1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

For those of you with dolls who have lovers.. (or want one)

Jul 4, 2010

1. I dont care either way ^_^. Kotori and Geoff were already a set couple that I already had made up. Knox however is single for the moment, uh- Even if he does have a daughter. (Whoops Time skip? She jumped planes of time. Knox's form is his 19 year old one. He doesn't have Ila until much later.) I just don't know enough Doll owners in the area/online that would consider wanting thier doll to be in a relationship with an apathetic Pirate. ^.~
      Once I met with my two friends who own dolls and Knox now has a sister (Haha even though thats not the case in my story.) And we determined that my friend's doll Avery had a crush on Knoxy. Except he is uhm, probably a little too old for her ^^;

2. XD I'm not surprised most people want to own both dolls of the relationship. Good luck to you guys.

And the same good luck to people who are more.. adventurous to seek out other owners with dolls. : p

Anyone else?

3. I agree. Having someone else own their mate would be awkward.

4. Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      Someone else's, because I enjoy role-playing with other people and I think the relationships wind up being just a touch more realistic if I'm not controlling both characters.

If someone else's. In person or internet?
      Internet. I don't live near any doll collectors so it's pretty much the only way I can meet people. Plus, having access to the internet really increases the list of potential RP partners (romantic or otherwise), which increases the chance of finding successful long-term partners (that hasn't quite panned out for me yet...I still try though).

If you have the choice of either (ruling out financial problems, originality or lack of, etc), which would you prefer?
      Probably still RP-ing with other people, though I see some benefits to having your dolls paired off amongst themselves too. For example, you could make an entirely self-contained story around your dolls and their characters, and you could avoid some of the drama that inevitably (in my opinion) crops up when you try to get people to play together.

If your doll's significant other has a different owner, do you take pictures, role play, chat in-character, have their own backstory figured out and planning their future or anything else with said dolls?
      I've done a whole variety of different things, including most if not all of the stuff you list.

If both your own, what do you do to enjoy said relationship?
      n/a

5. Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?

I prefer for my dolls to fall in love with another one of my own. I guess it's really an issue of control: it makes it easier to plan the acquisition of the significant other, what he/she will look like, the story and relationships with other dolls. It makes it easier for the story I'm (not really) writing, plus it's also easier to take pictures of them together. (Plus co-writing burns me out pretty fast, so I don't think I myself can maintain my dolls having relationships with another owner's dolls.)

(not) Write *lol*, take pictures, learn how to pose them in precarious and/or scandalous situations ;)

6. Really interesting thread. Most of my BJD - The adult/large ones, which is something basic for me to get to think they could have lovers - are already given (One Piece manga and anime series) characters. By the original title they come from, none of them is supposed or expected to have a real lover, but I have my own vision of it from my romantic point of view since the time I began reading/watching it.

Therefore, it does not sound odd if several or many of my adult characters have lovers. The truth is all my large BJD have theirs and I own most of them, which is what I prefer. Only in one of the cases the relationship is between one of my BJDs and one of another owner. Like the rest, it may work in time or not, future is never said until it happens, although most of them are strong and to last relationships.

Their love life developes by writings I love to write, pictures I take, my never stopping imagination and chatting to another person (Role playing) even when both from the couple are mine. Chatting (Role playing or face to face) and photos are also the way when one is mine and the other not. Whatever it is the case, I do not plan everything about it, I just let happen what my brain imagines the moment it does.

7. I actually plan on having both of my characters that are lovers. I have not RPed in aaagggesss but I could imagine they might find a friend or something that way. Penpaling with other dolls is something I would like to try in the future. As for relationships, I rather have the dolls to myself like everyone else has said because of storyline ect... Plus, my two are quite clingy to eachother @-@ so long distance is no bueno.

8. I call ditto on this ;P And all my dolls are female so you know how THAT'S gonna go hehe. But I dun mind I think it's cute.

9. For those of you who want a relationship for your doll(s), would you rather have their ideal significant other in your own possession or seek out someone else with said ideals?

well i already plan to get a lover for my first doll myself for christmas (or even before, because i still need 2/3 of the money) :3 but i wouldnt mind if my boy gets a lover through the internet :D but the person with the doll would have to live near me so we could meet each other and let them meet, too, of course!
      the relationship itself... well since im a fan of tougher stories it would be like that XD with cheating, stalking, etc. (somebody knows "scarlet" from hiro madarame? like this manga *-*)

im a big fan of bjd couples <3

10. I prefer to have the adults who fall in love be my dolls, while, say, the teenagers dont matter as much. My friend is buying a boy doll that is going out with my girl doll, who im ordering at the same time. But again, they are both teenagers, so it would be rather realistic in the sense that they dont see eachother all the time, etc. My two adult dolls though, that are pining after eachother are both mine, so I wont have to send them away to their spouses or something.

11. I think most people do this for the sake of characters, or just for prettiness. Right now, I don't plan on pairing dolls together, but I wonder what I'll think in a few years...

12. I have a married couple, both dolls are mine. Having a seperated couple just seems so sad! They don't have eachother all the time. For some reason an older movie called "Lady Hawk" comes to mind. My dolls are little people to me and I don't know if I they would be happy apart.

13. All the couples here (there are many) are paired up with other housemates. I love to pose & photograph the couples together, so they have to be here under my control whenever I want 'em... I wouldn't have the patience to let these poor guys survive on chatroom mash-notes & phone-sex. xD For the most part, my friends and I are all the closed-storyline/non-RPing types, and like our characters to exist in the universes we've got in our own homes.

