1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

For those of you with dolls who have lovers.. (or want one)

Jul 4, 2010

1. I'm kind of for either. XD;

Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      I prefer to keep the love lifes within my own group of dolls. Though, a few of my dolls (and characters) are in relationships with some of megarathewarrior's dolls (and characters), but we've been friends for four years (I think, dates are fuzzy XD; ).
      I do like to keep the relationships in house, though, just in case of fall outs and stuff (which has happened before with RP partners).

If someone else's. In person or internet?
      It doesn't matter. megarathewarrior is an internet friend, but it would be awesome if we lived close enough to visit each other and not worry about shipping dolls. XD <3

If you have the choice of either (ruling out financial problems, originality or lack of, etc), which would you prefer?
      Both are fun to me. I have my own little stories in my head for my dolls' characters, but, I also quite enjoy RPing the characters with someone else (as long as I've known them for a little while).

If your doll's significant other has a different owner, do you take pictures, role play, chat in-character, have their own backstory figured out and planning their future or anything else with said dolls?
      Most of those. megarathewarrior and I RP our characters on occasion, and a few of her dolls have visited me. I'm in need of an extra body, before I can send any her way. Don't need lovers as floating heads, that's just awkward. u__u; We also share pictures of our dolls and the lovers tend to ogle over each other. XD

If both your own, what do you do to enjoy said relationship?
      I like that I have more control over the relationship, so I'm not afraid to take certain pictures and I can take pictures of them whenever I want. It's just a bit easier (and less expensive than shipping them). XD

2. I guess having more control with owning both dolls is how most people likes it. Wouldn't blame ya.

3. My dolls have relationships with eachother.

I would never have a doll couple with a different owner for different reasons.

I want my dolls to be in the same relationship forever. So once they got a boyfriend or girlfriend, they will be together till death.
      With a second owner, that is harder to do. What if the other owner decides to sell the doll? Or if your friendship breaks down, will the doll's relationship continue?
      I don't want to be in such situation. So having my dolls paired up with other of my dolls, it is a lot easier.

And secondly, my dolls have a story about a different world. They are Gods and Goddesses and they all fit with their own role into that story.
      I can't match a doll into my story if it has a different owner.

And also, taking pictures of the dolls together is a lot easier when you have them together all the time. If I want to do a photoshoot with a couple right now, I just can do it. I don't need to email the other owner, decide for a date to meet and take pictures together, etc etc.

To me, it is just a lot easier to have my own couples. :)

4. This for me, too. So really, whether my dolls have lovers is just a reflection of who they are with in the overall story. I could see it being fun for my dolls to hook up with another doll for a photosession (in the way of a random slashpairing fic) without its being really a lasting part of their characters. Ultimately, though, whether they're really lovers in a consistent sense depends on whether they're aleady in a canon (or fanon) relationship.

5. Not only am I a complete control freak, but my dolls are mean to be incarnations of characters from a set of novels and novellas I'm working on. As such, their characterizations, and relationships, are completely self-contained (within the novels/novellas, and thus within my own doll collection). In their doll forms, there has been a certain amount of overlap and interaction with the characters and storylines of other people I know, but it has always been limited. I consider such interactions to be Alternate Universe/AU or "non-canon," and to not influence the original characters or their relationships (though I have thought of and discovered things in these interactions that I later incorporated into my own storylines).

I have also come to the conclusion (after some years of experimentation), that having such relationships and interactions be of a romantic or sexual nature only complicates my own handling of this delicate balance I've managed to achieve between the text and resin forms of the characters. As such, even within the limited interactions my dolls do have with the dolls/characters of other collectors, I do not permit them to have romances.

The only exception to this is Luke Alan (currently a floating Peroth head). He is a character that was completely scrubbed from my original fiction (I decided he did not suit the plot), but who still exists in doll form. Because of this I feel completely comfortable allowing him to have a romantic relationship with a doll that belongs to someone else. Indeed, that relationship and interaction has become his canon, rather than serving as an AU series of events.

