1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

First doll you fell in love with?

Jul 16, 2016

1. Loongsoul Haotian!

2. Elfdoll Rita for me. She was the first one I fell in love with and the first one I bought. To this day I still feel relieved that I didn't wait any longer than I did to order her, since very shortly after I got her Elfdoll discontinued all their sculpts.

3. During my early years of looking through the bjd hobby I fell in love with Minifees. Can't blame you for falling in love with Chloe! She is such a beauty and a very versatile doll. I think you can create any character with her, whether it is a human or a fantasy-related persona.

4. I love all Iplehouse dolls but I fell in love with this girl. She's Yur, Iplehouse E.I.D. I really love her face and her body. The sculpt is so natural :blush

5. I fell in love with Dollzone Zo first. Since then, 2/5 of my collection has become Dollzone. Although, he first doll I fell absolutely head over heels for was Ringdoll 2011 Frankenstein.

6. I only found BJDs in 2013....while browsing the web I came across Martha Boer's site, Antique Lilac, and saw her Kaye Wiggs girls. It was love at first sight! I would have liked a Hope but came along too late for that. Luckily I was able to get SK Layla (my avatar), the last of the Layla sculpt preorders. She's still my favourite; she has the sweetest face <3 Currently my favourite is Meadow Dolls fair Patti....arrived a few weeks ago and has become my little ray of sunshine.

7. I knew I liked fairyland and browsing their sculpts I fell absolutely in love with Celine and a year and a half later I ordered my Lucinda

8. I think the first bjd I really fell in love with was Soom's first Beryl release. There just hadn't been anything like it before and while I already had my first bjds by then Beryl became my holy grail. Then soom released Amber and I loved her face even more then Beryl's but I never was a fan of Amber's hard to pose legs. At the time I just couldn't afford any dolls from soom so they were an unobtainable goal. Now years later I have my amber head on beryl body hybrid and couldn't be happier. My love of that face and body never changed :D

9. I discovered BJDs back in 2001. I was a big fan of Aimee Major's art and watched her page. I saw the link "dolls" there, was curious, and checked it out. Immediately, I was smitten by her Unoa Lusis and decided to do some digging. It wasn't until 2007 that I purchased my first BJD, a BlueFairy Tommy. I still have yet to get my hands on a Unoa Lusis, but I'm hoping to in the near future. Fingers crossed!

10. The doll I wanted first before I really got into the hobby is one I still want, a LUTS Senior Abadon uvu

11. For a long time, I wasn't actually sure. I just knew it was a 60cm-ish male elf, because that was the moment when I realized that BJDs could be things other than frilly lolita (human) girls! However, a couple of days ago, I found the magazine with the ad featuring him in it: Volks F-31 on the SD-13 boy body.

I didn't love him enough to get over his pricing, though, and filed things away until nearly a year later when I found the first one I truly loved, at the opposite end of the spectrum (Bobobie Sprite on a male body). Seeing him again now, he doesn't quite fit my preferred doll style (or size, most of my collection is minis and tinies), but I'm glad I saw him and realized there could actually be the right doll out there for me somewhere.

12. Pretty much Atelier Momoni, before her I didn't even want to get into the hobby. But DAMN YOU LOLA(not literally) for creating such a pretty doll. I knew it was only a matter of time until I would get hooked on it. I saw someone posting about the Momonis that are coming out and I knew I needed her.

The doll itself is pretty expensive, but each and every penny is worth it for me :...(

13. I don't own any BJD's yet but I am in love with Luts Super Senior Delf Grit :love I've noticed I'm picky with face sculpts and I like a fine combination of happy and mysterious and he's just that. Although I'll probably never get him hes so expensive :( But he'll always be my first love :chibi

14. Dollfie Dream Fate T. Harlaown. I fell hard just from blurry Volks News scans, and she pushed me from just admiring dolls to actually wanting one.

I still don't have her, but oddly I did already get her girlfriend Nanoha. Maybe next tax return. . .

15. Gaby from Ai doll aka Custom house. She was very frist doll that I have <3<3

16. Dollzone DEMI-2, now unfortunatley discontinued. I loved everything from that mischivious look she had to the frilly outfit and bunny mask.

17. Doll Leaves Amara

I know the doll is already cheap not to have but I just can't seem to buy her for some reason but I would really love to bring her home one day.

18. The first doll I fell in love with was Crobidoll Marisol.

19. I think the first doll I fell in love with was Soom Chalco.

20. The first doll I fell in love with is actually the first doll I ended up owning (and still own). It was Cerberus Project's Delf Moon. At the time I was trying to find ways to represent original characters I had been writing. I'd been commissioning artwork but when I stumbled onto Luts and saw the Moon...He /was/ my main character I'd been writing at the time. I can't count how many times I went back to Luts to stare at him, so sure I would never get to actually own him. He was pretty much a dream transaction when it did happen. I ordered from Luts in April 2007 (full doll + face up) and he arrived in a month. Best box opening EVER.