1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

First Doll Indecision?

Dec 12, 2009

1. Yes yes yes!! That's exactly what happened to me! Well, pretty much, anyway. I found Crobidoll, and all of the other boys fell by the wayside. :sweat

I'm so in love with Nia right now, and can afford him, but I've held off on buying so far. Have I thought it through enough? What clothes would I buy for him? Will I love him just as much after a few months? Can I really take care of one of these things?? I don't know if I'm going to get more dolls after this, so I feel like I need my first to be absolutely perfect.

Also, I've known about BJDs for a while now, but only just got into them myself, so sometimes I worry that I'm jumping in too fast. Some people spend YEARS choosing and saving up for a doll... They have character names and back stories planned out, and they're just waiting to "shell" their new friend.

So, it feels somewhat reckless and inconsiderate to even think of buy Nia only a few days after finding him... especially without a story or even a potential name!

But, at the same time... his beautiful eyes keep calling to me... "Take me home."

I WANT TO TAKE YOU HOME, NIA. JUST HOLD ON A LITTLE LONGER. :...(

2. I feel like I would be more decisive if I could buy my doll right away xD Saving gives me too much time to look around! I am pretty sure I will get a Dollmore kid. It is probably just as well I can't afford an SD or I would never choose.

3. I've having indecision like no one's business.
      I got into the hobby and DoA at the same time, so I'm constantly changing my mind on what I want!
      I have my heart set on luts dahlia, but I'm always bouncing back and forth between soom and dream of doll. I keep coming back to her in the end, though, so I'm sure she'll be the one I settle on. :D
      Bad news is that I've just discovered zuzu delfs.. so now I want to spend what I have saved for a full-sized doll on a little guy.
      There's just no end! xD

4. I'm constantly dithering between BBB Feng and BBB Long. But, at the moment I'm stuck on Long, because I like the elfie ears x3

5. I've been having first doll indecision for a year! I've been interested in BJDs for a long time, but the spring before last I really got into it and I was looking into buying a doll. But then a lot of things came up like surprise medical bills and broken cars and I just didn't feel like I could splurge on a doll. But I worked my butt off this summer and I'm starting a new job this Monday so I'm finally able to get my doll! Now what to get. I have looked at so many dolls! @_@ I was going to go for something a bit lower priced, but the dolls I really like aren't so I've decided that I should get something I really want rather than something that I've settled for. I had finally decided on a Luts SSDF Harmony, but then this thread brought me about to Elfdoll Soah and I completely fell in love with her head sculpt. I'm hoping to snag one second hand since she is retired, though I still do like Harmony quite a bit! Perhaps one day I'll have both. :3

6. I don't think I had indecison, just weird luck. I decided on gender first, then size, then chose a company that had a body I liked. I did it that way because I knew I was going to have boy girl fraternal twins and it seems to me that choosing both dolls from the same company insures a better match without having to go with the exact same mold. I picked Luts and that's where my troubles began. Un beknownst to me, my friend who already had dolls bought from Luts. I spent hours looking at the faces and finally chose ANI. The next time I saw him I prouldy exclaimed that I had made my choice and was informed that he also had ANI. Now, I know they would have looked different with different faceups and hair, but I just couldn't stand for copying him. So I went and looked again. By this time I had somehow managed to decide that my boy would be a BORY, of course that would be easy since I wouldn't have him for a while. On my second attempt I chose MOCHA and proceeded to give her my heart and soul. The very next day My friend told me that I should go back to Luts and look because HODOO had just been released and was a much better twin to BORY. I made the mistake of looking. I felt like a terrible person for abandoning MOCHA, but what's a girl to do. So I was decided, but fate had other plans. I ordered her immediately so that my mind wouldn't have time to be changed again.

7. My first took a few companies and several molds, as well as my swapping the character I wanted as my first doll several times before finally coming to a decision.

8. I do lots of research everytime before I buy a doll, I don't like selling my dolls so they're there to last.
      The only doll I bought on impulse was Volks Okita2, he just clicks in.

9. Let's see, the first doll I ever really attempted to order was a Souldoll Tiny (I didn't make it past the shipping calculation, though*_*). Then, when I started looking at dolls again it was a Souldoll Gisele, a Fairyland Eliya, and finally an AE Jiao Jr (first doll ordered, but she hasn't arrived yet). I still want a Souldoll Tiny head, though.:whee:

10. My first BJD was one Nabiya natural skin. I falled in love with her. Now I believe I should have searched a little bit more. Not that I not like her, but there are others dolls that make my heart beat stronger.

