1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

FM-Anime Feedback (2010)

Feb 16, 2010

1. What did you order?
      #E39 BJD / SD Doll Hair Wig (Sky Blue)
      * When did you order?
      24/06/2010
      * How was the communication?
      Very Fast when I had a question
      * How easy was it to pay?
      Very Easy
      * How long did it take to ship?
      About a month since it was an out of stock Odd Color
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      It was a Great price
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      haha I think my computer made it lookmore neon, but But the color is still perfect
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes, the bangs were a little long for a minifee so I had to do some trimming but otherwise it fits perfectly, I'm Happy
      * Would you order from this company again?
      Yes, planning my next order as we speak (they're the only ones with the color I need and I love the feel of the wigs)
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      I WILL NOT buy any wigs second hand, just my own personal policy.

2. * What did you order?

Two wigs (change of color requested): SD size in Peru Gold.

* When did you order?

May 19, 2010

Poor. I received replies after sending an inquiry - at first it was within 24-48 hours, but more recently it took over a week. But I never received emails with status updates, explanations for the long delay, etc.

Easy with PayPal.

One of my wigs shipped after approx 84 days. The other, after 94 days. I did not have my complete order in hand until Day 101 (72 business days).

Needless to say, this was quite a frustrating, disappointing experience for me. I know FM Anime is not the manufacturer of these wigs, but the lack of updates only added to the stress. When I ordered I knew there would be a wait involved since I requested a change of wig color, but their site lists a wait time of 30-45 days. That's a big difference.

I want to stress that I do not mind waiting that long if there is adequate communication OR an accurate pre-order period publicized. Neither of these conditions were met in this case.

Quality? Yes. The color is vibrant and the fiber is smooth; easy to tame.

I should point out that I was under the impression that shipping was combined. Mine was not. Shipping cost $5 per wig for a total of $10 via airmail. At the time I ordered I was not aware it was per wig. I think this policy has changed since May, however.

For the most part. The color did not match the color chart, though.

Honestly? Not at all... but it's difficult for me to separate the product from the transaction.

The wigs themselves are beautiful, but there were a lot of loose strings that I had to remove. The one has a ribbon that is sewn into the fiber as opposed to the wigcap, which is something I was not expecting. The color is vivid but not really true to the color chart; in person it looks more like strawberry blond than the brownish blond I thought it would be.

The whole experience left a very sour taste in mouth. It's difficult for me to even look at the wigs now.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?

FM Anime offered me a free gift with my NEXT purchase. As a businesswoman myself, I am confused as to why they do not want to correct THIS purchase, but I digress.

NO.

The only exception I can think of is if they have a wig IN-STOCK in a color I can't find ANYWHERE ELSE... and there's a very slim chance of that happening.

No.

3. * What did you order?
      a plain white wig in 8/9 size

* When did you order?
      July

hardly any

paypal

over a month

No

No...i ordered a plain white wig and when it eventually came it had a great big black ribbon in the back of the wig which was not visible on the picture. There was no back view offered on this product, and removal of the ribbon was difficult as it had been sewn to the hair weft...had i have known it had a massive bow in the back i would not have purchased it

no

I asked for a partial refund and was refused. when i involved ebay i was then i was offered a $4.00 refund and i refused as i had paid over $20.00 for the wig with shipping. Then she upped it to $5.00 and i still found this unnacceptable and was told it was my fault because the picture clearly stated there was a ribbon when indeed it didn't. I passed all the info to ebay who agreed the product i bought was misrepresented in the auction. Then when i had received my refund she had the cheek to ask me to pay half back to her...
      nowhere on the description does it say there is a ribbon attached and it was my fault for not spotting it

http://www.fm-anime.com/e67-bjd-sd-doll-hair-wig-white-p-328.html

No never again

no i would not

4. * What did you order?
      A custom wig and custom doll cosplay costume
      * When did you order?
      1st September
      Very good! Venus reply message within the same day. She is also very polite
      I"m familiar with paypal so it was very easy
      I received my items this morning. The order was finished 3 weeks late but since Venus did apologise I guess it's alright.
      Yes
      N/A
      I absolutely LOVE the wig! The style and colour was exactly what I want and it fits very nicely.
      As for the costume, I feel that there can be some improvements for the fit. I guess that the company hasn't made that many dollie clothes but overall, they did everything well. The shirt was rather loose around the waist and arm (not the figure-hugging cut I would expect) but I'm quite satisfied with what I get (just like my instruction,there is the "00-01 VOCALOID" thing on the shirt. It is sewed on instead of screened onto the shirt but I didn't specify so I have no rights to complain ;P)
      If there is anything I'm not exactly satisfied with, it's the shipping time. Like I mentioned above, it was finished later than the time the company put on the website.
      Venus appologised and asked for the deadline to be extend. I did get my stuffs in the end and everything was done by the extended deadline.
      Definitely! I am TOTALLY in LOVE with the wig!
      If they are well cared for (and the shipping cost isn't ridiculouslu high ;P) then -yes- !