6. Well, all my dolls have characters of mine, so they all have stories attached. And yes, some of them do have significant others, but only ones that are necessary for the story. However, the subject of a love life does come up with the other characters, they just don't have one XD

Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      Again, all my dolls/ relationships are carefully planned out, so they're only matched with the dolls I get them.

N/A

If you have the choice of either (ruling out financial problems, originality or lack of, etc), which would you prefer?
      \
      I'd prefer them all to belong to me and not have the hassle of having to arrange "playdates" with the other doll's owner. Plus, it keeps things less confusing for photostories, etc. Besides, I have very detailed images of all my characters in my head, and I want to be able to change little things on a whim without having to go through someone else.

If your doll's significant other has a different owner, do you take pictures, role play, chat in-character, have their own backstory figured out and planning their future or anything else with said dolls?

N/A

Once I get them all, I'll start introducing them into storylines and take relevant photoshoots/ stories with them. I haven't been able to do much with my current pair because I haven't been able to actually start their story yet. But yes, I would pose them together and write scripts and everything.

7. For those couples..

My own dolls. My dolls are all based on original characters so they usually already have lovers in their story lines. Since I write the stories myself I control the characters and would feel weird about some one else owning one.

n/a

I just prefer to own the dolls myself.

There are one or two exceptions to my rule. We joke that Kisten is having a fling with my friend's boy and we do pose them together for pictures ect. But now that Kisten's actual lover has arrived it doesn't really happen as much. There is also my little boy Kitsune who has a sort of little boy crush/puppy love thing going with my friend's little girl doll. Since Kitsune is so young I never really planned him a girlfriend/boyfriend and the two just looked so cute together. So when they are together we take pictures of them ect. I don't like to take Kitsune to meet ups unless I am taking Noble (his guardian) or I know my friend will have his little girl because some how he always winds up getting in trouble. He is fine if he can sit with his little friend.

I do photos with them, pose them together and take them to meet ups together. I rarely take one out without the other (with a few exceptions). I use them to help with my writing so I will often get both of the dolls out and play with them when I am at a block.

For those of you who want a relationship for your doll(s), would you rather have their ideal significant other in your own possession or seek out someone else with said ideals?
      I just prefer to have them in my possession. I am very "obsessed" I guess you could say, with my characters so I control everything about them. I wouldn't feel comfortable with someone else writing part of their story which would be what would happen if some one else owned the character they were involved with. My dolls aren't just dolls with back stories, they are all shells of original characters. Sometimes I will play around with their "dolly selves" but ultimately the character stays the same in my head (and on paper). If they will have a partner I already have that character in mind so if it were to exist in doll form I would be the one to realize it. I don't mind playing as much with the tinies since as little children romance is not really on my radar. They can have little crushes as most children do. Most of my dolls right now have their lovers in doll form as well. Noble is the exception because I don't like female dolls or characters very well and so he is alone. I did buy his girlfriend once but I sold her. I wouldn't mind posing him with other dolls for pictures but I know his character is with Aster who will probably not exist in dollie form.

8. But obsession makes the world go round! XD Anyone else?

9. I want my dolls to have their SO with me so that I can ensure that they wont be sold off. That way if they want, I can make a child for them.

10. Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's?
      I have both situations. I have one boy who is madly in love with someone elses girl. I have another boy who's interested in another someones girl and I have a MNF couple who are totally into only each other :aheartbea
      Why?
      In my home, love is an elemant that has limitless boundries. Okay, so I suppose really I have no specific reason for not having a preferance. I have to add that I trust the other owners and feel comfortable with the current situations. As well, I enjoy my two lovebirds here. So far all has worked very well, and all resin parties seem very happy.
      Again, I have both situations. My one boy's girl is actually in another country. My other boy likes a girl that is with in meeting distance.
      I think both are fun. In person is cool, because of the natural expressions, and exchanges, but online has been equally as fulfilling, and actually more romantic.
      In my experience, the in person trist has had photos, no back story on my end, but she has a very cool history. The online romance has been owners exchanging doll intentions. That particular relationship has much potential.
      My two MNF's are constantly with each other. They rarely are seen alone. They are sweetly affectionate, and keep their relationship pretty private - but can resist smiling when they are leaning into one another, or staring into each other eyes. They are so amazingly cute !! :aheartbea:aheartbea

11. I prefer to own both parties, I believe. Or more so: I will in the future. Right now, none of my dolls has a real relationship going on, other than friendship, so all possible problems are pretty much ruled out at the moment.

