1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

First Doll Indecision?

Dec 12, 2009

1. I made up my mind pretty easily for my first. It's my second I'm torn over!

I'm really torn between a SOOM Violet and an Impldoll Christoper (huuuuge difference, I know!) I lurve them both so much. I do already have a character in mind for the Christoper, and I love the SD size. However, Violet is too cute to say no to, and I've wanted one for longer.

gaaaaah

2. My first doll I wanted to model after an RPG-like character from a story a friend and I had done when I was in elementary (it actually lasted all the way up through high school so I really love this character :lol: ). I went through an Angel of Dream Zi Yuan and I was kind of looking at another one until I stumbled upon the DollZone Cherry. ^^ I've loved her ever sense lolz. Although... it hasn't even been a month but I knew she was the one as soon as I opened the box. :D

3. I had SUCH a hard time deciding! My friend introduced me to the hobby years ago and frankly I was a little creeped out by BJDs at first. Eventually I started looking at other sculpts and realized that it was just that I didn't like some of her dolls. I fell in love with almost every single sculpt at DoD and ended up looking at their site pretty obsessively as I got more and more sure I wanted to buy a doll. Then I discovered that several of my other friends were also interested in the hobby and they introduced me to other companies. I moved away from DoD and ended up falling in love with a number of sculpts in all sizes. For a number of reasons, MSD/MNF size is best for me and once I saw Fairyland's site, I was hooked on MNF Shushu. Now I'm planning to order her along with a Pukisha for my first and second dolls :D

4. I dunno if I've replied to this, but here goes. xD

When I first started out, I only knew about three or four sites, and chose from there. I had to choose between a DoC Yu and Si. It's funny, because I had such a hard time deciding, and ended up with them both. xD [[Not at the same time, but I loved them both so much, I needed them! >D]] I bought Yu, first, though. I had no idea what I wanted for him at the time, and was just so scatter-brained about the entire thing, but now I've learned to actually calm down and watch what I'm doing when ordering dolls and deciding. x3

5. Hah. xD When I first started, I wanted a Luts El and Lishe (Together, they're very close to my name). Then an Elfdoll Wu. Then Elfdoll came out with K, and it was love at first teaser pic. <3

6. I just use a few seconds to decide buying my first doll, im quite a crazy personXD

7. I'm actually debating over my first doll while fiddling my thumbs as I wait for money to deposit.

At first, I was really keen on geting DoB Arie. But I really wanted a tan baby.... then I found the BC tan Marion.... then the Dollmore tan Vian girl who is taller than i want but still...

decisions, decisions....

8. No. I looked through literally every company I could find, and then went to ebay to search some more. I saw a B&G Tasia (I didn't know about the B&G company because I was very new and have no friends who are into these things) and instantly fell in love with her sad, sweet eyes. Every thing else that I had vaguely considered that I MIGHT want was nixed and I placed the order for her, the very same day. A few weeks ago, when I saw a Zaoll Luv for the first time, I had the exact same reaction, and I plan on buying her as soon as I have the money.

I don't know if you'd call me indecisive or decisive because, I did go through countless dolls before settling on my B&G, but at the same time, the second I saw her, there was no hesitation. I was getting this doll and that was that.

9. Mmm, I can't decide if I want a tall arrogant beautiful man, or a lovely demure lady. Aaahh, it's so hard to decide what I really want. I keep seeing my friends get dolls, and I get to play with them but I don't necessarily get to do just everything I want with them. When I finally get one of my very own who can be anything I want, how can I decide which to go with?

10. I really can't decide on my first doll and I've even asked my friends if I should get one doll or the other.

11. I'm working on the second doll, and still find valid reasons to want two different dolls. ><

12. When I'm torn over several sculpts, I usually go for the one that's more difficult to obtain first. XD A basic release usually will be there in the longterm regularly versus a limited or artist sculpt.

13. I am and still indecisive.

14. i couldn't decide between an Elfdoll Red and DOD DOT Camine. i went for Camine purely because he was cheaper as i kjnew i would get both one day, but unfortunatly, Elfdoll is closed down now DX

15. I'm at this phase right now, but I'm generally an indecisive person. I've spent the last several days just obsessing over different ones. Chances are I'll only ever get one so I want to make a good choice without breaking the bank.

I have a name and style and size in mind, it's just a matter of finding the right face, which is pretty hard.

At this point LUTS Soony seems to be in the lead (thanks to some great photo in the gallery here). She's versatile, and not as expensive as some of the others I've been looking at. It doesn't help that I have a new CC burning in my pocket...

16. I'm also an incredibly indecisive person. I guess I know that for me the first doll will be the deciding factor about whether I jump headlong into this hobby and stay there or turn tail and run away. I feel like I'm thinking way too much on it. I'm concerned about price (though right now I can afford any doll I truly want, but I'll have to save up for other dolls in the future), and that's been the biggest downer for me. All the dolls I love are in the $500 range, or more. I just can't seem to fall in love with any smaller or cheaper dolls---all the sculpts i love are for larger and more expensive dolls. I like the sculpts on DOD the best, with LUTS sculpts coming in at a close second. I don't want to settle for a bobobie or other cheaper doll just because I want a doll. I'd rather get the beautiful ones i love or not get any at all. *sigh*

17. I Did a lot of research and ended up literary stalking soom dolls o-o I even lay awake from all the dolls I've seen at night because I've just seen too much. First one is definately going to be a soom doll, and male :3 a tad expensive, but their perfection disbands any regreth in the future

18. For a long time i was going in between decisions... I really wanted a delf from luts, but it would be tons and tons of money.... so i would two dolls that were about $200 dollars less, but i didnt LOVE them. one had too light eyebrows, and one had elf ears.... but i decided it would be more worth it to get the one i really loved.... so yeah, but not quite like what you were talking about.

19. The doll that made me make up my mind on buying one was LoongSoul's JingLing. I told myself that I should probably look around more before making my final decision and ended up with a list of 17 different dolls.

In the end, I picked Ringdoll's Don.
      Funny part is that I crossed him off my list when I was narrowing it down lol

20. I had a similar, but slightly different problem. I liked two dolls, but could only get one. I was torn between Souldoll Tarot Card 18. Leira and 5stardoll Lura.
      I did a lot of research into both companies, trying to find out feedback for both companies and things.
      In the end I picked 5stardoll Lura, not because she was cheaper, but because I thought she was prettier...and didn't want one as big as Souldoll Leira.