My first doll, however, does still have a long-distance girlfriend who belongs to Grey Roses, all the way on the other side of the country. He got here before anybody else, so there was nobody else in the house, and I also don't have any girl dolls--so it's natural he'd have to develop a distance crush. But, after five and a half years it's sort of more like a penpal situation, and an opportunity to swap cute raunchy gifts & inside jokes. ^^ It's all in good fun.

14. Honestly I think its kind of odd when people have their own dolls as couples... idk but I'm fine with it when its two different people's dolls? I guess I feel like when its just one persons dolls they're just forcing them together, but if it's two different people's dolls then idk it seems more.. real.

15. I'd rather both dolls be mine than someone else's, because then I can take photos at any time I wish, if I were to have an idea. Also, I would want to make sure there is no ''hanky-panky'' going on (philandering!), and if I'm in possession of both, I know for sure ;).

One of my MSD girls will have a lover, but my SD girls will be doomed, because I promised myself only 2 SD, and they're both going to be girls lol

16. Interesting replies since I last checked this thread. Hope you guys keep adding or replying to this! <3

After all this time, I still think me personally, I prefer to pair my boys up with other people's dolls. To me, as Mad-Marsh mentioned, to be more "real" since their other half isn't also controlled by me. And they gain more depth in their pasts and presents considering the other side will contribute ideas that I'd probably never thing of. Not that I don't have enough different personalities in me to do it. Haha~
      I guess I'm more into the emotional factor than the physical one?

17. Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?

I'd only do an actual coupling with my own dolls, ALL of my coupled dolls are owned by me, and my next couple will be too.
      As for why? A couple reasons, i like knowing my dolls "companion" is where i can watch over them and make sure they stay the way i want them as a couple. If i coupled with someone else's doll and they change something about them, that makes me dislike it enough to not want my doll coupled with them... thats one hell of an awkward conversation to have i'd think. "i'm sorry but my doll is dumping your doll..."?

That and i'm very very particular about how i do things with my dolls, they have to be stored certain ways, their things have to be sorted certain ways and during photo shoots i'm extremely picky. I don't think it'd be good to try and mesh my obsessiveness with someone else's ways, every dolly owner does things their own way. :P

On a different note, i would try one of those match up games just for fun.

I have atm 3 dolly couples, and a 4th on the way with another way off in the future.
      I like that i can pick them up for photo shoots as a couple without having to call someone up and ask them to come over. Plus i happen to think it's cute to pose them cuddling or tuck them in together.

For those of you who want a relationship for your doll(s), would you rather have their ideal significant other in your own possession or seek out someone else with said ideals?

I'm planning an MSD couple (to be complete soon i hope!) and i don't think i'd bother with them as a long distance couple. I have a very particular character/mindset for the boy and i don't think it'd be an easy one to find with another owner.

18. For those couples..
      Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      Usually I prefer to have someone else (namely my girlfriend) have their partner. For me, it's just more fun that way. There's more elements that I don't control, or I have no way of knowing.

Preferably in person, since it's my girlfriend who has their partners. I haven't yet had a doll who's partner was owned by someone I met online.

If you have the choice of either (ruling out financial problems, originality or lack of, etc), which would you prefer?
      I definitely prefer my girlfriend... simply because we both love the hobby and live together, so we can photograph our dolls together and have fun photostories. But, as I said above, I haven't ever had a doll who's partner was owned by someone I met and primarily communicate with online.

If your doll's significant other has a different owner, do you take pictures, role play, chat in-character, have their own backstory figured out and planning their future or anything else with said dolls?
      Yes, yes, yes, and more yes. My girlfriend and I turn our characters into dolls all the time, which then go on the wishlist, and depending on who we like best, go on the "to buy" list.

Eh, having one couple that I have both the characters of makes it difficult to make them go anywhere. The element of suspense and surprise is gone, as I know what each is going to do, and I feel less excited about them. I still love the characters, but I don't get to play with them as much. And that makes me sad.

For those of you who want a relationship for your doll(s), would you rather have their ideal significant other in your own possession or seek out someone else with said ideals?
      I'd prefer someone else to have the partner for my doll. It makes it a lot more fun, and realistic, for me.

19. Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      Someone else's. ...okay, a very specific someone else's, lol. XD My bff and I buy our dolls in pairs - they're not always in relationships (we have a couple of sibling pairs), but they usually are, and I prefer it this way by far.

Both~ :D We roleplay or write stories with/for the characters online, and pose/play/dress/etc. with them in person. It's ridiculously fun.

Still with my bff- I think it would be a little bit boring to own both halves of the couple, anyway, for me. I prefer writing with her, and with her characters. :3

All of the above~ :D and then some! Two upcoming doll couples we're getting, we're planning on having send gifts and letters to each other in the mail, since we live in different cities. :3

20. My doll Dorian's lover, Igor, is mine and I love it. Communicating their relationship is purely in photo form, Im not a big fan of photo story's or making characters with them. My friend however is getting a doll, and since Dorian is a bit of a flirt, I imagine he would have a relationship with it. While I adore owning one of his lovers, I think it would be awesome for him to have a lover i dont own as my friend can bring a totally diffrent perosnalty and desgin into play. Again, the romance would all be in photo form ^_^