1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

For those of you with dolls who have lovers.. (or want one)

Jul 4, 2010

1. I own both dolls in my dolls' pairings. I don't think it would work otherwise as all my SDs belong to one big storyline & universe & it would be difficult for someone else to understand the nature of their world & the various creatures that inhabit it. As far as their storylines, they sort of "tell" me about them. Things can change withing my crew & it would be hard for someone else to keep up with what's going on. Most of the paired couples have backstories about how they came to be involved with each other but I seldom take pics or write anything down as I don't have a good photo space & as for writing, well I should but I'm lazy.

2. For those couples...
      -Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      Generally I prefer to have both dolls in a couple so that I can take photographs of them and have them sit together whenever I want. I don't mind them having friends outside of the house though, in fact I think it's pretty cool. Ces had a temporary girlfriend at a meet-up which I thought was fun :)

-If someone else's. In person or internet?
      I wouldn't mind either way. In person would be better because the dolls could physically pose together and what have you.

-If you have the choice of either (ruling out financial problems, originality or lack of, etc), which would you prefer?
      I much prefer having both dolls for the reasons I stated earlier :) But I do think it's a great way of meeting other people in the hobby.

-If your doll's significant other has a different owner, do you take pictures, role play, chat in-character, have their backstories figured out, plan out their future or do anything else with the dolls?
      N/A.

-If both your own, what do you do to enjoy said relationship?
      Just generally posing them together, taking photographs, writing stories. It's nice to see them sat cuddled up on my shelf in a morning or when I'm feeling a bit lonely myself.

For you guys who have both dolls of your lover pair:
      -When you get or got the second doll, do you or did you plan to have him/her be your first doll's love or it just turned out that way?
      I definitely planned it: Cesavier and Seraphine were meant to be together from the moment I thought of buying her (in fact, I bought her for him in a way). Chaste was meant to be Fox's girlfriend when I bought him but he was a project I wanted to do anyway and ended up being his boyfriend instead. I really wanted Gretel for her sculpt and it was convenient to pair her up with Neeko.

3. -Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      For my own dolls, because I want all the lovers together.
      Not so much, because they are yosd's. They are mature characters, but I am aware their bodies aren't mature looking. So at most, I photograph them romantically (hugging or looking at each other), fully dressed. And when my boy had his first "birthday" I made birthday cards from his lovers. I also tried making rings, but that didn't work out.
      -When you get or got the second doll, do you or did you plan to have him/her be your first doll's love or it just turned out that way
      ?
      I planned for my second doll (a girl) to be my boy's first love, but "she didn't want to" and is now his playing-hard-to-get flirt. The others did fit the role perfectly. Later I got another doll a lover too. They too make an adorable couple.

Yes, my boy has three wifes and he is a player. No the girls don't mind. Yes they can "play" too.

Here is one couple of mine:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/65802246@N02/9693667511/

4. -Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why? Mine. Because then I can have the whole family complete.

-If both your own, what do you do to enjoy said relationship? I take cute, couple shots with their kiddiwinks :D

5. My girls have personalities primarily directed towards me, a little harem-esque if you will at times. But then I've noticed lately I've found a few of them in kind of shoujo-ai-like relationships with each other because I tend to place them next to each other and pose them together. But then theres others who act like they're vying for my attention instead.

6. All of my dolls have lover, their lover dolls are all from my close friends, so the can meet their lover frequently. Me and my friends always went to doll meet up together, taking and shearing photos of our dolls, making lots of fun.

7. My guys have no choice xD They're based on my characters so they get who they're supposed to be with... Assuming I find a doll to portray the partner and/ or they're prominent enough to become a doll... For my first boy I had to get his girlfriend because of how important they are to me as a pair :3 Whereas my other boy, and my boy coming... Dont really have partners at all and I have no intention of seriously considering them one so I can afford the dolls I want for other characters XD

8. For those couples...
      -Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?

Within my collection because it would be very inconvenient for everyone otherwise.

-When you get or got the second doll, do you or did you plan to have him/her be your first doll's love or it just turned out that way?

I knew within a short amount of time that my first doll should have a lover. Fortunately, her and Marlowe had great chemistry from the very beginning. :0)

9. -Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?

If I own the sig. other, that's cool, otherwise I'm also all right with someone else owning the doll. If someone else owns the doll, it saves me space and also gives me an excuse to have a dolly get together. :)

I prefer in person, although if I ever had a situation where it was online I'd be okay with that too. Usually I like to keep it in my circle of doll friends, that way the dolls can still get pictures and such.

-If you have the choice of either (ruling out financial problems, originality or lack of, etc), which would you prefer?

Hm... If space and money weren't an issue and I had to purchase the sig other, I would do that.

-If your doll's significant other has a different owner, do you take pictures, role play, chat in-character, have their backstories figured out, plan out their future or do anything else with the dolls?

Actually, most of my dolls with sig others come from RP characters and the person who I RP the character relationship with owns said doll. XD And we do talk about the future and write stories and such.

