1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

"Finishing" A Doll Before Buying Another?

May 18, 2010

?
  1. Finish one doll/character before buying another.

2. Buy as many dolls as I like and finish them as I come across items/resources.

3. I have no opinion/I don't do either.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. What an interesting thread … and here I thought I simply have a weak character, now I see it’s just being a normal addict. Already checking the web for my next doll, and i don't even have an access to the marketplace yet...thank god :)

2. I havent "finished" one doll yet, i'm kind of.... spazzy when it comes to focusing on one project. I've committed to not buying anymore until the ones I have are completed though.... so now I have uh...... 6 dolls to finish.... eek.

3. I find that I have no self-control or patience to finish just one doll at a time :sweat so I complete the dolls whenever I find an item that helps get closer to that goal whilst buying another doll in-between. And I'm finding that the boys are very lucky in getting finished first because it's easier to get clothes for them; there are a lot of BJD stores that sell Victorian-inspired suits with frilly shirts for the 70cm dolls. Sadly the girls aren't so lucky, and I figured if I can just stop being lazy I can get around to making their clothes and they can get finished...someday.

4. In a perfect world, I would finish my dolls in order and not have blank disembodied heads lying around but things keep happening... Albeit they are good things, they're just derailing my plans. >_<

First off, I keep getting suckered into buying heads two at a time. It has happened twice now and both sets are blank.
      Then, limited edition dolls that I love keep popping up.

So I may have blank disembodied heads and naked dollies for a while. Hopefully, things will settle down soon and I can start working on getting them clothes, face-ups... and bodies. XD

5. I bought my first doll and the only thing she didn't have were her proper eyes when I bought my second. The second is finished but he was a floating head for awhile. I find that if I don't save one at a time then I'll never finish the first one so I like to go one at a time. Now I'm saving for two at a time but they're connected(and tinies) so I need to get them together or else I'll end up with just one part of the duo! XD; One will probably get things faster than the other just because it's easier to find stuff for him. :'D

6. Do you wait and save and "complete" your current doll before moving on to another? Or do you buy as many as you like and "finish" each one as you come across items?

I started out thinking I would, but it simply did not turn out that way lol.
      Now I just buy stuff for my dolls as it comes along,
      Though I am not sure my dolls are ever really finished.

7. What I want to do is finish a doll, then start saving up for the next one.

What actually happens is that I finish them as I'm able, and will order more dolls in the meantime. Sometimes it's due to opportunity (sales, limited editions, etc). Other times, it's because I'm waiting to find just the right clothes/wig/eyes, or the clothes/wig/eyes I've ordered aren't due for quite awhile (such as when ordering some urethane eyes).