1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding BJDs in the strangest places

Nov 29, 2007

1. I saw "The Golden Compass" today... and the bear king, when the main character girl first approaches him on his throne, has a BJD in his hands. Couldn't get a close enough look to see which one.

2. Are you serious?! That is by far one of the cooler things I've heard recently xD

3. I work at Target in Qld and we have a similar t-shirt to that, with what looks like Blythe dolls all over it, in different fluro colours. I might buy one when they come on clearance lol.

4. I found an abio body at a flea market XD;;

5. I don't think it was actually... It looked more like a rag doll with a painted porcelain face, to me anyway.

Sorry if I missed some sarcasm somewhere.

6. I walked into a weird alternative sort of art gallery/store this evening and found a book that looked like all Volks dolls. XD I didn't look closely enough at the cover to decipher the title, though. It was sort of randomly awesome.

7. Whoa! That's crazy! What kind of flea markets do you go to? XD

8. When I worked at Zellers I had this Asian family come through my line and their two youngest children had dolls with them, I forget from what company. I just remember them paying so much attention to them and being so proud when showing me. Their parents seemed a little shocked when I commented that I had one, a rather big one. It was very different for me.

9. I dunno XD it's just a random fleamarket that's there everyday, it was...really shocking to see naked headless abio body XD but I bought it anyway

10. I was checking out at a Bookstar near my house and had Issacar with me. As we walked up to the counter, the girl behind it says, "That one's from Luts, right? My friend is really into them." I was so suprised all I could do was nod^^; It was only a month or so after I got him, so it was pretty amazing to me when someone actually recognized what he was XD

11. I was trawling a dollar store today and happened upon something called "Benign Girl". It had a Barbie on the package, but there was a cheap plastic doll and a toy cell phone in each one. Each package had a different picture on the toy cell, and a few of them had BJD on them! I was floored. IIRC they looked like Volks sculpts, but I'm pretty bad at identifying stuff like that, so. xD; It was great, though. Even my mom could tell.

12. you'd be surprised...I live in a tiny little town in the middle of the smallest state and was surprised to find 2 people not only in my town, but less then a 10 minute's drive from me.

13. i believe its an artist doll...i have a japanese book that teaches you how to make your own BJD and that doll looks very much like the artist's style...i can't remember what the artist's name was since i don't have the book with me presently. I leave it at my apartment to freak my roommate out :sweat

14. Well, if they are here, they are hiding from me. Cause, you know, I'd power glomp them :D

Maybe I shoud move to Rhode Island....

15. About a month ago I was watching TV and randomly one of the guys on TV started to talk about BJDs. I was like:"O___O WTF?!! What's he talking about?!"
      It was one of these TV chats where one or two people are talking and you can send text messages there and those guys read them etc., very common in Finland.
      It was middle of the day, first they were talking about music, then some finnish bands and then Asia. And after that guy started to talk about "new fashion in China, where adult men buy dolls and dress them, buy accessories for them" and something like that. Woman who were talking to him, said "that's crazy..." and looked kinda scared xD then the guy told her that there's many people also here in Finland who collect those dolls. And how those cost alot. Soon woman started to talk about something else, I don't think she were so interested x''D
      (sorry my english)

16. I wish so much to find people interested or who have heard of or own BJD's in my area but alas my tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny village consists of... me who likes BJD's and my friend who listens patiently as I talk about them.

Outside of that... not many either T_T Ugh. If i ever find one in a strange place I think i'll die :lol:

17. Nope. No BJD sightings or mentionings in my area. I am always mentioning mine and people just get this blank stare like they have no idea what I'm talking about. Sometimes I have photos with me and that gets people a bit more interested. BUT! I did make a new friend recently that was really interested after I told her about mine and showed her my web site and invited her to a meet. I hope she gets a doll soon so we can play! :)

18. I live in a small town full of grumps and serial killers. 8'D (Port Coquitlam B.C. for the interested) I've yet to see any BJDs or BJD related stuff here, but hey, I don't go out much, so who knows XD
      I'd be pretty floored if I saw somebody running around with one.

19. This year at our local medieval faire which is held yearly, in one of the vendor's tents was a SD (I can't recall which one) dressed in a medieval
      costume! She wasn't for sale she was just eye candy.

20. I haven't ever seen one in the hick capital (my town) but I've taken mine to some weird places. I went to a local concert and took Loric with me. Stood him up and everything all the little kiddies were kind of spooked by him and my fiancee and I got a nice big circle around us. XD I took him to see Golden Compass with us the very next day too, and then to Taco Bell. XD Good times.