1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

First look at KDoll Khan

Jul 12, 2006

1. No prob, guys! (: I hope you'll all post your handsome lads here too~

I'm going to try fur wigs on him too, as soon as I have some more spare time ^_^

2. Has anyone tried the Khan head on another body yet?

3. I only tried him on the newest Distant Memory/Nobility body, but didn't take pictures. I'll try to do some swaps this weekend, hopefully (: But I can already anticipate the fact that his head is really big. Not Volks-ish big, but in height. His face is pretty large too, compared to other 8-9 heads like SOOM. He looked a bit bobblehead (for my taste) on the DM/NB body already, but maybe more massive 65cm bodies will look better (: My final goal is to put him on an Iplehouse nYID body~~ His measurements are very similar, even nYID being a lot shorter. But really, it's only a matter of taste XD I'm just too picky about it, haha~

4. I got a shipping notice today! :D

5. Guys I forgot to tell you that I ordered Khan's head too, I got my shipping notice yesterday, can't wait!

6. My Khan head is almost home … only has to make its way from Frankfurt to Hamburg yet. :)

7. Congrats, you two! Please post pics of your handsome men when they arrive ^_^

8. Thanks, chubi!
      My Khan has just arrived! He is absolutely beautiful, even nicer than expected. Here's his BO!

9. Evie, when you said he was almost home I didn't realize it would be that quick! Congrats on your new boy and thanks for sharing his box opening.
      Oh, and I'm looking forward to him getting a body. hehe

10. chai_fiend, Thank you! I didn't think he would arrive this fast! He was a lot faster than his tracking … *g* Which body are you considering for your Khan?

11. evie the kid, he's handsome! The white color is so lovely, a true paper white it seems?

My guy arrived as well! I apologize for the awful phone picture but I was trapped at work forever today! I'm hoping I'll get some nicer pictures and some size comparisons tomorrow. Anyway! Here is Dmitri!

[​IMG]

He's almost exactly as tall as my SSDF, and he's wearing SSDF clothes at the moment. His shoulders might be slightly narrower than SSDF? His hips are definitely narrower, the SSDF trousers are baggy! He has in 14mm glass eyes. I did notice that the default faceup doesn't have any gloss on it! Otherwise it's very nice. The wig is also through KDoll (listed as Monodee) and quite lovely. And I got some of the Oscar's Mirror Eyes, for another doll, and they are the bomb. I don't know that I've been this completely satisfied with a box opening in a while! ;)

12. Evie - Oh, I'm actually getting the full doll. But I'm always interested in hybrids and seeing how they work out. :)
      By the way, I'm glad you also have a Kill_U. I'm thinking of buying a Kasis head from a friend and I was curious how Khan compares with the other Kdoll heads.

Snowgray, your awful phone picture is really not so bad! Dmitri's looking pretty handsome.

Is any one thinking about getting jointed hands for their Khan?

13. Thank you, chai_fiend! Also, I'm not thinking of jointed hands (though recently I have seen some in person and they were really fun!), but I do need to get some of those just-balls-on-hooks things for clothes changing. I strung him with spare Delf girl hands to put his shirt on, which was pretty preposterous! ;)

I put a few more pictures in the Gallery! Also has accidental resin comparison with Volks. And so here is one more of Dmitri!
      [​IMG]

14. chai_fiend: That's cool, the K-Doll body looks very good.
      Khan looks like a big brother of the other K-Doll heads. Kasis is a gorgeous head, I've painted on a while ago.

snowgray: Dmitri is so cool! I like the name, it suits him. I don't have a name for my boy yet, I think I'll wait until he's got his body. Jointed hands would be nice, but I don't know any company that sells jointed hands in paper white resin.

And just for fun:
      [​IMG]
      K-Doll Khan by eviexm, on Flickr

15. This is something that exists?! I've been out of the hobby for a while... Who sells them?

16. snowgray - that's what I was wanting my boy to look like! :) I knew I should have gotten the wig... but I really couldn't afford him as it was. lol

evie the kid - I LOVE how you did his lips! Very nice!

Finally, I took a few photos of my boy. No name yet.
      He's wearing SD-17 boots from Volks, M-line pants from Crobidoll (the top snap comes undone when he sits, of course), and a sleeveless Mecha Angel shirt. How's that for mixed up sizes?
      I was just trying things on hand, to see what might fit.

[​IMG]
      KDoll Khan by aernath, on Flickr

17. Huzzah, another Khan! Thanks for sharing him with us. Did the boots fit well? I'll be paying off my Khan in a few weeks and I should probably get some idea of what size clothes and shoes I should buy him...

18. Yup, fit fine to me: easy to put on, easy to take off... they do have zippers in back and buckles and laces in front, so adjusting is easy - though I didn't have to do any.

Yay! I hope your boy comes home soon! Did you get him with faceup, or will you do your own?