol

4. Thank you!!! It just looks so awkward with a lot of clothing materials. My girls are always freezing I guess, lol.

5. Or they are fembots about to kill you in your sleep lol

6. On the larger side of medium, I guess. I don’t want gigantically huge or flat nothingness. I prefer curves of some variety. When I was deciding on which body to order I decided on type 2 because the boobs were neither huge nor too small. Lol

7. I love big hips with small chests! The biggest problem for me is that a lot of larger chested dolls are really strangely fake looking (I'm looking at you, minifee busts) and the aesthetic doesn't really appeal to me.

8. 100% valid and im 100% willing to die by their hands, lmao!

9. I like my girl dolls to be as feminine as possible so I always choose the largest size bust. The bigger the better is what I believe!!! There are some custom bust pieces you can buy on Yahoo Japan Auctions that make the glamour bust on the Dollmore model girls, and the large bust option on the 69 cm Loongsoul girls look small.

#389 blackdahlia, May 15, 2019
      Last edited: May 15, 2019
    10. I like them as they are in real life; I want to own all kinds of sizes so that my girls look diverse and personalized. I don't like too large balloon-ish boobs, but otherwise I'm up for all kinds of bust sizes and shapes on dolls. I am opting for buying a few female dolls now, and I plan my first is Iplehouse medium size and the next one is small. I find it more important that the breast is "natural" shape, so that they look like gravity has an effect on them, and I like if the nipples are sculpted in a detailed manner. It seems, however, that artist doll bodies are the best options who have smaller, more cone-shaped breasts, many companies just prefer two football-shaped bumps.

11. Depends on the face sculpt I suppose, I'd just go with what looks realistic and fitting to me.

12. I love child-like bodies like volks sd10.

13. I like medium or big. But not too big that looks disproportional

14. I really like curvy, mature dolls but I buy small, slim dolls. It's easier to find clothing that fits, just like real life.

15. I like the dolls to have a smaller chest. Too large, and they look inappropriate to me, and my niece likes to help me dress my dolls and I don't want her to see that. Smaller chests also make it easier to make them clothes, as you don't have to make darts if you are lucky!

16. i like small-small medium personally but thats mostly because i consider my Chiru (pfp) to go by She/they so it gives her the option to appear more masculine or androgynous if she wants to!

17. Small. I wouldn't mind larger breasts, it's just that the people who sculpt big busts don't seem to have ever seen any. They usually look silly to me. The smaller ones look more realistic.

18. Typically I like my dolls to have smaller busts. The reason I like small busts is that I find it much easier to dress the doll with a smaller bust. I also really love how the smaller bust typically looks in clothes.

19. I'm currently waiting on my first dolls but I'm definitely drawn to smaller-chested dolls, maybe because my doll collection has started off with OT monster highs and pullips who have small chests, so I'm used to it.

Been reading through this thread and I also like the points about smaller chests fitting into clothes better. Personally I don't like to sew very much, so I don't want to worry too much about clothes.

Also many of the busty dolls seem a little too busty for me - I don't like the permanent push-up/plastic surgery look nearly as much as the smaller busts. Nothing wrong with the large bust look at all though, and I'm sure I'll own a busty doll someday because I like to diversify my dolls in skintones and body shapes where I can, so there's gotta be at least one busty girl in the long run :XD:

20. I prefer smaller ones as long as the doll is slim or skinny. As mentioned above, the bigger ones look like they're in a push-up bra, which is fine if your doll is fully dressed but which I think looks very strange in lingerie or when nude.
      And if we're being completely honest, I prefer dolls that look more like me in these regards.