1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding a wig for Dollshe Hound? Size?

Jul 1, 2005

1. Quick question. I know there's a bunc of you guys who own a Hound. Well, mine should be coming here in the next few weeks. *puffs up with pride* and he is gunna need a wig that is 'him.'

I've been looking on Leeke World and I think I've found it... in 10/11 size. I've heard this is a little large, but will a rubber band fix this? I use a rubber band to keep my DoD dollswig on, and my MSD's wig on... but is 9/10 just going to be to big? Is it going to slip even with the aid of a rubber band? Will it look to big on my boy?

Help for my Anthony's sake. :P hehe, thanks guys!

2. I'm not too sure how leekeworld wigs work, but I've got two Dollmore 8/9 size wigs, and they're both too big on him. DX

...at the same time, my Nabee's 8/9 wig is too small.

I've heard that the leekeworld wigs will fit hound with a rubber band, although they might look a little large (I could be wrong about this, but I'm sure someone with a leeke wig will respond to this). =D

3. Thanks for the input Infini. ^^; Jeez... I wish I could find some shorter wigs for Hound that he isn't oging to swim in! O_o; Where did everyone get theirs! *flops ont he floor!*

4. Reve en Poupee has some really nice short styles that fit hound well. Luts fit him nicely as well.

5. That's good to know...

I think I would cry if Seimei's longer white wig (It's a Luts DW-24) didn't fit him. Neither of the other two would wear the thing. O_o

6. Luts wigs are definitely big for Hound but it's nothing a velcro or two can't solve. Same for Leekeworld, Happydoll, customhouse. Actually the cut is the more crucial factor. Don't get puffy wigs. The one wig I got from Ajumapuma gives my hound a mushroom head.

7. That's a really good point I have thinned most of the wigs Armand owns as his head and face are narrow so any extra bulk does give him a mushroom look.

The only wigs I haven't thinned are his Reve en Poupess, those suckers were perfect as is.

8. ^-^ My Kai wears a Leeke SD wig with no problems, it's a bit loose, but nothing that an elastic band won't fix.

I also recommend Cancan wigs for their quality ^-^ But be careful with shoulder length styles.. as mentioned above, if they're fluffy they can look very odd!

9. Ooh... this is a very informative thread. Does anyone know how Volks wigs fit on Dollshe boys, though? :)

10. My leekeworld wig fits fine in my hound for some reason..

11. Hey Sydal glad you brought that up. I am going to be making my own wigs for my hound, I am A stickler for detail and realism, I will be buying real hair for my wigs. That sounds gross huh? all wig shops carry real hair, I mean once i get my hound 200 paid 500 to go. I will figure out how to do it. For me that sounds way fun. I can't wait. There will be so much hair left over. If they turn out I plane on selling some super cheap, I just don't want the super shiney wig look. (OT) what Hound are you getting? I'm getting the tan hound! :abow: :abow: :abow: hound worshipper :abow: :abow: :abow:

12. So what size does he take? normal SD sized wigs?

13. Haha, real hair, huh? Doesn't sound icky at all. :P Its sounds a tad expensive though! Good luck fer yah! (ot...!) I got my Hound from Julia on DoA. He's justa regular Hound. But.. I loves him anyways! XD!! He comes on Wednesday! I AM SO EXCITED!

... I am thinking he fits most SD sized wigs. o.o I'm hearing his head is on the small side, and that rubber bands will definatly be needed if we're going to buy wigs from any retailers (such as Luts, Leekeworld, etc.) o.O;

... what about Volks wigs I wonder? o.O I have an MSD Sakura and she's got a melon head. ^^;; Perhaps the SD Volks wigs may be to big on Hound? Any imput my loves? :D

14. Real hair for wigs isn't expensive; and it comes on weft which makes it really easy to stitch onto a wig cap.

SD-sized fur wigs fit great on a Hound, as do Poshdolls SD-sized wigs. I have a couple of Luts wigs and they're both too big for Marius, my Hound; Cancan 8-9 wigs fit just fine though. I also have a blue SD wig from Mimiwoo which fits pretty well.

15. I tried my friend's volk wig on my hound, Tsukasa, and it fits fine with velcro.

16. The Leekeworld wig I bought for my Hound is absolutely huge on my El, so I bet it'll be way too big for him. The two 8/9 Cancan wigs are different sizes, for some reason, but they look like they'll fit. Strange.

17. Yeah, I agree about the puffy wigs thing....

I got this white wig a while back for a doll I'm planning in the future, and seeing him in it was the funniest thing. xo I'm not sure why Hounds are prone to looking like mushrooms...

I have only Luts wigs for my boy, and they all fit just fine. I don't even use a rubber band, I guess because I like to move it around a lot.

18. My boy usually wears a Luts wig, too, with a rubber band to lessen accidents. I don't find it too big.

Poshdoll wigs, with the lovely elastic, fit quite nicely, too.

Ann in CT

19. I hink I am gunna go ahead and get a Luts wig. ^^; If I had a link to Poshdolls I'd look through her stuff. o.o;

Currently, I am waiting for my Reve order for my MSD girls. :P I've heard nothing but good things, but if I order again it'll be after I get my current order. They take so long cause of the preorders and stuff! *cries!*

Oh, and Cancan wigs... I'm running into a problem there to. Where do I find Cancan and Poshdolls? Ebay? o.O; Hmmm! I love you guys? <3

20. I've searched a lot of the threads and I know what the Hound size is and some of the suggestions. However, all those sizes and different types of wigs fit Hound...well...differently. I have two beautiful wigs for my Toulouse, however, they are lose and fall off of his head. I realize you can make almost anything fit, (aka propping it up there and going on with life) but I want a perfect fit for him.

I really like wigs that have elastic around them so they stay on. Satordi's wig (I don't know where it's from) will stay on, I'd have to yank it off for it to move. I'd like the same for Toulouse.

Does anyone have any suggestions? What are your best fitting wigs for your Dollshe boys?