[​IMG]
      didn't iron... -scarf fail- like I said, I just got it this morning.

5. * What did you order?
      Wig #E04 (gray brown, size 1/4)

* When did you order?
      September 26, 2010

I received order updates, no other communication was needed.

Very easy (PayPal).

About 20 days.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes. It's nice and thick and I love the color.

N/A

Yes.

Sure.

6. * What did you order?
      Two wigs with specific details:
      E04 in colour K40(mix blue) in size 16.7cm
      E67 in colour (moss green) in size 15.6cm

* When did you order?

Some time in September I think.

I received no communication from fm-anime.

Payment was simple and quick.

Apparently two months or so, which was about how long they cited.

Considering a $12 wig should be of lesser quality than a $25 wig... I am dissatisfied with fm-anime's products entirely but the customizable colours and the wigcap itself was appropriate considering the low price.

The style of the wig is similar of the blue wig, yet the quality of the photos does not match the quality of the wig. The green wig is a sea of distance apart from the sales pictures.

No, I am not satisfied with the blue wig: While the fiber is soft and the volume is thick and the colour is vibrant, the wig looks used. The fibers are stretched, therefore they are frizzled and tangled. The fibers are not smooth, and they aren't even the same length. There's a strip of hair on the back-left that's a significant three inches shorter than the main body of the wig, and it's nothing but stretched and frizzed tangles. As for sizing, I do not have the head I intend to use it with, therefore I am unsure of the sizing.
      For the green wig, I am completely dissatisfied with it. It is a knotted mess of stretched, tangled fiber and the style is not in any way remniscent of the stock photos. Also, there is no way to prove the inaccuracies between the real product and the stock photos because fm-anime has re-done their site and no longer are the pictures of the Chiwoo head with this wig on there... As for the sizing, again, I do not have the head it was intended to be worn on and therefore cannot verify the sizing.

I am not pursuing any kind of resolution with the company, therefore, this section is not applicable.

No.

No.

EDIT: Also, the shipping packaging was terrible. The wigs were tangled within the hairnets. Each wig was encased in a cardboard frame in attempt to protect the shape as well as with a tissue-paper ball within the wigcap itself - staples of wig shipping as far as I know - but then the two wigs were crammed into a flimsy, paper envelope - not even a padded envelope, just a regular tie-it-closed envelope - and when I got it there was no surprise that the wigs inside were as crushed as the envelope.

7. * What did you order?
      A custom wig sized for an MSD in bright orange.

* When did you order?
      October 22, 2010

The communication was pretty good. Venus was very friendly and helped me find the style wig I was looking to get.

Very easy, through PayPal

The order was placed on Oct. 22nd, and it was shipped Dec. 1st. This was understandable though because of the notice on the site that states custom orders take 30-45 days to produce. After being shipped, the package took 10 days to arrive.

For the price ($23.60 with shipping), the quality and custom service were appropriate.

Ah, now this was an interesting thing. I showed Venus a picture of a human wig that I wanted the BJD wig to look like. She redirected me to a wig available on the site that was a pretty close match. When the wig got here, I was a bit upset that it did not look like the same style I ordered. However, after playing with it for a few minutes, I realized that the wig had been styled almost identically to the picture I had shown. So no, the item did not look like the sales picture. But it looked exactly the way I wanted it to.

Overall, yes I am satisfied. The color of the wig is a bit brighter than I though it would be, though that is to be expected with monitor differences, and I actually like the brighter shade. My only real complaint is that in some areas the wig cap is easily exposed, as though the hair is too thin.

The thin hair issue isn't so bad that I'm seeking reparations.

Perhaps, if I were in need of another custom wig. Would not order something from them that I could get elsewhere though.

Only if it were a style and color of wig I really needed.