1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Female dolls, big boobs or small?

Jan 15, 2017

1. To be honest I think size is not the point but the shape? Some smaller or bigger beast are aesthetically prettier than the other, and I will choose based on that Xp

2. Personally I do not care but some companies do not know how female breasts work!

3. Usually I prefer small/flat chest. I have currently only two dolls with fuller chest (a minifee and an Angel of Dream). the minifee's chest is very nice so no regrets, but the AOD one, the second biggest one their offer is... a little off to me. I think the breasts are a tiny bit too high on her chest, and combined with pretty pointy nipples, I tend to feel annoyed at her boobs. I'd have made different choices if I could have known...

4. I have girls with boobs of all sizes and the small boobs are my favorite.

This strawberry dress I see it mostly on DDs with gigantic boobs so I bought it for my big boob DD but I think my SD girl looks adorable with it so now it is hers

[​IMG]

5. Big, but not too big. Prob MNF glamour over full. The smaller ones annoy me when they have pointed nips, it looks a little strange to me. I do think I found my favorite type: YoSD height, but with medium breasts, enough to make it clear its not a child-like doll. I wish more companies would come out with bodies like that!

6. Medium! I don’t like them too small or too big. For example, I like Fairyland’s large bust and small bust, but not the cutie or full busts.

7. Depends on the look of the doll I'm going for, but I prefer the larger bust on my ladies. :3

8. THIS!! I can't stand the fake round melon look, whether they're smaller or larger. I prefer a more natural shape, and so I base it more off of how it looks than the size.

9. Echoing what a lot of others are saying, the shape is what makes or breaks it for me. I care a lot about doll body aesthetics so if a doll body doesn't appeal to me, I can't ignore it even if it's hidden by clothes :sweat

I've noticed when looking at bodies, I tend to gravitate towards the medium and smaller chests, and it's interesting because I feel like I would enjoy a doll with fuller ones, but it's just so many sculpts look a little wacky - with boobs ignoring gravity and all that.

I understand why they're sculpted like that, positioned like the doll is already wearing a pushup bra. It may be easier to design and sculpt and clothe the doll that way, so I don't blame the artists, but it would be interesting to see more dolls with large busts sculpted on the body in a more gravity adhering manner lol it could look really nice, I think, especially on a doll who wears flowy, goddess-y clothes!

10. I enjoy both! When I'm shelling a character it really depends on what suits her best. I don't think I would like having all my girls having the same sized bust, and I think there are clothes around that can make both look really great!

11. Small! Maybe it's because I'm a flat-chested lady IRL and I relate to them more hahaha. But honestly, I just like the way clothes fit them better and how they read more as children, if that makes sense. Those huge gravity-defying melon boobs I see on some dolls seem like something made for the male gaze.

12. Most of my girls have a smaller to medium sized bust because a lot of the clothes that I have them in look very odd on a bigger chest size or makes the overall look more sexualized then I'm intending. I find it's also easier to get clothes to fit on my dolls with that range since my one doll with a bigger bust always has a hard time with tops*_*

13. Preference would be for small. But could be convinced if the shape was pleasing to eyeballs.

I only have the one girl doll and her boobs look in proportion to her. Which is important to me.

14. Shes very cute in that dress :3nodding:

15. For me it depends on the character! I like a variety of large, small, and medium bust sizes, but I will say proportions are also important. Some dolls look like they have unnaturally large breast for the dolls frame, or they're positioned too high up on the body.

16. I totally agree! I feel like the cutie bust is just too small, and the full is just too much.

17. Or it looks like they're always wearing a push-up bra! It's just hard to replicate the way boobs sit in hard resin. I'm surprised there hasn't already been a company selling chest parts made of a softer silicone or vinyl yet

18. Oooh that's an interesting idea!

19. I have some of both. Really it's more about what fits for the character as all my dolls have names, back stories, etc.

20. As a proud member of the itty-bitty appreciation commi- cough
      Also as someone with persistent chest dysphoria
      I like em small:XD:

But I really appreciate companies that offer a range of options so everyone can pick to their preference.
      Angel Philia still has me the most impressed with their variety. I just wish they'd branch out into chunkier bodies too, they're already vinyl so they've the most capability to do so.