1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Female dolls, big boobs or small?

Jan 15, 2017

1. Tend to like smaller to medium due to proportion issues (not into dolls looking too top heavy for some reason. They look like their boobs might make them fall over!). However, I would be interested in a full figured girl if she had equally large butt and thighs to match her big boobs and balance her out.

2. I prefer small bobs

3. I like medium sized. Enough to be shapely, but not really interfere with clothing. One of my favorite bodies is the Switch 57 girl with a D cup, though, so your mileage may vary. ^^;

4. Small to medium! I think I would like the larger busts if they had a slightly different shape?;; Usually they're a little too perfectly round and high on the chest for my tastes.

5. Since so many of my future dolls depend of an OC, it's dependent on which OC I'm working on~ My first doll will be a small bust, almost non-existent. Though if you are thinking from a design stance, I think a medium or large bust is nicer, since it gives the shape a nice curve lol

6. I like having the full range.

7. I don't know why but I always got weirded out by big breasts on a doll. Like the anti-gravity ones of Fairyland. I don't know, I think small ones are way cuter and less "weird" I guess.

#107 Mimetique, Mar 29, 2017
      Last edited: May 31, 2017
    8. Depends on the character and the boob shape. Some sculptors have clearly never seen big boobs before and they look weird. Others look very nice and believable. I know there's a balance to strike for big boobs because they look different in clothes and out of clothes and most companies don't bother with sculpting two optional chest parts (though some have, and it was very neat) so they gotta be something in-between, but, if your doll has big boobies that look like they're attached at the collarbone, that's a no no.

I have fairly large-ish boobs and I definitely like large breasts on dolls anyways, but small ones can be super cute/athletic-looking.

9. for me i based the body in the face sculpt of the doll, for example is if the doll have a very childish face sculpt i will choose the flat chested or medium size chest for her 'cause i think it will not look appropriate if she got a big bust chest.

10. I agree, @Mimetique. The bigger chest just look weird to me. Almost like they are wearing an invisible push up bra.

11. I love both giant chests and flat chests..but no in between. I think for my own collection I'd only ever buy flat chested for dressing issues. But I do have a character I may decide to pursue one day that would *have* to have a giant chest. I admit when they are unclothed though, the large chests can look so strange. Like their bust is just one giant mass of flesh and it's a little off putting. But in a low cut top it just looks so so good and it's hard to overlook that.

12. Normal size pleace. It has to look like its natural possible

13. All boobs are great boobs, but big boobs are a bit more tough to execute well. Also shopping for pre made clothes can also get very troublesome with big boobies. So I personally prefer small to medium, but I do have a soft spot for dolls with really small boobs because I am very flat, and when the doll looks a bit like me it kinda helps me bond with her for some weird reason.

14. I have pretty big ones myself and I tend to want what I don't have, so I gravitate towards dolls with smaller chests. I do appreciate the medium sized ones in minifee since it balances the two extremes, so I would probably go medium on a minifee. As many others have said too it's just so hard to execute a natural looking big chest and I don't particularly like the stapled-on look personally!

15. I'm really fan of big hips small / medium boobies. I really dislike dolls with big breasts that are not proportioned with (at least) big hips

16. I also like doll with a smaller bust. I think that it makes them appear more and innocent and cute. The larger busts are usually way too large and they don't look realistic at all. They look like plastic and I am not a fan of that kind of look. Medium is also alright because it tends to look less plastic/unnatural than large but I still prefer a small bust.

17. @nagisama Have you seen the Iplehouse EID woman? I like her proportions a lot. It's more anime, but the Dollfie Dream Dynamite has a nice balance of proportions, too.

@tessiekat and @Mimetique I wonder if the "invisible push up bra" look isn't made specifically to look good with clothes on. I have the shapely busts for my Dollfie Dreams, and the shapely busts look awful nude, but they look absolutely fantastic clothed.

18. This topic feels kind of personal to me; I've got rly big boobs compared to my weight, and I hate them, so therefor I just really like the look and idea of smaller boobs better ^^ also they're easier to dress

19. I appreciate all boob sizes. Some dolls have really ridiculous bust size tho (nothing wrong with that) I just imagine trying to find fitting clothes for big busted babes is sometimes annoying..

20. I'd like bigger breasts if they looked natural. It's odd when the doll is a skinny little thing and has big balloon shaped breasts.