1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

First Doll Indecision?

Dec 12, 2009

1. I am worried to order from dollmore now.... :O

2. I did a ton of searching, but I was pretty set on Iplehouse I until I found 5stardoll. There's a part of me that wonders if I really will like him so much or if I'm just forcing myself to like him because of the price, but I know I'm a chronic second-guesser, and just looking at the stock pictures of him makes me excited to have him, even if it might not be for quite a few months. Besides, I'm having trouble finding more expensive dolls that I like the look of better (I originally thought I'd only get larger, more realistic dolls... that went out fast), so I figure I'm good.

I think with all the talk in the community to get a first doll that you love makes us feel a little more pressured to get the perfect first doll, and of course when you're new to the hobby you will find doll after doll that you want and love, so it's hard to choose "the one" if you don't have one that just steals your heart.

3. I looked through -a lot- of companies. (Though I started at DoD). I really wanted a DoI Crush ver no.2 but there was no way that my mom would have let me use the money I had saved in the bank. I searched around more and looked at what I could afford and liked at the same time. It was really hard for me to make my decision because I really wanted to be "happy" in the end so I went like this over a duration in a month:

- wanted either 1/4 DZ Megi or Mo
      - went with the DZ Megi, fullset, suggested by friends then..
      - went to looking at BBB or RS (wanted 1/3 doll but really liked face sculpts of the two MSDs I mentioned earlier)
      - started thinking of getting RS Long or Gang
      - saw DIM, also fell in love with DIM Ace, started thinking of buying him instead
      - went back to DZ but decided I was going to go with Mo (but went to nude and no faceup)
      - was completely torn between DIM Ace and DZ Mo
      - started thinking of hybriding as well
      - looked at some AoD/DF, resisted from "thinking about it more"
      So then I decided that I should stop looking "too much" (is that possible?) and went with what I really really wanted at the moment. Though I still ended up looking at other companies again for "maybe future dolls".
      - decided to go with DZ Mo and do something about DIM Ace in the future (and get the rest of the DZ minis I still want) and the 1/3 dolls I want... hahaha.

I'll admit there was also some "doubt" that started growing for the first couple of days that I waited after my order was processed to DZ. But looking at how versatile his sculpt was from actual owner pics and doing face mockups and just deciding on how I wanted him to look (and other DZ minis) I felt more reassured. I'm sure I'll be happy with him. ^^ I'll probably never forget how long it took me to decide either >_>.

I still want the DIM Ace, but not so much his body....

4. I really wish there were user pics of Ria, he seems fairly versatile, but I want to take him in a totally different direction than the stock pics so I'm still not sure how well it will work.

5. My first doll, not so much. I got into the hobby when pretty much the only thing was Volks and custom artist dolls. I was torn between the Nana and Sara heads, but saw an incredible SD13 Sara in an EGL bible and that swayed me in her favor. I couldn't be happier!! My second doll took a good 8 months to decide. I knew I wanted a new girl, but wasn't bowled over by anything Volks had available at that time. I had my heart set on getting an Custom House to go with my roomie's girl -- but also wanted a little elf girl. It took forever, but I finally landed on DELF Soo. I <3 her so much!

Now I want my third doll and it's impossible! There are so many companies and so many good sculpts. >_< By the time I decide, the ones I like will probably be discontinued!

6. With the first, when I first started to fall in love with BJDs a few years ago I don't even know how many I looked at and lusted after. o_0 I do have 3 that I originally fell in love with though (T.Too & Bee-a and my Abadon). I really loved my AOD's faceup that he came with and I still think he was a great choice for a first doll and still spoil him. ^_^

It's become infinetly harder after the first... Now it's 'prioritizing' the wishlist and I don't know who's more important! (of course it doens't help that I keep adding to said list... -_-) So now it's really 5th and so on doll indecision!

7. I first wanted one about two years ago after seeing them at a Con...I pretty much decided SD girl...but this year is year of the doll. And totally went 180 degrees and decided on a boy...then researched, reserached research in what limited access to DoA (was waiting to become a member) and other websites.
      When I made up my mind...I saw a DZ Fox on a local marketplace (Fairieground) and fell in love.
      I have my orginal SD boy on order and another boy (70cm+) on layaway...then decided to get a "cheapie" YoSD which is in the post....to tide me over.

My limitations are price sadly.

I'm still looking for the "right" type of SD girl but I found an MSD one I really like but I have to put money aside. I'm glad I'm on DoA now as I get to see owner pics to help me along the way.

Sorry all my blathering cover what I really want to say...basically my first was a complete Whimsy

8. Memememe. I'm naturally really indecisive (because I'm always afraid of making the wrong decision when it's a super big one or involves a lot of money). I started with Bambi crony because it was the very first bjd site I came across (due to a friend)... I wanted a Gun for YEARS.

Then when I finally decided to jump in, I did a lot of research. I decided I wanted a 10-13" tiny. I saw Custom House was having a sale. At that point I was drifting toward a Ange Uri or Gaby because the pricetag was better and I saw the cutest little owner photos of those two, but I decided against it and kept looking. I must have went through every tiny between those sizes in the tiny spreadsheet. Eventually I came upon Fairyland and went head first into obsession. Even though they were 'expensive' I couldn't resist (I was new to the hobby and cringing over the price tags.... I only had a measly part time job so it was A LOT to me.) The faces were adorable, they were the perfect size, and were KING of posing. Finally I found my company.

Then I started looking at sculpt. At first I disliked Ante...what a different looking doll. I was so used to the porcelain doll look of the custom house kids. Fat button nose, pouty lips, big eyes, pudgy cheeks. But I could NOT get her out of my head....and eventually it turned into absolute love. I saw owner photos that just CLICKED. I adored her.