I am however slowly turning a few of my roleplay characters into dolls, Maverick being the first. The friend I am doing this RP with does not own any BJDs herself, but I have a feeling she eventually might. And in that case, it'd be extremely funny if we had one (or more) of our old roleplay couples in BJD form, imho. Her owning one and me owning the other.
      Since we don't live very far apart, it'd be easy to meet and take pictures together etc. or even leave a doll at the other person's house for a while, without having to worry about shipping the doll to the other side of the country or anything like that.

12. My doll's are representations of RP characters, much like (so it seems) many other people's dolls. Some have lovers, but as the other party is AFRAID OF DOLLS, I have Imouto-chan's permission to make as many of her guys as I require into dolls to go with their husbands on my end. I probably only plan to make two of them, possibly three, but no more than that, as the cast of characters in that particular game is enormous and spans more than 40 people on both sides. XD

It would be a nightmare.

I prefer to have them all anyhow, since this way I can set up the stories and photograph them properly, without having to ship dolls between Indiana and another state. XD For once Imouto-chan's dolly-fear works for me, though I'd really like it if she could help me pick the right FACES for her guys in particular. XD Alas, such things are left up to me.

13. I actually prefer to have them both though it'd be really neat if one of my friend's dolls ended up in a relationship with mine. I really do want at least one couple, as it'd be a lot of fun and it gives me more picture ideas. I'm really hoping that my first doll will look perfectly fine against one of the others I plan to get but I'm afraid that she'll look either too small or funny next to him. It's hard to say as I've only seen three in person.

14. I wasn't aware RPs can expand to include THAT many characters. XD Haha. That would be a nightmare indeed if you did ever collect all of those characters in doll form. Your own doll army. Good luck with your endevours.

15. XD Thank you! Yes, it didn't start out that way, but in moving the story along we keep adding characters and now the cast is so huge I'd need several separate rooms to store enough dolls to have both casts! At the moment I'm only planning on three solidly planned guys from her cast, mostly because they are married/mated to the ones from mine.

Considering I'm topping out my collection around ten dolls, it's just not possible to have all of them.

16. I think that I would rather own both dolls. So it's not like a 'long distance' relationship, because those really never work out anyways. (from my experience anyways x]) All of my characters are boys anyways, so let the boy love begin! : D

17. Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?

My own are fine, but I think someone else's would be fun too. That way they can do cute little photo stories to each other.

In person is nice, cuz then they can do photo stories TOGETHER!

Probably my own or my best friends'... /cough drags her to Canada....

I'm sure Jenna and I will do something like that once her Cain arrives lol. At least they will be friends!!

Cuuuute photo stories ~ :3

18. My doll was matched up in one of the lonely hearts game threads on the forum :) There were a few months of conversation and roleplay, then it sort of fizzled out naturally. It was great fun whilst it laasted though, and I'd love to match up another of my dolls - Maybe in my own area this time, to make correspondance easier (International postage, and even synchronising with other people's time zones, is a nightmare sometimes).

I played it as sort of a pen-friend type of relationship, and it didn't seem weird in the slightest - Just a good way to get two dolly characters to interact.

19. I would want to own both dolls, I could probably have more fun with the relationship that way.

20. Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      my own doll of course :D I have a greater area of exploration of their story and photo snapping ^_^

I'm not good at writing,so I'll simply take photos of them and form a story :) yet for sure,I have to decide their relationship by their own background story and personality :)!

For those of you who want a relationship for your doll(s), would you rather have their ideal significant other in your own possession or seek out someone else with said ideals?
      my own possession :)!!!
      It's sad to have some distant relationship D: I mean across the screen but untouchable ):