1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Female dolls, big boobs or small?

Jan 15, 2017

1. Small boobers, I think they look better in clothes and look more elegant on the form of a doll

2. Small to medium, the over-exaggerated balloon boobs just don't work for me.

3. I like the aesthetics of medium natural to the sculpt looking busts.

4. Generally, I like them reasonably large but not so big that they look unnatural or grotesque. Of course, I realize that's vague, and everyone has their own opinion as to how much is too much.

Smaller breasts are definitely better for clothing, however.

5. For me, it really depends on what the busts actually look like! There's some larger sized chests that I really DON'T like because of how fake and helium-filled they look... *_* The same goes for smaller busts that don't quite look like they're sitting in the right spots...
      As a general rule, I float toward a medium sized bust rather than large or small...

6. If the option was there, I would most likely choose a medium/"average" sized bust.

It would mostly depend on the character the doll was portraying. A more persuasive character - to me - would most likely be rather well-endowed, while a young character would of course be nearly flat-chested. I have been "blessed" with a small size myself, so I'm not very adjusted to seeing larger breasts anyway!

#87 Yuna264, Mar 11, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    7. I like the larger breasts on female dolls. In fact I think the bigger the better. I love the custom enormous breasts that you can buy on Yahoo Japan Auctions.

8. It really depends on the character and what type of clothes they would wear. If they're younger or wear baggier clothes then smaller breasts. If they're more mature or wear tighter clothes than bigger breast.

9. smallll boobs are cute!

10. Generally on the smaller side (SID small bust = <3), but it depends on whatever character I'm trying to envision.

11. I prefer smaller or medium breasted ladies but I wouldn't mind having a couple with larger busts. I strongly dislike absurdly large, balloony breasts though.

12. I don't really like large bust especially for MSDs. I prefer small to medium for MSD and for SDs, I prefer them with medium size to the lower range of large. BIG bust is just not my style.

13. I like the smaller chests. If I order a doll new, I always get a Small or Medium chest. Any of my large chested gals are ones I got second hand so didn't have the option.
      I have and HID Bella by Iplehouse and got her the modified small chest. She is by far my flattest gal and I absolutely love it. I have her dressed in a spaghetti strap sun dress and it lays perfectly over her small chest.

14. I'm right with you-- mine are such a hassle to deal with, I much prefer a smaller bust. I like the flexiblity-- a girl with a small bust could look mature or more childlike, depending on what felt right for the character/looked cuter, and she could also pull off more androgynous looks (and be more able to borrow shirts from my boys!)...

But, I did fall in love with one girl with a much larger bust, who will likely wind up being my second girl. So I guess never say never. Even if she'll never be able to share clothing with any of my other dolls.

15. I prefer smaller chests on my female dolls. I have a large chest and it can be annoying to find clothes that fit, so I'm not dealing with it on my dolls, too. ;) Plus, I don't like exaggerated breasts on dolls with younger faces, and I tend to like younger-looking dolls.

16. I can not forget Loongsoul girls big breasts :ablink: I want one doll with such big parts.
      I like breasts, that look anatomically correct, too. It does not matter are they small or big, if the niple is in the wrong place, I won't buy the body.

17. I definitely agree with the people who say it's more about shape. Any size can look really great, or terrible. It definitely plays a big role in shaping a character, and matching clothes to the body is key.

Remains to see how much trouble I have clothing my rather busty Evelynn... But I know she'll look very striking in the right outfits.

18. A lot of my female characters are apart of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee, so I'd say I prefer female dolls with small busts. (:
      I only own one female doll right now and she has the small bust option, and if I get anymore in the future they'll also have the medium or small option.

I'm not too keen on the balloon-ish anime boob that a lot of large bust options resemble.

19. I tend to be flexible with my aesthetic choices so if a company has options for different sizes, I'm open to buying whichever one looks best to me. So my female dolls all have varying sizes of boobage, although the most predominant seem to be medium.