But even at the point of ordering I was between two- Ante and Bisou... because I wanted both and everyone around me kept voting for Bisou. I went and got the Ante, though, because I knew I loved her more than anything. In my research, she had developed a character in my head and I had to have her. Now I have her in my hands and I know it was the right decision.... she's everything I could have hoped for and then some. (But Bisou WILL be coming soon ^^)

9. I fell in love with YoSD Kuuta, HARD. being the noob I was i assumed as a limited he would be impossible to find, and settled after much searching on a cherishdoll alley. I have never had a cherishdoll alley, i had all my money saved when a cute little kuuta named mogi nearly fell into my lap. Indecision solved.

I have however had indecisions on nearly every doll since then

10. I had my heart set on a Dollzone Mo for months but ended up getting a Angel Region Ren instead at the last moment XDXD
      Don't regret the change of heart at all though :D

11. I never had a problem with my first... It was because of just one particular mold that made me jump into the whole BJD band wagon. If not for him, I would've never considered getting one. But the wait was a PAAAAIIIN. 4 years of saving up and waiting was definitely worth it though. :)

12. At first I couldn't decide either- I was changing my mind every other hour. Then I saw the Iplehouse Chase... needless to say it was love at first sight. I knew this model would be perfect for coaxing my longtime OC, Trance, out of the dark depths of my mind into a lovely resin-y reality. I'm determined to work and save as much as I can for as long as it takes to get Trance out of my head and into my hands. (':

After Trance.. I need to find a sculpt perfect for his (would-be) girlfriend (he likes her, she likes him, everyone sees it but them. XD) Rave and I shall be content (for a while!). ^^ <3

13. My first doll, I waffled for weeks on end. price wasn't a factor in my decision (funny that, I really didn't care how much it cost, if I thought it was the doll for me). But I could not for the life of me DECIDE. At one point I had a list of 22 dolls that I thought I NEEDED. I finally just bit the bullet and ordered the one I thought I liked best.

However, I can't give a happy 'my first doll was love' story. She arrived to me with a broken foot, already setting me up for disaster since this was my first doll and I knew NO ONE who collected them. And I then had to face that she and I just didn't.."click". Eventually I realized it was because girl dolls and I just do not go well together (unless they're tinies, and even then my feelings are iffy. I have my 2 little girls, and that's the limit). Now my first BOY doll, THAT was love. I knew what company I wanted, and which sculpts took my breathe away the most. I have never looked back after buying my first boy. ...I've only added more and more.

14. I stumbled upon this hobby from a article on SOOM in Hautedoll magazine as I was purusing the racks killing time at a local pharmacy. I seriously almost dropped the magazine I was so shocked by how beautiful Topaz and Amber were. I think it was love at first sight! I put the magazine back and left, only to turn right around a few minutes later to buy it and obsession ensued lol. So I stalked there website, joined DOA and learned as much about BJD's as I could. And even though I love some other companies: Peakswoods, Fairyland, Souldoll and Bambicrony to list a few, my heart just melted when I saw Breccia released. She was perfect for me and I loved her even more than the previous MD's. I seriously think she was meant to be, because had I not seen that magazine months ago I would still be in the dark to these beautiful dolls, but instead I am currently impatiently waiting for her to arrive.

15. First I had, yes. I'm still sort of happy that the first doll I tried to order didn't go through. (The people who would order her from the company for me broke communication and I never heard from them about it again...) After that I started searching again, the doll I had chosen still wasn't just THAT what I wanted. I was being awfully picky. Then I came across Crobidoll's Yeon-Ho and I felt like being smacked by something. He was just IT, he looked exactly like my most loved oc and I never regretted buying him.

16. the first one is the one that i fall in love in one second ever since i saw his pic the first time . that As hua xi XDDD. but i still changed mind for a moment , in order to find the doll in that pic where i can get him how to play with him etc, i reach for lots of company and saw lots of guys, but finally i still love him the best . then for the second one it's for get the lover for my hua xi, i still chooseing a lot. so the rest of them a just the one i too love to not to get them = =

17. ahah, looking back at the post I made in December makes me giggle. I never did buy E-an, and I now know I never will. The character I created specifically for that doll ended up changing to the point that she requires a new mold now lol

My first doll ended up being a Soom Ai. When I saw her promo pictures on the Soom website, I just knew that I would regret it forever if I missed her.

18. I do have tiny little problem when picking my first BJD but since I'm totally sure that I would only want them to be from DOD, it did narrow down the options by a lot.

When I was deciding, they just released Code No.02, and I wanted it so badly. But after some consideration, calculation and analysing, I end up getting Tender Too and Bee-A. To be honest, it wasn't in my expectation at all that I'll be picking them (I was thinking about I may change my mind to Ducan, Sha, Zen or Lahoo). The time that I came across Tender Too and Bee-A was when my friend told me she needed a sample picture to draw the characters I wrote in a story.

Somehow, as time goes by, I grew more fond of Tender Too and Bee-A and decided to get them first and not Code No.02. And now, even though they're not shipped yet, I still think I did the right choice and grateful. Still, Code No.02 will always be in my wishlist.

19. I, too, experienced my first of many moments of indecision when selecting my first doll - at the time I had a limited price range, and had settled on a Dollzone mini, but found myself torn between Megi and Mo. In the end, it was those DZ default pics of the first Megi they released standing wearing nothing but a white fur wig that convinced me to go with Megi. Doesn't matter, considering I ended up getting a Mo not long after, xD.

20. Yes - I did a lot of research about doll companies, feedback, prices, sizes, clothing and stuff since I really had no idea what to get first since I wanted so many! Ever since I set my eyes on these dolls I knew I wanted one, but I just wasn't sure which one... I think I changed my mind so many times I can't even remember...! I'm soo indecisive, but in the end, I'm happy with the choices I've made thus far. :)