1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

First doll you fell in love with?

Jul 16, 2016

1. The 1st BJD I truly, deeply, madly fell in love with is my Avatar boy David Kuncci. I have a few others, but since Dollshe was having 30% off I bought him again & 2 pair of shoes..... Sigh..... What was I thinking to buy him again...?

2. The very first BJD i saw as from Dream of Doll. They lead me onto my journey of trying to find out what they were, how i could get my hot little hands on one etc. But the first doll i saw and was instantly infatuated with him was a Soom Dia :shudder.
      I know that this sculpt is very popular and wasn't aware of that at the time as i was a complete nub, but boy even now i swoon over his sculpt. I've even thought about buying him in other resin colours :doh

3. I first discovered BJDs through a Volks catalog in 2003-- I was making a custom 1/6 doll for my wife for Christmas and there was a Sweet Dreams Lucas in the catalog that came with the blank Dollfie body I ordered. I didn't realize that they were so big and made of resin! I just thought they were a different kind of the 1/6 Volks Dollfies. Really, really expensive ones.

After learning more about ABJDs my first major (and enduring) doll crush was Volks Isao, the first Tokyo Boys edition. But no way could we afford him! We'd just moved cross country and were still just scraping by, and he was a Volks limited commanding crazy aftermarket prices. We fell hard for Customhouse Jin, in the priest outfit, but simply couldn't afford him, either. Hound was a glorious dream. But we eventually had to admit that we didn't have the money or the space for big dolls. We were sharing an apartment with roommates and money was tight.

But in 2005 we found Angel Region, and sweet little Present Ren stole our hearts away. He was MSD-sized and perfect, as far as we were concerned. Aramis Diderot and his sister Amandine (a basic ren) were our first dolls. That's Aramis in my icon. <3 and here's how he looks these days:
      [​IMG]

We thought we might get three dolls, tops. In eleven years we've..... gotten a few more than that. Including bigger ones! though I think 45cms are our favorite size, still.

I still don't have an Isao! ^_^; Though I will always love his squishy face. Maybe someday. (There's one on Mandarake...) But I do have a Lucas/old f28, and Rens are still a problem for us. We just scooped up three off the marketplace.

4. I fell in love with Iplehouse Chase yeaaaars ago, when I was but a wee 7th grader.
      Looking back at him now, 8 years later, I honestly don't see why I was so smitten.

Tastes have changed I guess -- I'm glad I never bought him!

5. Dollmore Bella Auden. Not sure if it was the very very first, but that's the earliest one I can remember! :)

6. Luts Delf Jun Ha. Nowadays I don't like how he looks, but his promotional pictures always makes my heart beat faster

7. I loved my DoC H. Kirill and my CP SS EL. these were my first dolls and although I love them dearly the first time I truly fell in love and felt like I really really needed to get my hands on a doll was when I saw the Breakaway model from Luts.

I managed to get the second version but it was different and it dissapointed me so i sold it, but even now I still feel like I am in need of getting a proper Breakaway in my crew.

8. Mine was the Blue Blood Doll Waltz :D <3

9. I think it was Dream of Doll's Homme Ducan. Overall I really loved DoD's dolls and it got me into bjds.

10. Ringdoll Shao! Back when Featherfall was still around, they had a booth in the dealers hall at an anime convention I regularly attended, and had some in stock dolls on display there . There was just something about him that made me know instantly that he was exactly the right doll for me. He became my first doll 2 months later thanks to layaway! :D

11. She was my first love, too! And I have one now! Well, I have a head, and I put her on a Guu body. Still deciding whether that's the best body for her. I'm playing around with her this weekend. :) She's just such a lovely sculpt, isn't she?

12. Iplehouse Aaliyah. She is my grail

13. Iplehouse Soo-Ri and Ryushin, pretty much simultaneously. I saw one of them on someone's deviantart and googled around until I found the Iplehouse website, then had the kind of sticker shock you'd expect of a teenager with no job :sweat I never got either of them, though I have three Iplehouse JIDs now. My first doll ended up being Dream of Doll Si (my avatar and the first non-Iplehouse doll I ever fell for) and I still love him to bits <3

14. The very first doll I fell in love with was BB Jing by Dollzone. I did manage to get the fullest. That was almost 10 years ago and I still have him.

15. I had many dolls and floating heads before actually falling in love with one... In the end, when I got my secondhand Neo-AngelRegion iMDA Monika, it was love at first sight. :D She is by far the doll I am most inspired and excited to work on and play with. Just talking about her, I wanna hold & snuggle her! :aheartbea

16. The first doll I fell in love with...was probably Volks Nana (four sisters), although I've loved a lot of Volks sculpts, Nana was one of the first dolls I had seen before joining the hobby!

17. pygmaliondoll ha and rsdoll evan, and both of them are with me right now:D

18. I think the MNF Chloe or Shushu were the first BJDs I've seen, and I absolutely fell in love with the sculpt when I saw them. I still want them.

19. OrientDoll DAE Cheong, one of the first more mature looking MSDs I had ever seen. I don't know if I would still buy her today, though I do think she's cute.