1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding BJDs in the strangest places

Nov 29, 2007

1. I laughed insanely after I saw one in Attack of the Pinup Boys/Flower Boys. Some girls in the movie gave a pretty boy a BJD of himself. XD
      If you are in to dramas, then you can see the scene in the first five minutes or so here:
      http://www.mysoju.com/attack-on-the-pinup-boys/

2. I've unfortunately not yet run into anyone around here, but I did discover on DOA that there is a girl in th enext town to me with BJD's! She's really lovely and I was very excited by that :)

absynthe x

3. I watched that episode! OMG It's like my favriot out of the whole series! But the DVD broke so i cant watch it any more....But yeah it's a good episode!

4. Resurrecting an oldish thread, but I was on holiday in Tunisia a couple of months ago and went into a supermarket to get some hair ties, when I found these little tiny hairclips with a Volks four sisters doll on the packaging! I bought them, both for the novelty and because they're a pretty good scale to use on dolls ^^;

5. Apparently one of the first doll meetup people I met my mother knows from running- and lives close to us, in our area. Which is not artsy in the least and very 'residential', maybe a little too benign/English major for the artsy stuff like dolls. Not as cool as dollie merch but hey, it was a nice thing to know ^_^

What's WEIRDEST is that this meetup person is like my meetup mentor now. Before I even knew.

6. I WISH I'd run across another one. I've never seen anyone over 5 carrying a doll around....

7. I was in Chester, UK, last week and I made a point of holding Rupert (SDC Kurt) in my arms when I was walking around the high street. I got the usual point-and-stare from some school kids, but no dolly people caught the bait :(

8. I had a dream where I found a whole bunch of BJD's at an auction for like, super cheap, and no one was bidding on them because they didn't know what they were, so I got like, 20 of them for like, 100 dollars! Like that would ever happen!
      But seriously, me and my BJD friend were in the library at school, supposedly typing our papers, and looking up BJD websites. She wanted to show me that new company Rosette School for Dolls (I think), and I just had to show her Crobidoll. Then, out of no where, this senior guy was all like, "Oh I love BJDs!" he was standing right behind us! He said "I have a DOD Homme Duncan and an Ipplehouse Akando on the way". We were like, "OMG alskdfjlaskdfja you have an AKANDO?!?!?!"
      It was such a weird coincidence.

9. I was at work and mentioned to one of my customers (I'm a cashier at a thrift store) that I'm going to an anime convention this weekend. She didn't know what anime was, but the lady she was with knew because her niece likes it. "She'd love to go to an anime convention... she's never been to one but she went to a doll convention in Kentucky recently."

I asked what kind of doll convention, but she didn't know. A doll convention in Kentucky can only be ResinCon, yes? :o
      I told her to tell her niece to bring one of her dolls in so I can see it... I really want to know. :D

10. Ihave a new one, a group of shops off one of the main roads in Rockford, IL has one of those LED signs that change with ads for the different stores as well as ads to stop and shop. 2 of the flashed up signs has BJD, one is clearly a Pulip and the other is only the lower half of a face but I know it has to be a BJD one, as it ain't Barbie! I would try and get pics of them, but has been to cold to stand out there with camera waiting for them to cycle by. Still cool though!

11. When I watching a old drama....I saw the background...there are two or three BJD...in the main role's bedroom = = ||

12. Its probably unlikely, but my mom swears she came across a BJD in the vallue village here. I doubt it was, since there are no other BJD owners in my town.. x.x

13. Around where i live.. I'd never expect to see one.. anywhere. Lol. Other then the Cons we have around here.. But other then that. I'd never expect to see one anywhere. And if I saw one, I'd be quite amazed.. As I haven't seen one around.. Not in Cons.. XDD

14. This is kind of reversed, but I took Elijah, my MD Miho, to a family gathering at the Texas Roadhouse in Reno, NV. I ended up taking him in to the restaurant with me because I had to park in a different parking lot, and on my way out of the building, I run into KyotoPunk, who stopped me and told me she collected BJDs too. we were both pretty stoked, XD. It was sooo random. I got home and checked her profile here and was blown away by her collection.

15. I too am in Florida and I do see them around form time to time.. Oddly some of the people have been rather rude to me when I tried to talk them .. Like I was not of their "Click" and there for not good enough to speak too..

Any ways a place that I found to be very odd to see one was at a Gothic Night club we have here called "The Castle".. I met the girl a few times over the years She is very nice. I know shes here on DOA but for the life of me I can't recall her name :crushed Wish I could.. I could really use some friends :kitty1 ....I dont have any, any more really other then my Husband and my ex.....:doh

16. Hubby, kids and I were on holiday in Croatia when we stumbled accross a stall in the markets in Split (town in Cro) that not only stocked the most perfect MSD sized shoe-keyrings but also handbags, backbacks, lunchboxes and wallets with Volks Sara on it... had to have them all for my DD hehehe

17. LOL just started watching this.
      I love how he kisses it's head when he's walking down that ally. XD!

18. I saw a girl with a Dollfie Dream in the sewing section at Walmart. >w< I had Lanny with me, too (shopping for fabric), so there was a mutual "OMG!" XD She gave me her dA, hehe.

I never would've expected it here. This is a very conservative little tourist trap town. @_@

19. Aww I don't have any amazing stories.. back like 4 years ago, when I had only just found out what BJDs were (but totally dismissed it knowing a couldn't afford one), a japanese girl in my GERMAN CLASS at my community college brought two of hers in @_@ I was totally shocked and too embarassed to say anything (particularly because I was..what.. 15 or 16 at the time..? Which is a baby to be in college but it was a program through my high school... anyway so I was really selfconscious..)

She never brought them again *sniff*

20. I know there are BJD collectors in my general area. But I don't know of any in my city. I know that there's an anime club at my old high school, and there's one at my community college. I'm sure there has to be at least one collector there. But I've yet to physically run into anyone out of the blue. I do know someone who lives in my city who has some though! XD I'm pretty sure I will find more once I go to more local events and stuff.