1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding BJDs in the strangest places

Nov 29, 2007

1. I found out last week that a girl in my class on High School own a doll. I never though that there would be anyone with a doll on my school because I have a little school and nobody knows doll's.

2. Early last summer, I was in a little local clothing store where I found some wallets with the most beautiful dolls I have ever seen on them. I immedately bought it totally enamered with how lovely they were and then just a few days later while doing some online suffering about pullips I first discoverd BJD'S... lol it must have been a sign

3. One of the thrift/ultra awesome gothy stores (Exile, for any Richmonders) near my University (VCU >.>) has BJD pins. I do believe that I've bought most of the ones they have for my pin hat, but I have to go check again XD. I'll take a picture of the hat with the pins when I drag it back into the house. (It's in my car >.> Too heavy for my head now.)

I want onna those wallets you guys are talking about now. I hate my current boring "Adult one"

4. I found out last week that there's a lady on my block that collects dolls! I really wanna find her and make a new friend!
      :: goes to every building that has an apt marked 6* ::

5. My uncle, sister, and i were watching a triple horror movie special with movies from korea, china, and japan. (the movies Dumplings, Cut, and Box). After a long while into the movie "Box" the girl started to curl up into a ball in a plastic sheet. Then it switched scenes and showed a man with a bjd, wrapping it in plastic and making it do all these weird poses(voodoo?). I had my Twin-b with me, so i was like "LOOK! LOOK! THATS A BJD! LOOK AT THE JOINTS!" :fangirl:
      I dont know what mold it was..... But i was like "POOR THING!" since the man was almost breaking it :...(

6. >>; About the only thing I can do is spot BJD sized things. XD
      After Christmas, my friends and I were walking around Michaels and we found a BJD sized crown! It was a Christmas ornament! But it would have fit an SD perfectly.

I live in the south east US, so finding BJD stuff is HARD.

7. I'm in MS (small town). People at church know I have dolls. One of the college kids was telling me her friend was waiting for a doll that you could change the eyes on and that you pose and take pics of. lol I was going crazy trying to find out which BJD she was waiting for, but never did.

8. got pics on the cruise i was on in tahiti, of a lady's purse that had pullips on it. it was so cool. i'll load them later and link them.

9. One time when I had one of my dolls with me at a mall, a girl I didn't know came up to me and said "Oh my god! Is that a Ball-jointed doll? I've never seen one in person!" ...of all the times I've been in that mall, that was the first time someone knew what they were. XD

10. Oh, we got those at the store I work at (a chinese shop) and we even got stickers of them! I was like: aslkjhdffkgj!!!:o

11. On Halloween, I was checking DOA, replying to all my overdue messages at this very dull party. No, I'm not anti-social. Just... it was so boring *_* So, after I finished and got off, this girl went on the computer, and she signed onto her account! And she showed my pictures of this Pirate themed BJD that she is ordering~ I never talked to her after that, because she was a feminist, and scared me D;​

12. Oh! I bought a cute little purse thing from a shop in a flea market and they give out little mini coin purses with each purchase and one of the coin purses my mom recieved had BJD pictures on it! She gave the purse to me later, since it had dolls on it, even though she doesn't know I like BJDs (actually I don't think I was "lusting over BJDs" at that point, but still...) yay lol I'll give it to my Bluefairy when she comes lol 8B

13. there's a vampire princess Miyu episode with these posessed ghost dolls in it. i thought when i first watched it that they were some kind of traditional japanese puppet or somrhting *ignorant*

thinking back, they were probably BJD ^.^ i want to find that episode again but my video store has sold it T_T

14. I was at a toy store the other day and there was a made in china mp3 player type toy and the packaging had a cg rendering of one of the too and bee-a pictures straight from the DOD website. I was totally shocked.

15. Believe it or not, I bring mine to work in a different outfit. So, if you were taveling thru a small town in RI and stop at an animal shelter, you would see one. AM

16. I was in the store its a big mega store here in mexico that sells everything like wall mart and they had these cheap frames that had dod twin key doll picture in the frame. it was so weird

17. Kinomi, I got pink and green pencil cases just like that while I was in China. I also picked up little compact mirrors with photos of what I'm pretty sure are Volks LEs on 'em.

18. Well, there were these stickers - crudely named "BARBIE" (it had colorful texts but a bizzarely earrie font style, the blood-dripping type *shrugs*) - in which a wholel of bjds were shown.

Another was this compact mirror I got in a market. They had prints of various BJDs on the cover.

Both were made in China.

19. Not really a strange place, but unexpected as I was looking for something completely different..
      I was looking on the net for a photo that was published in our sunday paper from a sci fi con that was over the weekend (photo was 4 guys dressed as Darth vader, bobba fet, obi one and a storm trooper cueing up to use the loo! hilarious:lol:). Didn't find the photo but found one of a girl dressed in goth lolita holding her BJD there. Was quite excited!

20. When a friend and I were watching Angelic Layer a couple months ago, and the main character opens the Angel egg to reveal the unmodified angel, I started giggling. When my friend asked me why I was laughing, I told him that what the girl was holding was a BJD. He just shook his head and went back to watching. The fact my doll was watching with us made it even funnier for me.