1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

For The Love Of BJD Companies

Apr 14, 2010

1. Doi Shin, the creator of ShinyDoll, made an MSD sized line after ShinyDoll fans asked him. Not only did he create a whole new doll, he shared the process step by step here on DoA and really took to heart people's opinions about joints, body line, etc. It made me feel like I was a part of the doll making process. I ordered one soon after they became available and she's one of the most special dolls in my collection.

Here's the creation thread: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...hinydoll-Mini-production.&highlight=shinydoll

2. Wow ~
      What an amazing doll Creator he is.
      It really makes you proud to be part of the hobby.
      Thank you very much for sharing this Renee-Chan !

3. I have been shown kindnesses by Dollmore Jee more than once. I ordered a dress a couple of years back and when they went to do my order for shipping, it was sold out. They refunded me , sent me another dress for free, and also a gift of a skirt for any disappointment I may have had. Well, I surely wasn't disappointed with all of that.
      Another time, they sent me only one rocking chair when I had ordered two. They paid the shipping on the second one and also sent me a package with Hound size T shirt and SD size stockings and a skirt to apologize for the mistake!
      I think most of the companies want to keep a customer happy and are very gracious.

4. When I ordered from Ringdoll recently, I made a mistake (a really huge, horrible misunderstanding of What An Idiot proportions) and had to change around my order, explaining that I'd misread their promotional offer. Not only did they let me change the type of body was running under the promotion to a different one (the promotion was for the type 2 teen body and I wanted the type 1 body) and let me also still receive the one-dollar gift-head, but they also greatly reduced my shipping and handling fees.

And then I was the first one in the Ringdoll Waiting Room to report receiving my order (I got it within a very few days of when they said they'd ship it, too! Somewhere between 4 and 10 days, depending on if they shipped it on the day they said they would or earlier when they asked to confirm my address). AND they gave me a free gift of really lovely sparkly glass eyes (and the Ringdoll necklace). :o

They also addressed me as, "dear" in all communications with them, which might annoy some people, but hey... I live in the South and endearments can be endearing if used nicely. :x

5. Good Lord Duchess! That's absolutely fantastic customer service! I'd be pleased to be addressed as "dear" as well. >///<

6. Wow ~
      Go Ringdoll !!
      That's an awesome experience.

7. It was actually a dealer who did something very kind for me; I ordered a bunch of stuff from Denverdoll, and one of the wigs was too big. It was in the right sized ziplock bag, and had the 6-7 sizing on the tag, but the wig itself was actually a 7-8 and too big for the doll. I emailed then and asked if I could send the wig back to them in exchange for the right size and they told me to keep the wig as a gift and they sent me a replacement wig in the right size. It was so sweet!

And once, I ordered a pair of shoes from Dollzone and was sent two left shoes by mistake; they refunded my shipping and sent a replacement pair for free. It was a lovely gesture on their part and made me a very loyal Dollzone customer (seeing as how three of my four current dolls are DZ).

8. This is such a sweet thread! I have had great experiences with all of the BJD companies I have dealt with and and I think I've received little freebies from all of them. Dollmore has been especially gracious with what they've included. I was also one of the first customers to buy a doll from Slinky Neko and I received a gorgeous carrying case and several free outfits as well.

9. I had a really good experience with For My Doll. ^_^ I ordered two preorder wigs from them, which I figured would take about a month to make. Less than 30 days after I ordered, they e-mailed me apologizing for 'taking so long' and offered me a free wig to make up for the 'delay'! :D I had the wigs about a week later. I definitely call that good service!

10. I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one :XD: I was so overjoyed when I found my girl's little pink and white shoes with WHITE soles instead of black haha

11. Even though I'm a BJD newbie, I love Mint on Card s Service. Prompt, very very friendly and speedy delivery. THank You. Thank You.

12. Well, what the BJD company did for me can be consider as minor compared to what others had experienced out there but to me, it means a lot and totally made me go "Omg, I love you guys!".

Basically, I told them I adored Code No.02 a lot and if it is possible to apply his face up on my Tender Too. To be honest, I was mailing with a thought and preparation of being rejected on the request but they actually said yes on my request (I'm not sure if it plays a role on it because I did mention Valentines' Day is my birth date too). In addition, I am also allowed to apply Shall's face up on Bee-A. :fangirl::fangirl:

I don't know if my case is very common but it does excites me all the way even until now.
      -Personally got the urge of sending a thank you card to DoD- :aheartbea:aheartbea

13. The last 2 full set dolls that I ordered from Dollzone came with an extra free wig - both of them! Very unexpected and made me love them even more! :)

14. No way ~
      Every extra thing a company has done is wonderful as it is unexpected.
      BJD companies are so wonderfully personal and personable.
      Thanks you for the experience Hera !!

15. When I ordered my doll from Bobobie, I went to pay for it, but in the middle of the paypal part, I had to go downstairs to help my mom with something and my order timed out. So I restarted and paid thiking the first payment hadn't gone through, but when I checked my e-mail, I had two invoices from paypal. I emailed Bobobie and told them about the problem, and they fixed it right away. :) They were so friendly and nice to deal with! They also put up with my impatience on the forum every time I asked about my order, which was like, once a week XD

16. Just a quick moderator note: We love that you guys are sharing your great stories about dealings with BJD companies, but please remember that there is no need to bump up General Discussion threads. Thank you!

17. I have to say my best experiences have been with the dealer Featherfall. They've got such great customer service and have always been super awesome and friendly when answering the millions of random questions or request I have like "is this in stock?", "can you delay shipping this item?" or "can you find this out for me about this product?" But I have two stories of them which make me particularly love them.

The first was when I fell in love with DZ Reiko but was dismayed that they didn't have a listing I could buy her from on their site. At the time I was a little confused and worried because she's listed in the Limited Edition section of the DZ website and I was afraid that she either wasn't available anymore or wouldn't be for much longer. So I sent them an email saying I was looking to get her but didn't see her on the site. Immediately they sent me an email back saying they don't usually have her available to purchase because it's unclear if DZ will be keeping her for sale permanently but that they’d made a listing specifically for me so that I could get her. I felt so special that’d they’d made a special listing for just me to order from!

My second story was when I was buying some Ringdoll guns that they were selling. I wanted 2 of a certain style but when I went to add 2 to my cart it said there wasn’t enough stock to do that! I emailed them to ask if this meant that I they wouldn’t be getting anymore in and they told me that they’d been having trouble with customs with them so they couldn’t get any more. I was a little sad but I ordered the last one anyways. I got an email from them a while after I’d completed the order saying they’d found another one in stock and that they were holding it for me to decided whether I still wanted an additional one! I totally did and I was so glad they’d let me get first dibs on it.

I don't know if these are simply just examples of good business but they made me feel special because they were so considerate to me. I can't help but adore their service now.

18. Did the replacement pair consist of two right shoes, or do you now have three left shoes and one right? XD

I'm loving JunkySpot and Fairyland right now.. it's only been minor stuff since I've barely ordered anything yet, (new to dolls) but everything they've done has been nice. XD; Surprise discounts and free stuff and letting me change my order, omfg:aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea

19. Gotta give propers to the lovely folks at Volks Tenshi no Sumika in Torrance, CA. They have been so sweet and so helpful. The company might have a slight aspect of being aloof, particularly to visiting non-Japanese, but the Torrance crew is nothing short of awesome.

20. Sorry ~
      XD
      I didn't know. . .