1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

For Large doll family owners - Do you mix clothing styles?

Jun 8, 2007

1. Well none of mine have back stories, so that probably helps.So they are all different,but I find too that when/if I change the face ups it can change their style a bit too, and recently I've found a couple of dresses I really like but in different colours, so two of my girls will match. But also having said that they can change clothes quite often, so I think it would get really tiring to try and keep them either in the same style or colours etc., all the time.So, I do see them as individuals rather than a group of matching pretty show pieces...:)

2. Mine tend to stay in the same style all black punk,goth,casual clothing, I have only 1 boy who likes lighter colors and less punk. Its just how there characters are and my one and olny girl likes to dress in boy clothes but she dose have girly clothes but she often sticks to a shirt and a pair of jeans.

3. I have various sizes of dolls, and they all dress to their personality, some are Jeans and T shirt, couple of them are Lolita style, couple modern/funky with a twist lol, one loves the more outragous stuff from Luts, another likes trousers and suit look, non of them really dress the same and they dont really look out of place together..

Thing is coud ot dress them all the same as they would not fit their personality and to me thats more important.

tho jmo... hope that helps :)

4. Mine dress differently depending on their characters. My 60 cm boys are very casual normal boy clothes (with Liam's being more distressed looking and Lorry tending to be a little more pulled together). My mini boys are more on the funky side with Hikaru often cross dressing. I have one girl that wears a lot of punk and goth clothing, one that dresses in nice average girl clothes, and one that wears more fanciful outfits.

The differences don't bother me, and by havng a large number of dolls, I can experament with different styles of clothes. I also like the variety in my doll family.

5. I like things that clash. That said, I do have varying styles, but I usually end up dissatisfyed with very modern/casual.

6. I only have one doll, but I don't think it matters ^^ I mean, you have so many more opportunities to be creative if you have different clothing styles to mix and match between. Also, if you took a normal high school class, the people there wouldn't be wearing the same clothing style (in most cases.. .p).

7. Mine don't match at all - they're a complete mis-match. Jack only wears cute lolita style, his sister Bonny stomps around in long coats and short skirts/shorts/dresses and big boots. Then I've got Bertie in 1920's suits, Columbia dressed like a showgirl, Rowan in his black-leather-and-period-military evil overlording goodness, Isabella in formal Elven military uniform or else corset and bustle, panniers or crinoline, and Moscow just sits around naked.

Admittedly dolls from the same storyline tend to dress in at least the same period of clothing, but that still allows for a lot of variance, especially with the modern and fantasy settings.

The way I figure it is that all real people have their own individual clothing style, so why should all my dolls dress the same?

8. i have 6 girls, and two seem to have their own style. one is slightly goth, one a bit punk, and the others similar in liking fashionable jeans and casual skirts, etc. i am planning a bit of variety when ark gets here, i think... but i usually stick to current fashion, not fantasy or formal. in real life, people wear many different styles, so i see no problem in mixing it up with the dolls!

9. Thank you everyone!! its helped me allot especially the reason behind the clothing and how you feel about them as a group.

10. It depends on the dolls personality. My three girls so far are all cute and sweet so their clothing style is similar. I have a new girl on the way though that I think will have a much different personality and I plan on dressing her accordingly.

11. My SD group feels very disjointed right now. I have one guy in a steampunkish outfit, one in very casual clothes, one in more punkish casual clothes, one in a fancy robe-like outfit, one in gothic aristocrat clothes, and two that I can't easily classify. In contast, three of my MSDs are in lolita/aristocrat clothing, while one is in fantasy clothing, so my MSD group is more cohesive. It bothers me when I get ready to do family pics (which is not often), but most of the time I don't care. I would like to have about 5 sets of each type of clothing though, in case I ever wanted to do a photostory with several of them. So far I've never tried even a simple photostory, but once I do I want the outfits to match.

12. I don't do stories or characters, so what my dolls wear tends to match my current mood. Also, because I sew all their clothes, but don't draft patterns, what I make is somewhat dictated by the sort of patterns I can buy. A year ago I decided everyone would get a black and white outfit. The styles were all over the place, but the color scheme was all black and white. I got tired of the project long before I ran out of dolls to dress -- that happens when you have a large brood.

13. I tend to dress my dolls according to season (winter clothes during cold weather, summer clothes during warm days, etc.), but otherwise, I don't follow a set theme or pattern. However, the clothes I buy them tend to be on the casual side with very few fantasy or formal wear, so in that sense, their outfits tend to work well together.