1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding BJDs in the strangest places

Nov 29, 2007

1. I dream of the day where I find a BJD at a yardsale or thrift store for $15...

2. I play World of Warcraft, a discussion started up in my guild about photography and did any of us take pics to poost on the internet of interesting stuff. I replied that i very much an amature (ive got horrid pics to prove it) but that i did post pics on the internet. Someone asked what i took pics of so i said bjds....most of the people in the guild just replied with what on earth is that? But there was one person that replied....holy crap they are cool, but i cant afford them. I then had a nice long chat with the girl for the next 40min in whispers...was the last place i thougt id have a converstaiton about bjds but was really nice.

3. I have one, at least, I guess it counts. I was at Baltimore Comicon last year, walking around with one of my boys and I ran into a fellow DOAer with a puki. We walked around for awhile together and talked about doll stuff and...stuff. It was awesome, because it really was about the last place I'd have expected to see another doll person, mostly because our comicon isn't really big.

4. We were at a senior's home to attend to a friend's grandfather's birthday and then I saw a BJD owner and even thought she was younger than me...in fact, she's the one who introduced me here..:)

5. There is a new Target commercial showing the clothing line from McQ. Alexander McQueen (not that new I guess but the first time I saw it). They show several blythe dolls. I know, not SD or MSD so not exactly on topic, but I felt it was still doll related. Just wanted to share. Check out youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZOR7_0FSHo. If the link doesn't work, look for lin7s, who posted it there, or search Target commercials.

6. I don't no if that's so strange place, but in last saturday I was in cinema, watching shopholic- movie. And when my sister went to toilet, she told me that she saw one or two, can't remember, girl/s with doll/s 8) I saw one when I went to check ~

7. Can't believe I never made the connection between Sasori and BJDs. *_*
      *major Sasori fan* Now that it's been brought to my attention, he really does look like one!

Back on track, I've never seen any around here... I did go to a meet-up in February (anyone else remember that? ^_^ I was the little noob who followed the Sard around) and was AMAZED by how many there were! I thought there would maybe be ten people there... it was closer to thirty.

8. Yep i sure have: first of all i was in a shopping center and there was a girl with a BJD in her trolly
      and another time there was one sitting in a display window in a tire repair shop....strange huh

9. I wish I would run into bjds or just people who actually KNEW what they were, people I know just kinda look at me like im crazy whenever I talk about them. :...( I totally need a doll person to hang out with, Ive seen a bunch of threads with people from MN but none in my area.

10. Gosh! Reading this thread makes me want to work on my evil project now! I work at the airport doing security and I have an evil plan of making a uniform for one of my boys at home, then bring him into work and show everyone else. I just get this feeling that someone is going to walk up and go "OMG! is that a BJD!" since I work at a busy checkpoint and think I'll leave him at the supervisor's podum. But then on the downside I'm really afriad that some stupid co-worker will either take a sharpie to their face (which equals death) or someone just taking off with him.

And this all started because they handed us this mini badge pin for a class everyone had to take. >D

11. OOH! I have some!
      One of my coworkers brought me a card of hair barrets at a flea market that had an SD10 Nono on them..the actual clips!
      A sheet of stickers at Big Lots with Jenny's, Blythe's and SD13 Nana and Megu on them.
      At Lee's super Dollar, I found a fan w DOD Too and Bee-A on it.
      And my friend Odii sent me a compact with an Anais on it that she got in Tokyo.
      fhew..I think I just have freakishly obsessive/observant friends though :)
      -Melissa

12. Omg, yeah, Yesterday at school I saw this picture of a BJD in a kimono on someone's project! I was so excited! I saw the girl who was fixing the project and I was going to ask if it was hers, but I was too shy... ._.

13. I was watching the movie Mirrormask by Neil Gaiman, Dave McKean and Jim Henson Co. and when the main character Helena is taken by the dark queen she's put in an outfit that looks exactly like a dollheart Fer. The first time I saw a Fer I was like ZOMG evil Mirrormask dress!

That movie is freakin awesome by the way ya'll should watch it ;)

~Gio

14. I love your Sumomo animation in your sig! I just had to say, please pardon the thread interruption!

-Morte

15. So it's happening... They are everywhere now! :sweat

Even my college friends are becoming BJD fans. Mainly due to my efforts ;), but I was surprised to find some people who were already in the know. Not any owners yet, but I keep searching :)

16. Not really actually.. I live in Amsterdam.

Bút I saw one girl/woman in a tram that was walking around with a bag that looked like a doll carrier bag.. but was to chicken to ask.

óh, wait.. I did see one: On my way to my boyfriend I walked over Amsterdam Central Station, were I sometimes see lollita's and Anime fans (Mostly in Februari.. when there is Anime convention).. not very rare.. then I see one holding a BJD! I couldn't really see what the mold was. (N00b)

17. About two months ago my girlfriend and I were at Epcot at Walt Disney World browsing for Japanese snackies when we ran into two girls with 60cm dollfies... And I nearly died. @@ That was just after Bobby had been ordered and I was still waiting for her to arrive.. so yesterday I took Bobby in with us. <3 It was fun.

18. As far as I know, no one remotley near me has one.
      =]
      Never really seen one around either, which is sad because I'd love to see other people who live near me with one.

19. I've only met one local person who's known of BJDs before I met her. She lives 'round the corner from my wife and I, but we only see each other at out-of-state meetups! (>_<) She's always a total delight to spend time with, though.

I've seen some of those little stickers & things with BJDs on them at local dollar stores, but they're just not the same as bumping into a BJD outta the blue.

~Bruce

20. Not sure what the product is, but isn't that a BJD pic on the box?
      [​IMG]
      found on engrishfunny.com