1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

First look at KDoll Khan

Jul 12, 2006

1. Thanks, chai_fiend and aernath! The light in my room is so weird and makes all of my dolls look kind of ethereal, I guess … ^^ I don't have a decent space to to pictures of my crew atm …

Hey, it seems I've been unaware of the elegant aspect of the space pjs until now. ;)

2. Your boy looks awesome, evie! ^_^ I'm also lovin' the space pj's, don't give up on it, hahaha~ XD

3. Christmas came early at my house; my Khan arrived this morning! It's going be a hot minute till I have time to post pics or do anything with him though.

4. Yay! Glad he made it safe and sound!

5. Thanks, chubi! I love this guy with and without space pjs!^^

Congratulations, chai_fiend. So your Khan is your start of a new era in the BJD hobby?

6. Yeah I sold all of my previous dolls a couple of years ago because I found myself drawn to more mature sculpts, or really odd ones as dolls branched away from the youthful, big-eyed, "anime" look. I love that Khan looks like a masculine, adult male.

7. Are there some posts missing in this thread? I remember seeing a beautiful picture as the last post here …

Anyway, I took Yurij out to a meet last Sunday …
      [​IMG]
      Dollmeet July 21st 2013 pt.1 by eviexm, on Flickr

8. evie, I love Yurij! His faceup turned out great. And his space pajamas! ;)

chai_fiend, how did your Khan turn out? I can't wait until you have time for pictures!

And Dmitri got some camera time the other day, because his little brother is finally put together. Dmitri is the bad kid in the family, at least until his littlest sister gets home from her faceup...

[​IMG]

9. Snowgray - He's still blank! I have clothes, eyes, a wig, and shoes that are way too big for him, but I haven't had the opportunity to do his faceup. Savannah is already always humid, but on top of that we've had the wettest summer in years. :(

10. Oh noes! That's rough. At least you have all his stuff ready? :sweat

11. snowgray - great to see Dmitri again, he's so handsome. He does have a little bad boy smirk, doesn't he? Well, I'm looking forward to see him with his sister, too …^^
      I got Yurij out of his space pajamas to turn them into a space suit. Hadn't had time yet though, too many face-up commissions …

chai_fiend - Oh, that's really hard. You must be quite eager to finish him … I'd still like to see him in his clothes and wig.^^ Has he got a name already?

12. Resurrecting this thread after searching didn't bring up what I'd like to know...
      Did anyone purchase skinny jeans for their Khan? I bought a pair from SADOL which offers a variety of sizes and the size I thought would fit after comparing measurements are still a bit too tight. His waist seems thin, but his thighs are massive. Any recommendations?

I also finally got my Khan together and snapped a quick photo on my instragrams to celebrate my triumph. http://instagram.com/p/jYDIfVTPl-/#

13. I did! Mine are Sadol, too, actually: this set, from Luts but manufactured by Sadol. Did you get SSDF size from them? So far my guy hasn't had any trouble fitting in any of my SSDF stuff, but SSDF is definitely bigger than SD17! Padgett looks so dramatic, I love it!

And here is Dmitri being a weirdo... ;)

[​IMG]

14. Snowgray - For some reason I thought SSDF would be too big so I didn't buy that size. I think it was because I bought SSDF shoes off the marketplace and they were made for horses... I'm about to make another SADOL order and now I know. Huzzah.

Haha, thanks. I've never done a faceup quite like this so it was a gamble, but I'm glad I went in that direction.

...What is Dmitri going to do with that cotton swab??? O__o

15. Well the dramatic look works for him! ;) And yay Sadol, their outfits are addictive. Dmitri has worn lots of Sadol SSDF stuff. I don't think I've put him in a suit jacket? But pretty much everything else.

And he's going to clean out his brother's ears. Because... of reasons? ;) He and his brother are based on my cats and cat-Dmitri had an ear infection when he was a kitten so now he regularly cleans his brother's ears out. Basically a long bad joke doll photostory ;)

16. That's precious. My family used to have two cats that were brothers (they have since passed away) who took care of each other like that. How cute!

17. Reviving the K-Doll thread with some Dmitri spam! ;)

[​IMG]

18. I want him so bad. :(

19. Hot glue sueded my boy who still lacks a name. But he nabbed some clothes that came in recently, so at least he's not starkers.

[​IMG]KDoll Khan by aernath, on Flickr

There just aren't very many of these guys out there, are there?