1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Female dolls, big boobs or small?

Jan 15, 2017

1. I have only one body with a smaller chest, and the rest are large. I don't like the HUGE ones where it looks like beachballs on the chest lol, but the normal looking large ones I'm fine with. I do prefer the smaller though for the most part, and I find myself wishing I could find the chest pieces to restring and replace some of my other ones. I know for any future doll purchases though that I would definitely go for the smaller chest size, since I like it better.

2. I personally like medium because when it's too small it kind of seems like the doll has no chest (and that's fine for certain characters), but when its too big, it's much harder to find and buy clothes second hand.

3. I like variety, so I try to stay true to my characters and have a variety of bust sizes.
      I tend to like the smaller ones better, aesthetically, but I also find some clothing won't fit too well on a small bust. :(

4. I pick large the most as many of the dolls are a bit hippy/pear shaped already and it is a better balance to me. I have one doll where I chose small as works with her sculpt. And I have a few mediums as needed for specific outfits.

5. Really interesting to read other people's thoughts on this, I've been wondering how people felt.
      I'm kind of picky when it comes to doll busts, and it's silly because they'll likely be dressed most of the time... but I just can't stand the gravity-defying half-sphere boobs. Especially when there's a massive gap between them.
      So, big or small? I really don't care. There's room for all sorts. But they have to look nice. Even if you can't see them under clothes. Lol.

6. I have dolls with small, medium and large. I prefer medium. I had to laugh at myself one day, I found myself telling a friend," I could never get rid of my Elfdoll Soah, her breasts are perfect! " Apparently she thinks so too, as everytime I get her out to play with I dress her carefully, making sure her clothes are tidy and her breasts aren't exposed, eventually I sit her down, come back a few minutes later and there they are, exposed again. How it happens I have no idea.

7. I think it depends on characters, but I prefer small to medium. It's easier to make clothes for that size.

8. I tend to like smaller or medium-sized breasts on my girl dolls. I like a more flat chest for either tomboys, young-looking girls, or really slim, delicate types. Honestly, the 'average' size for dolls are pretty large and a good size for human beings.

The thing I hate about most large breasts is that human people don't have that kind of fat distribution. They don't have those impossibly thin waists and average to bony butts in combination with these huge balloon breasts. The unnatural appearance of it just tosses me. If they had matching bodies, and I don't mean necessarily just 'fat' dolls, but even just a doll with thicker limbs and and overall more voluptuous build to match the breasts, I'd like that and be interested. I think a 'balanced' and believable look is a lot more attractive than something that looks alien and fake to me, when it comes to bodies.

9. In theory I would say it doesn't really matter to me and it depends more on the character I'm shelling- but in practice I'm not sure. I actually just ordered my first doll body with a large chest so we'll have to see when it arrives I guess.

Aesthetically I like the looks of everything from flat to large just because they all seem so different and fun to work with.

10. I like medium to small bust. I feel that the look they give is more natural and mostly, more elegant than big breasts

11. I prefer smaller ones. For dolls specifically I find them more realistic/versatile.
      When a doll has large breasts they're usually sculpted like they're in a push-up bra, so if you want to pose your doll naked it looks really odd.
      Smaller breasts can look roughly the same in and out of a bra, so you have options with how you dress your doll! It's also easier to find shirts that fit! :lol:

12. I enjoy them flat-chested most of the time.. nothing unrealistic. Like sahoma said it'll look more natural in some clothes than with the larger push-up-y ones.

13. For me; depends on the character but I do like looking at females dolls and admiring them. Whichever size they are.

14. Smaller the better in my opinion, I sew all my dolls clothes and it is very hard to make a top or dress to accomadate a huge bust without it looking silly.

15. For the young girls a flat chest but for a grown woman I would want giant balloon boobs. My own boobs are 36GG so something even more pronounced would be perfect for my tastes.

16. Definitely depends on the character and body type. I think I usually go for smaller, I feel it's easier in some way to dress them and to be honest, it looks more natural. I do have one doll I'd consider to have a large chest and she is heavy!

17. Really depends on the character for me, and the aesthetic of the body. I hate those balloon boobs on Dollfie Dreams and a large amount of other dolls... the ones that look like they defy gravity. If I get a doll with big boobs I want them to look a little more realistic. Surprisingly, the nicest/most realistic looking big boobies I've seen on dolls were a pair on one of Angel Philia's option torsos. AP does make a lot of those hilarious balloon busts but they have one torso where the boobs actually kinda... for lack of a better word... sag a bit :lol: it also has some little chub rolls between the boob and armpit. I know it's gonna sound really weird but I LOVE IT.
      Anyway I get sidetracked but my actual opinion is that I like to have a variety of dolls (in gender, body type, race/skintone, sexuality etc) so it just depends on the character!

18. I prefer small busted girls when I'm deciding on a doll. (I only have one girl in the works right now but I do plan on ordering at least one more)
      Being the person who is going to be sewing all the clothes for my dolls, making outfits for small or flat chests is way easier than for very busty ones. And I am very lazy. I'd rather just adjust one of the patterns for my boys than have to make a whole new one. ;)

19. I prefer the look of a small or medium bust (with a few exceptions depending on character) both cause of the closer realism but also cause I am dead tired of how female busts are portrayed in media overall (mostly thinking animation and games).

20. For me it depends on the doll/character, since I'm the type to plan that ahead of time, even though I often tend to lean towards a larger bust myself.