1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding that perfect wig

Jan 22, 2016

1. They do tend to surprise me sometimes, who wants which wigs. I plan for this doll to be wearing that wig a lot but end up with the wig on a totally different doll because it pops that doll and it just fits somehow. Whatever works. If it's right it's right. If it's not it's not. In the end it's the doll's head not mine and if it looks good on them then it stays...

2. I've had dolls who were easy to wig, and others who fought everything I tried for them. Now most of dolls bounce between a few different styles and colors. I used to try to shoot for one perfect wig for each doll, but now I think it is fun having a few options that work. :)

3. Ooooh, yeah. The hunt for the One True Wig... It's a battle I know well. :lol:

Some dolls are definitely more cooperative in the hair department than others, and I have had a few who were well-nigh-impossible to find the right wig for. It took half a dozen tries at least to find one that suited the current incarnation of Crow... I'm *still* not sure the one I settled on is completely right... my Olea is shaping up to be every bit as bad.

4. Yes, it's happened a few times where I end up going through several wigs before finding "the one". I think I've had roughly 10 fur wigs in my possession at one time. I usually browse owner pictures in the database to see what style/brand looks best with the sculpt and have had pretty good luck so far.

5. Haha thanks guys. Im glad im not alone. Still looking but i think. Finally found one.

6. The wig I have on my girl right now is alright but I want a more realistic look. So I am going to make her a wig so I can get exactly what I want. I will use alpaca, or maybe even coyote fur.

7. Wow thats a good idea. I picked up so synthetic hair from my local craft store to try to make my girl a wig. Hope everything goes well.

8. Hmm, I have two bjds and have experienced polar opposites with them. My newer doll was planned as a light blonde and I ordered her wig before she even arrived--when she got to me, I just plopped the wig onto her and it was a perfect match. My other doll was supposed to be a raven-haired character (tried several styles that simply looked ridiculous on her), then became a curly red-head for a brief time, and now finally has lovely, sleek brown hair that works very well. Unfortunately, her face-up looks completely bland with her wig so I now have to look for a face-up artist to repaint her! :doh

9. I'm there right now! I have a resin soul Rong and I had no clue what to do with her but I put her in a blond wig it looked ok. But I wanted her to have a black wig and I have all the tools almost to make her one but now im unsure because shes wearing a white wig... That I promised to give to a friend! Q.Q So she can't keep it I already promised! So I used some chalk and such to color the end of her blond wig since I dont like it but the color is pretty on her and I wanted to see how shed look in purple. It looks nice but its not the purple I was considering because now with her being in white skin I am thinking of lavender but then I find fur wigs that are nice but they all have a side swipe bang and I discovered that dont look well on her but stright bangs do and I like white so I am thinking of white and Lavender but I cant seem to get that in an synthetic wig and calking it is NOT a good idea that rubs off on her and i no like that and with no idea how to make that in alpaca and with no idea if it will look ok on her I dont wanna buy alpaca and dye it XD. So Im running in circles not knowing what to do LOL.

10. My Tori (the girl in my avatar) has been through several wigs, and it's that I gave her on a whim that seems to have stuck (it's actually Atticus's wig that I've stolen, but it suits Tori better). And in my planning for a doll that I'm saving up for, I've looked at what feels like thousands of wigs and I can't seem to pin down which one would suit her best *_* Ah, the lengths we go to to make our dolls perfect...

11. I know EXACTLY what you mean. I currently have 32 wigs for 4 dolls. Only one of them is pretty sure she's happy with the wig that's become her go-ton (always subject to change as she's 13), but she's got several others for convention wear. The others have yet to find exactly the style/color combo that's right for them. I keep shopping and hoping the next one will work. Sigh. Love them, but they're SO finicky!

12. Wow thats a lot of wigs for 4 dolls haha. My girl girl got so dollie hair so i hope that works. If not i did find a wig that i liked on luts. So if i suck at making the wig...im dishing out $30 ish for a red slightly curled wig. Why do they have to be so stubborn.

13. Haha i get it. Try for my doll. They have cute lavender wigs right now. Im buying on next paycheck for my resinsoul Mei. It wont be her perment wig but just like a...costume wig for her.

14. Yesss. For my first boy, I ordered him with a wig from the same company, so that's just always been him. My second boy, though... I found the perfect wig (I thought) and when it arrived it was not only nothing like the picture but also put together in such a way that it could barely be called a wig. I ended up giving up on it after re-making it and still failing... and his replacement wig was slightly too small for his head as well as not fitting his character after all. :...( He's still waiting for destiny to smile on him. Luckily my other dolls have settled quite nicely into theirs. (Not that I don't have approximately two extra wigs for each of them despite that, though...)

15. When I was waiting for my first girl I knew she was going to have pink pigtails. However, I couldn't find a wig that had both pigtails and came in the shade I wanted. While sitting in a store, my friend found a blonde wig, which I put on my girl as a joke but it looked so good I ended up buying it for her. Currently, I'm saving up for my next doll and I love his fullset, except the wig. Thus began a search for a different one. I saw one on Stacy's Pink Ocean and the moment I saw the wig, the character's name popped into my head. That was how I knew it would be the one. Hopefully it'll look as good on him as it does in my head.

16. My obsession with the perfect wig has lead to teaching myself to make wigs. oTL That angora mohair really builds up! *_*

And yet sometimes I buy a cheap wig for kicks and it's like "oop. That's the one he's gonna wear for a month."

17. I am very new to bjd's. I received my first one a few days ago:). She is a soul doll. (Amy) A soul-kid, 43 cm . I NEED to know what size wig will fit her.
      (she came with a 7-8 wig but it's too big for her ...Im not sure if it's because I do not have a cap? Id like to buy her a new wig...help please? Thanks.

18. Aah..until now I haven't found the right wig for my doll. I bought some wigs and when I put it on my doll it doesn't appeal to me. I think it's good to do research over owner pictures for comparison.

19. I go through many wigs to find the "right" look. Once I have found it -- it becomes the only wig that doll wears. I spend as much time finding the "right" wig as I do on almost anything else.

20. Omg seriously. A few of my dolls have been pretty easy to find wigs for but my poor heliot has gone through at least 12 different wig changes alone because what I think I'm buying will be perfect, ends up being not when it arrives. It's disheartening since he's just sitting on my dresser all bald but I'm sure SOMEDAY I'll get the perfect wig for him :lol: