1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding a wig for Dollshe Hound? Size?

Jul 1, 2005

1. niku - I don't know about the fur wigs they offer, but the white wig I got with my Xiyang Jin from tensiya fit on my El, Kin. It was a little tighter fit, but strechy enough that it didn't matter.

There's a picture of him wearing it here and it doesn't look too small, IMO.

2. I have both fur wigs from dollndoll and Tensiya.

I tried the one from Tensiya on my delf El and they are too tight. The wig can sort of expand to cover his head but they only made him look like a semi-bald boy (in the forehead).

However fur wigs from dollndoll fit loosely for El and too big for hound in my opnion, the extra fabric hanging out bothers me. So yeah, hound's head is definately smaller in comparison to El's head.

3. Ok, thank you all for your helpful replies. ^-^

4. Question 1: Several people have mentioned that hound's ideal wig size is 8/9. However, Nabee is also listed in a couple of places as an 8/9. Does this mean they can share wigs? o_o *seems strange*

I hope the text following this makes sense to someone out there. XD

Second question - two websites carry the perfect wig I've been looking for, but they list the wigs for SD size as a 10/11. The dolls carried by one of the sites (SOOM's GEM dolls) have a head measurement, which is the same as hound's head measurement listed on dollmore (23.5 cm / 9.2 in). So...they don't carry the wig size for the dolls they sell? >_> ... but there are pictures of their dolls wearing the wigs. It seems like I'm totally and completely missing something. I've never seen a doll with a 10/11 wig size (although I am new to the doll hobby, so that's no surprise). *flail*

I'm getting horribly confused, and most sites seem to only carry 7-8 and 9-10 sized wigs. T_T I just want a long wig without bangs for hound. Wasn't entirely sure where to post this, but if it's in the wrong place just let me know.

5. I second this!

6. Thirds. Very VERY thirds.

7. Most of the wigs on SOOM's site are Leekeworld wigs and are indeed 10-11 sized. But they work well on Hound, just a little roomy, but that can be taken care of with a piece of velcro. My boy's default wig is a Leeke wig I bought from SOOM, and with a piece of velcro on top of his head, it looks fine. ^^ Hope this helped?

8. Also, 9-10 size wigs do fit nicely on Hound as well. I put padded moleskin on my Hound's head to pad it out a bit, and to help hold the wig on.

As far as the 10-11 size wigs, I believe that most of the Volks girls have *huge* heads, and that kind of started 10-11 as the standard size. More dolls are being produced with smaller heads now, so that's why more places are carrying 9-10 size wigs. Be warned, though--wigs from Volks are generally very large on Hound.

Hope this helped some.^__^

9. Cancan Jseries carries lovely 8-9" wigs, so that's another source to consider. And yes, Ryung and Hound can share wigs--I guess I don't quite understand why that would seem strange. Of course you'd choose styles that suited each one's personality, but size and style are really different considerations, ne?

I also find that Poshdolls wigs are okay on my Hound; I wrap one or two wide rubber bands around his head to grip the wigs, since I don't like sticking moleskin or velcro on my BJDs' heads (I think they're cute when they're bald, go figure).

10. I have a tip for people who have difficulty fitting wigs. I have a souldoll and finding a wig the right size is somewhat =\ So I put on his head something to help hold the wig in place. You know those rubber bracelets everybody wear for AIDS, Children aid, American Idol etc etc... well I just put that on his head and place the wig. It no longer is flopping nor fall down.

11. Most of Dollmore's SD-size wigs are 8-9, too, so that's another place to look. ^__^

12. I tried a lovely Leekeworld (9-10?) wig on Grigori, but found it to be just tooooo big. I got a CanCan 8-9 and it was perfect.

I toyed with the idea of making it smaller by putting a stitch in it (which I've found works fine on many wigs), but I thought the larger one swamped his head too much; there was too much gap in the top and it always looked slightly odd to me. Also, the fringe was too long and I would've had to cut it! :shudder

Having said that, a few people seem to use them and get them to look great. Maybe it's really down to preference. I wanted Grigori to have a very sleek, neat look but the larger one was just too much hair! 8-9 was the way to go.

There isn't a lot of choice for 8-9s. Personally, I've found CanCan's and Dollmore's larger sizes (9-10) to be a bit smaller than other companies and easier to adjust, so they might be OK.

13. I got an 8-9 wig from dollmore as his default wig, and it's too big for him. It looks like there's too much hair, and the netting at the back is so loose (maybe it's a 9-10 by mistake, but dollmore doesn't carry this wig in 9-10). I'll probably get one of the long wavy wigs from dollmore on my next order and just straighten it. Cancan Jseries has the style I want in 8-9, but not the color, unfortunately.

I've seen so many hounds with center-part LONG wigs, and I just wonder where they're all getting them. Maybe I should post a picture request thread.

Thanks for the answers, everyone.

14. Kai's favourite wig is a Leekeworld wig ~ it is a little bit loose, but nothing a rubber band around his head, or some velcro can't fix.
      I don't even bother with that, and suffer his wig falling off every now and then, lol...
      They can wear most SD wigs, but 8-9size is mostly best I think.. I have a cancan 9-10 wig and it's really quite loose on Kai's head - but again nothing that velcro/rubber bands can't fix ^-^.

15. I've bought 10/11 wigs that have so much of hair that Tsukasa seems swallowed by it and I need to spend afternoons layering them. But recently I've bought a short wig from CH and Luts and they are perfect mid length hair for him. I realized most of the time it's not only the size but the style of wig too. For hounds, buy short wig and it will look perfect as mid length hair. For long wig, it's best with long layered bangs. And no puffy hair! I've bought a puffy Ajumapuma wig which make Tsukasa looked like a mushroom! *dies

16. My Hound, Peter, prefers a Delf wig from Luts as his standard wig. It is slightly too big, but does not look odd.

Poshdoll wigs fit quite well (go go magic elastic).

I haven't had any trouble switching around wigs on my 60+/- dolls, except that one doll's default wig doesn't fit her at all.
      Hmm, I wonder how that one looks on Peter?

Ann in CT

17. B eing an owner of Nabee and Hound, they can share wigs. However, the Hound wigs can be a bit lose on Nabee and Nabee's a bit tight on hound. But it does work. ^_^

18. Thanks for all the feedback, again. =D

I wanted the wig to fit a lot better than the one I have (apparently an 8/9 o_o), even if it is a little bit on the tight side. I think I'll try ordering one from Elfdoll, and see how that works. If it doesn't fit, Nabee can wear it. ^^

19. Just to chime in at the last minute -- here are a couple of pics of a Hound in wigs from a couple of companies:

Marten in a Luts wig, another pic, same wig.

Marten in a Leekeworld wig.

Are you looking for a dark, straight, no-bangs, non-layered wig? If so, I have one that I can sell you, it came with Marten (I'm not sure who the manufacturer is) but didn't suit his character (although it's a good fit):

http://www.matermetis.com/Dolls/Marten/index.php?image=CloseUp

http://www.matermetis.com/Dolls/Marten/index.php?image=Heartless_6

Otherwise, good luck with Elfdoll!!

-- A :>

20. I'm looking for one just like the one you posted, but in white or silver (sephiroth costume...). Thanks for the offer and the pictures though. =D

It looks like the Luts wigs fit much better than I thought. His current wig looks like it's taking over his head unless it gets tied back (it's shoulder length). At least I have a few more options to go with now.