10. Aha! That thread is for me!
      I have a lot of couples. It's just I am a very sensitive person, who just can't stay alone and must have some cutie to hug. And I guess that's why, when a doll lives in my house long enough I go "Aww....he/she is so lonely... T__T I must find him/her a darling!"
      So I have 6 heterosexual couples, and two homosexual (and there's going to be more soon!! ^__^))

I prefer my dolls were dating one of my own dolls. Otherwise you get less controll over a situation.
      And besides, my doll will miss that other person's doll. And I don't often go for dolly meetups because of my job (

In person) To make pictures ^__^)

Well, when I had a friend, who had my doll's fiance in her collection, we normally left them together holding hands (for they were just children MSD - so no kissy!!!), while we chat. Or we took some pictures and made gifts to each other's dolls. That was very funny, beacuse I'm not a crafty person, so...my gifts were really ugly.

Pictures and I sometimes write or sometimes tell stories about them, he-he)) I just like to watch them most of all)))

-Would you rather have their ideal significant other in your own possession or seek out someone else with said ideals?

I'd rather have it myself. As I said, you have more controll over the situation. My friend one day just disappeared, she wasn't interested in a doll hobby any more, so my doll was left alone((( That was sad!

Hmmm... Since I have pretty much couples in my collection, I have both couples, who meant to be together, and couples, who just looked cute together and I desided they are sweet on eachother.

-How do you find that other someone for your doll? Or do you wait for them to find your boy/girl? (For example, do you go to doll meets and they met and fell for each other there? Or post a role play ad of your boy/girl and hope other role players find you, etc.)
      On a meetup. At first it seemed funny, that two of our dolls look so nice together, but then we desided that it's actualy an idea. That's how it started ^__^
      What's for my own dolls I just find a doll, which fits them for their tastes (yes, my dolls have tastes))) No logic here at all. I just go after my senses.

There was a time when I purchased a couple, they both came home I put them on the couch and...they were more interested in the dust falling from my sellar, then each other. If you'd see it, you would understand. Well, they are not a couple since then >__<

11. I actually started buying dolls basically for this purpose... xD My marionette was so lonely and I found him the perfect bjd boyfriend and bought him! But because of that, yes my pair is just me owning them but if my irl friend who owns dolls decided that one of his dolls worked well with my Valli, we'd probably work something out.

12. Before I would have said that I want to own both of them. However, I tried to create one couple, and it turns out I like her with another one of my dolls instead. Because of this, I no longer buy dolls to be another dolls' SO. If someone else wanted our dolls to be a couple, I would be more open to that :)

13. I haven't really owned a doll that has been in a relationship, but I would like to some day. I would like to own both the whole couple myself, but also have a doll that is in a relationship with another owners doll. It would probably be easier if said owner lived near me, but it would totally work otherwise too. That would actually be really nice!

14. I'd go for couples in my possession so I am free to do with them whatever I want opposed to having another person decide how their doll "acts" and such... it's always like that for me - I don't really like roleplaying or figuring out stories with other people because I like having things my way haha!

I'd consider making a doll couple with a really good friend though, if I know them well and we have similar tastes and we got to meet a lot to ... "have out dolls meet and get to know each other" lol (that sounds kinda weird).

15. I am actually saving up for Maggie's beefstick right now! They were a packaged deal even before I got Maggie in doll form...it was just trying to find the right mold for him. I finally found him, so the bad-@$$ bount hunting duo will be reunited!....in four months.... (the woes of production wait times...)

16. My dolls have no lover because almost all of them are guy. But there has a pair which seems sending love signal sometime; Alaistair and Iori because of the story line, I made, maybe :D

17. Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      Own dolls because they are part of my story line.

If both your own, what do you do to enjoy said relationship?
      I like to put them together and take photos. Well in their story (for a particular pair), they are lovers who could never be together. So in doll form, I wanted to help them fulfill their (characters) wish. (I hope this is not weird.)

18. For those couples...
      Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      If any of my dolls are going to be a couple - I will get my own both because I don't know anyone else in real life who has a doll. I feel like I shouldn't make decisions about other people's dolls as well. Plus if I have a falling out with the other doll owner my doll doesn't have a significant other. Also I'm not into RPing which is one of the only reasons I can think of having another person own a doll that is engaged with my doll. Is that what other doll owners are doing?

If you have the choice of either (ruling out financial problems, originality or lack of, etc), which would you prefer?
      Definitely owning both dolls.

If both your own, what do you do to enjoy said relationship?
      Nothing really. Since I view them like inanimate objects I'll just say they are in a relationship and make them look like a couple. I'm not really into RPing or making up stories for them.

When you get or got the second doll, do you or did you plan to have him/her be your first doll's love or it just turned out that way?
      I planned on giving my new doll QingLi a boy doll as a husband/boyfriend. Instead I am giving her my Amanda doll I'm getting from Dollshe. I will probably give the boy to my ChenXing now. I have rings picked out for them and everything. I don't have either doll in my possession yet so that'll be fun when they arrive. They might even arrive at the same time. So exciting.

19. I haven't thought about it my dolls don't really have a connection with each other they tend to all feel like family so if they were going to be in a relationship it may be with someone else's doll....but then again, I don't have many friends in the hobby and I'm shy so...it may be some work in progress