1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding that perfect wig

Jan 22, 2016

1. What do you recommend as far a wig source (mid price) I love the Mongolian hair wigs .I'd like to make my own too,what method/pattern do you use? Thank you.

2. I use the method shown in this thread: https://denofangels.com/threads/crafting-your-own-custom-angora-wig-a-tutorial.571784/

A lot of my dolls have slicked back hair styles so I need a wig cap that fits their head super close rather than using a sewing pattern.

I mainly just shop around Etsy a lot. I don't really have a favorite shop for wig supplies. Sometimes it depends on if I want a particular color or not. I usually pick USA shops so I get it faster, but my most recent purchase came from JollyFelts in Russia because I wanted a really particular color and not many other sellers had the same.

3. Thank you!

4. My current dolls have been polar opposites in the wig department. I had Johnny's character planned well in advance so I had a wig waiting for him when he came home. I knew that there was a chance that it wouldn't suit him, but I was so determined to make it work that I didn't buy any others. By extreme good fortune the wig does suit Johnny.

Alistair was a spur-of-the-moment purchase, and I got him off the marketplace so I didn't have a chance to get extra things together for him. I do have spare wigs, including two for my Hujoo and one for the little Yo-SD that I'm planning on getting. One Hujoo wig was too big, and I didn't bother with the other one because it's lavender and would look ridiculous with Alistair's current color scheme (red and green). The gray Yo-SD wig would've worked, but it's too small. So I ended up ordering some new wigs strictly for Alistair. So far I've got a red and black mohawk wig, a shaggy green wig, a dreadlock wig, and a wig that's part of a grab bag and thus will be a complete surprise. I'm hoping that one of those will suit Alistair.

5. I'd love to try that! I have 2 new dolls coming in and I am freaking out about finding the right wig colour size all of it. How did you learn to make them?

6. This has happened to me so many times...

-Bought a wig for Ben, Parker ended up looking amazing in it and kept it.
      -Bought a blond wig for Justin, spent around $40 on that wig because it looked great on the model and was the same cut as Parker's, and it looked horrendous on him. Like Donald Trump hair. It was so terrible that I laughed at him. I couldn't even cry because it was just so ridiculous. Parker wore it temporarily, but it was really too blond for him.
      -I though Michael needed long hair. He doesn't. He looks like a snobby old lady in the long wig. I tried the blond wig from above on him just playing around, and he looks gorgeous in it. It fit his head like it was supposed to, and not like a bad toupee.
      -Started Piper out blond, had trouble bonding to her, got her a "temporary" lavender wig that has become her perfect permanent wig.

There have been plenty more, but those are the main ones I can think of at the moment.

7. Yes! I've gone through 5 wigs for my ebony iplehouse Benny only to end up making it myself and she is now perfect and her personality really came together