1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding a wig for Dollshe Hound? Size?

Jul 1, 2005

1. I know if you know the measurements you can do a lot of interbrand crossing for dolls.

On the website it says that the Dollshe Hound's head is...9.2 inches.

So...when buying wigs that have an inch range. Do the 8-9 inch wigs fit better, or the 9-10 inch ones? Since it's just a slight difference I didn't know..

Thanks!

2. I have both sizes on my guy and really, I can't tell the difference. Sometimes I do run into a rather large 9-10 that swims on him, but he wears both sizes as long as there is an elastic headcap.

3. Hmm. I measured my doll's head and got 8.5 inches. I find 8-9 wigs work fine, although sometimes a little snug. Of course, I haven't put regular velcro on him, though, and I imagine that will take up some space. The Volks wig-stopper is much thinner, but barely functions at all. I'm hoping that with the thicker velcro, the very elastic Monique wigs I got that are loose on the Hound will be a better fit.

4. I've been having a dilemma about wig sizes. Some ppl say that a Leekeworld SD size, which is 8-9 or 9-10 inches fits fine, however I have been to the site of Leeke and SD size is actually 10-11 inches :? But then the MSD size is 7-8 inches.... :? :? (nothing in between?)
      Then I see that delf wigs are supposed to be too big for hounds.. :? :? :?

*_* <- I give up...

somebody.. plz HELP!!!

He needs a wig... :doh

5. Those wigs can't really be 10-11 inches, can they? I mean, I have a Volks F-22/Kun, and his larger than usaul head measures 9 3/4". The only doll that I know of that tops that is Nono at 10".
      Last time I was at Leekeworld I recall them having more sizes listed, I'll see if I can find the link I used.

Sera~

6. I've bought 3 wigs from Leekeworld in their SD size (9-10 inches category) and I've found all 3 of them to be waaay too big for my Hounds' heads.

The Luts DELF Wigs in the 8.5-9.5 inches however are a perfect fit for the Hounds.

7. hm I tried a Luts wig on the Saint head and it was big, but nothing a rubber band or velcro couldn't fix. Depends on the wig there I guess.

Saint fit the 8/9 wig from Jpop very well though :) also a fur wig I picked up at Dolls & Friends

8. My Hound's default wig is an SD sized one from Leekeworld. It's a little roomy, but with a piece of velcro, it stays put and looks fine. :thumbup

9. would a MSD size of Leekeworld fit a hound then?
      how do you fix a roomy wig without the help of a velcro? it's eating all the hair!!

i don'[t know how it happens but I really like leekeworld wigs, but i clicked into it and the first line says "SD size 10-11"

so confusing :(

10. The MSD Leeke wigs I have do not fit my Hound. Honestly, I wouldn't go by the 10-11 they have written for their SD wigs. In general, an SD-sized wig (whatever the company) will work best for Hounds. Some of the newer Dollshe boys have smaller heads, though, so something that works for a Saint won't necessarily work for a Hound. And for the velcro, you just stick a small piece somewhere towards the top of their heads and it catches the wig cap and helps hold it in place. Of course you'll want to keep the hair away from it, though.

I'm sure there are pictures somewhere on here of how people have the velcro positioned. Rubberbands are also common for helping wigs stay in place. If there's not a thread in the BJD-opedia section, I'm sure you can make one to have people show you how they keep their wigs on.

Also, I recommend the Volks wig stopper, which is cheap (there are group orders occasionally so you don't have to pay full shipping) and works like a dream.

11. Great and helpful comments! The Leeke msd wigs will not fit Hound - they fit the newer DollShe sculpts which have very, very small heads: Saint and Bernard. Hound can wear the Leeke SD size - my Bermann and Hound both do, but I do have a wide rubber band around their noggins, the same place the edges of the wig hit, and that holds these gorgeous wigs on fine! Hound should not be a difficult SD wig fit!

12. My Bermann wears a Leekworld SD sized wig, and I have a couple elastics under it to keep it from moving. I don't shake my dolls around a lot, though...so I don't require a really tight fit. My Hound wears a Volks SD wig - same thing with the elastics... Kemper 8-9 fits perfectly.

13. thanks for all your help.... I feel a little better now...

good thing i still have time to think, because my boy hasn't arrived yet... :)

you guys are great.... are there any old threads on wigging do you know?? :P

14. And if you like larger wigs i know the denverdoll store has wig caps of this stretchy plasticy material that keeps everything in place :)

15. as long as you don't have saint, SD size wigs from 8-9 to 8.5-9.5 should work on hound

saint has especially small head T.T

16. I am waiting for my tanned IM hound...

ohhhhhh..... *dreaming...

17. Leekeworld recently announced that they're now selling 8-9" wigs on their site. Would that be too small for them? (Not really hound related, but do Husky's have the smaller head like Saint and Bernard or are they closer to a hound?)

18. An 8-9 should fit - depending upon the cap style - elastic or not.

Husky has the Bermann/Hound sized head!

19. Husky's head is a little smaller than Hound and definately smaller than Bermann. Not as small as Saint and Bernard though. 8-9's on Husky fit a little loose, but they are workable, whereas an 8-9 fits hound perfectly. 7-8's are too small for both those boys.

20. :( A warning should be advised for the newer wigs by Leekeworld, if you order any wigs that are black, dark brown or even the caramel color. The inside lining is black and will stain your dolls head. I had 2 of my reservation wigs from Christmas stain my Silvia and Zen head, luckily I had my Mr. Clean magic eraser to get rid of it.