1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Female dolls, big boobs or small?

Jan 15, 2017

1. I'm considering getting a small/flat bust, because for costumes you can always use padding and shaping to change what a person's proportions look like. With humans, you can smoosh your soft bits around into where you need them. dolls, not so much. I'm wondering if a flat chested doll would offer more versatility to be able to have different silhouettes and apparent bust sizes/positions.

(Obvs, this will not work well if the goal is to make semi-dressed or lingerie looks. But assuming you're ok for the doll to stay covered up and not do cleaveagey looks(

2. It’s probably the same for me, tbh.

3. I'm super stacked in the chest (85 L eur) and always go for the biggest bust option available. I dont go hunting for "balloon" busts if they are not an available option, as I don't have interest to hybrid my dolls, but whatever is the biggest bust option I will take.

I guess it's because I can relate better to my dolls, and all my OC's have big busts too propably because of that:sweat.

4. Said it better than I could ever have lol

5. Both of them . Sometimes small , sometimes medium and sometimes large .

6. Tiny boobs!!! Having owned both a gigantic bust Minifee and one with the smallest size, I definitely can say given the choice I will probably never get one with the big boobs again. I feel like for me personally (specifically the balloon kind) they end up looking p*rn-y, at least I seem to be incapable of styling them otherwise. I ended up giving my big breasted Minifee to my sister because I just really, really didn't like how hard it was to style her. I like how the smaller chested ones can share clothing staples like collared shirts with the boys pretty easily.
      I wouldn't be against getting one with a large bust if the shape was very natural, but I definitely would be deterred from buying a doll if it had the big balloon boobs. I think Iplehouse dolls have pretty busts regardless of the size, though I prefer the more stylized bodies of other brands which tend to come with the crazier boob shapes.

7. I have really big boobs myself, and knowing how uncomfortable it is, and how difficult it was being a teenager in school with big boobs, and all the harassment from the other kids, I am not a fan.
      I do have one girl who has a large bust, and that is a Soom body I'm hybriding with my Bobobie Rui head. To me she looks unnatural, like she has big implants. I wouldn't mind if they were more naturally shaped and not so "perky". Also her permanently erect nipples bug me. When I look at my doll, all I see are those darn nips.
      Other than that, I like the body for Rui and will probably keep it until I can afford a different body for her.

8. I have small boobs, so I think that mirrors in my dolls as both my msd's have small boobs xD At the same time though I went with small for practical reasons, as I want my girls to be able to fit into msd-sized clothing with little to no issue.

9. I guess it depends a bit on the doll. My dollshe Diana hasn't got huge boobs. My SaratoriaJ doll has like medium boobs. But I got a body from Doll Family H - and it's just like holy ta-tas Batman! This doll would make Dolly Parton look flat chested.

10. My 1 current doll (a Lingerie III Lisa Rubik from Dollmore) definitely has some of the larger breasts I've seen on a doll. But it doesn't really look that out of place on her. I think I prefer the larger busts to the smaller ones, they just look... better. Makes the doll look more like an adult? The doll I just ordered from Impldoll should have the larger bust size, too, but that's mostly in keeping with the character.

11. I have a range of bust sizes in my collection, but overall I tend to like the smaller ones better. They generally end up being sculpted in more natural shapes whereas the larger ones I have always seem to be sculpted in balloon-y, cartoonish, implant-looking shapes. But the foremost reason I like the smaller busts is because I love sewing for dolls. Sewing clothes that have to fit over a rigid resin bust instead of actual squishable flesh is already kind of a pain and my least favorite part...trying to fit patterns for clothing that's even remotely tailored around enormous rock hard balloon boobs is literally the bane of my doll sewing existence. My two favorite girl bodies to sew tops or fitted dresses for are my Iple NYID and my Angel of Dream girl-- both with the smallest bust option available.

12. I think it depends on the character....

Like I couldnt imagine Full Alchemist Lust with tiny tat-tats, but the lil mermaid would look aweful with huge ones.

13. I prefer small boobs just for the general look but if I felt it would fit the overall vibe of the doll better I would get big boobs. It also really depends on how the company sculpts them, as long as they aren’t too round I would not be opposed to big boobs. But for now my girls are all part of the itty bitty titty committee!

14. Smaller are easier to fit when you sew. The boobs are not malleable like human flesh so it makes it much harder(pun intended) to fit.

15. 'Small' busts on SD bodies would mostly be considered a medium on a human woman, and it only goes up from there. I prefer the smallest busts possible for most of my girls, though a couple have 'mediums' - which again, in human scale would probably be a F or G or something.

16. Personally, I prefer small or medium size busts. I only have one with a large chest, and it's only because that character has a large chest. The rest are small-chested.

17. Depends on the character I'm shelling, also depends on the boobs. Thus far I have resculpted one set because the original ones were in that pushup bra shape? Which I am not particularly fond of in sculpting.

Related: nipples. I find the prevalence of pushup bra sculpting funny when paired with these super perky nipples that... well, if they were that perky, they'd be neutralized by said pushup bra in real life.

Just an interesting choice.

18. I definitely prefer small breasts - they kinda make it easier for me to relate to the dolls (although even small doll breasts usually seem bigger than mine) and they look good both clothed and naked, whereas large breasts look unnatural without a bra that pretends to hold them.

Same here (I would actually like to have a couple of dolls with larger busts, but...)

19. I prefer smaller breasts aesthetically in general, so most of my OCs have smaller busts. I think part of the reason why I don't like larger busts on dolls is because, in my opinion, they tend to look unrealistic. However, if I want to shell a character with larger breasts then I'll go with doll that has a larger bust. There's not much to it other than that!

20. Both. I love my two willowy girls with barely-there chests and hips, and I also love my very voluptuous woman with quite more on these areas.

Small boobs are easier to dress. Big chest looks way better in some outfits. But often, the bigger bodies aren't very beautiful to me, I only ever found one I like.

But I dislike gag boobs. I also am less fond of small chest / wide hips or big chest/small hips. I prefer either an hourglass or an I-shape, rather than a pear or apple-shaped body.