11. The one I wanted as my first doll was a limited edition from Iple house and she sold out the day I decided I'd save for her. Then I switched to a set of twins again expensive and limited, they still haven't sold out but I doubt I will be able to get them...then I found my dream doll.....Doll Family Lingfeng <3 Once I have him he shall be named Martin Feng (Mars for short)

12. I started out wanting an Iplehouse doll, and boy was I indecisive on which one. I started out loving the basics, then wanted the limited ones, then back to the basics, different sizes and all that. And what did I end up with? A Dream of Doll Si! It was like love at first sight when I went on the DoD website and saw his pictures. I still want Iplehouse dolls, but I knew I had to have that doll as soon as I saw him. He had to be the first.

I doubt my indecision will ever end, as I'm still not sure who will be my second doll.

13. I can't decide between a Pipos Demon, and a Souldoll Lappy. ;_; Keep going back and forth and back and forth and wondering "should I maybe consider something else altogether?". There are many, many more dolls than that that I want, haha, but it's still between those for my first, I think. Demon seems much more, I don't know, my "style" and my sort of personality, and he's more suited to the sorts of clothing I want to try to make, but I've really fallen in love with the Lappy doll body despite not generally liking that type of face on dolls.
      And I feel weirdly bad for not quite wanting a Bao as my first priority now...that was the first bjd I ever saw and went "OMG want", a couple of years ago. I was photoshopping faceup plans, and kept going back to the Pipos site to stare and sigh, but never bought one. And for some reason now I just don't feel the same way...I don't think I like the redesigned bodies with more joints in the torso, even though it makes no sense not to?

14. I switched between a fair number of different companies and sculpts while deciding on a doll. Then, the first day I got access to the marketplace, I impulse bought a Volks MSD F-06... I hadn't been considering a Volks doll at all! It worked out, and now they're one of my favorite companies. As far as the others go, I've given up trying to anticipate what doll I will buy. I generally know them the moment I see them.

15. 8 years and I'm still having trouble deciding!

When I first discovered BJDs, I randomly stumbled across Luts website. and I fell in love with MNF Shushu. so I stared at her, begged my mother and then forgot about the bjds for some time, or more like avoided them, knowing my mother didn't want to buy me one and I'd just be torturing mysel. came back and the MNFs were gone :o to fairyland but I did not know that haha xD anyway, so I fell in love with delf Lishe. and I was into her for a long time and also finally found Shushu as well, so as I was deciding between them for YEARS, I did get into other dolls, but not for long, always found my way back to luts somehow, I started to notice that I wasn't that into the whole anime-ish look of their face, but then some time SDF Harmony was introduced and I immediately fell in love with her. unfortunately I prefer the delf body over the SDF body and looking for similar size bodies that have matching resin, still I favoured the SDF one, although I was not that into the mature look of it. And to this day I think I may regret buying her if I do, because of the body, tho I assume it would be covered up most of the time and it poses nicely, so that is great, but still, I'm worried I'll regret it and money is very tight atm anyway so I might as well wait another year or two. The minute I saw her, I knew she was the one and then I saw the body, but her face is just so.... sooo perfect. when I haven't stalked her pictures for a long time and suddenly go look, I literally get butterflies hahaha xD!! and what if while I wait for my financial situation to better and another awesome doll will come along x_x It's a vicious circle :(

16. whelp to update my indesicion, I loved Dollfamily Ling feng, but when i saw my friends Resinsoul Long I HAD to have him! He is now my first, I spent tons of time trying to decide who his wife would be and i had settled on a Little Monica Yuria, but hen I saw an AOD Zi Yuan at a meet and once again HAD to have her!!!! XDDDD

17. My indecision was relatively short lived. For the past year I've been looking at dolls and I've been going back and forth- Luts Honey Delf Muffin- no wait Taffy! No wait, how about Ani?! Ugh! And then I stepped away for awhile (busy at school) and then I come back and find Bobobie March on Junky Spot. Fell in love. I was decided. That was it, she was perfect! So, I finally got Marketplace access on here and I was poking around the Tiny forum, seeing what people were selling. Then, I went into the Mini forum just to see what I could see. And there she was - DZ Fei, in my price range. I clicked out of curiosity more or less, looked at the picture and fell in love. She was the one.

Now, she's on her way here. And I can't stop bragging about it. XD I'm still planning on getting the BBB March, eventually, and later on others. But she's a perfect first doll for me. &#9829;